Tax rebate VS.....

The Spawn

Better Than You
Reaction score
falling-money.jpg

FairTax, it is the answer. Not Rebates.

I'd say dropping money from planes is the least of their idiotic ideas.

Dropping money from planes sounds like a better option, as long as they do it when I'm outside.

There are 3 things we can count on SupermanBeyond saying: a noun, a verb, and FairTax.

Apologies to Senator Biden

Senator Biden probably shouldn't be one to accuse another of plagiarism.

I would have preferred they use all those billions to fund public works projects in all the states. I may not have an immediate effect, but it would employ thousands (maybe tens of thousands) of people, generate tons of revenue in taxes, spur the economy, and leave us with (hopefully) valuable projects when completed.

I heard on the radio something that is interesting to note, that this 600 or 1200 they are giving away as "rebates" are essentially just loans taken out of our 2008 tax return. Any truth to that?

I heard on the radio something that is interesting to note, that this 600 or 1200 they are giving away as "rebates" are essentially just loans taken out of our 2008 tax return. Any truth to that?

Found this on CNN.com.

An earlier version of this report incorrectly described the federal tax rebate as an advance on 2008 tax refunds. The rebate is an additional tax credit for 2008, and it will not be taxed.

This means you don't even have to put it as income on your 2008 taxes when you file next year. Basically, it's like the government is giving us an extra $600/$1200 on our tax refund next year, but they're giving it to us this year instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"