The Dark Knight TDK won't be released in China....WB cites cultural sensitivites

wacist.gif

Its because WB is good with calculation.

I love that gif! Awesome!

Yeah, I could care less about whether China gets it or not. They're so uptight about every little thing about their culture, but when they make movies in their country, it's ok for them to make foreigners look bad.

China can kiss my ass!

**** China,

Yeah, **** an entire country because Warner Brothers decided not to release the movie there, likely because they didn't want to bother editing a movie that admittedly has some anti-Chinese elements to it (including the gun that wouldn't shoot, which was just over the top).

Chinese guns are terrible in fairness. The amount of people I've been unable to kill due to shoddy chinese weaponry...

Yeah, **** an entire country because Warner Brothers decided not to release the movie there, likely because they didn't want to bother editing a movie that admittedly has some anti-Chinese elements to it (including the gun that wouldn't shoot, which was just over the top).

Ok the word **** I didn't mean it, but I want to see it on the Big screen again

I love that gif! Awesome!

Yeah, I could care less about whether China gets it or not. They're so uptight about every little thing about their culture, but when they make movies in their country, it's ok for them to make foreigners look bad.

China can kiss my ass!

Then it shouldn't matter if WB doesn't release it in theaters. It's not like they need the money in that regard. The U.S. government is already begging the Chinese and Arabs to bail them out of the country's bad assets.

this is somewhat off topic, but I've noticed that ever since China's 'growth' in the world (and the Olympics), I haven't seen/heard a damn thing about Hollywood diggin' more into tech-savy/schoolgirl loving Japan. Is it because Japan is in economic problems (and who isn't) before the recession.

Besides the lame Dragonball adaptation, nothing really happened since Lost in Translation.

I've seen the film at cinemas and have the Blu ray on widescreen TV. I couldn't care less for China. :p

^ I don't think anyone really 'cares' whether or not Chinese people see the film (they'll have watched a pirated copy either way), it's just a shame that the film is currently just under the billion mark when if it weren't for all this it would be well over.

No big deal, obvsiouly, just a shame is all.

this is somewhat off topic, but I've noticed that ever since China's 'growth' in the world (and the Olympics), I haven't seen/heard a damn thing about Hollywood diggin' more into tech-savy/schoolgirl loving Japan. Is it because Japan is in economic problems (and who isn't) before the recession.

Besides the lame Dragonball adaptation, nothing really happened since Lost in Translation.

Well in terms of TDK performing in Japan, it disappointed. Whatever the reasons were it just didn't make a killing in Land of the Rising Sun. But Japan is the 2nd toughest market to break into besides America. So maybe the movie just couldn't get promoted right.

As for the movie market in general, the exporting of American movies into Japan have not significantly changed. You can even still get an obscure U.S. film imported into the Japanese market.

I thought that this was a big issue until I read an article about US films and China. Only 20 or so US films get accepted into China every year. So this is a non-issue.

^ I don't think anyone really 'cares' whether or not Chinese people see the film (they'll have watched a pirated copy either way), it's just a shame that the film is currently just under the billion mark when if it weren't for all this it would be well over.

No big deal, obvsiouly, just a shame is all.
Yes, true. We'll take their money all the same.

Yes, true. We'll take their money all the same.

Uh, actually if you've been keeping track of the trade issues, you'll see they've more been taking America's money. That's part of the reason America has complained about how China keeps the yuan value so low. And since America has also asked China to help bail it out of its recession, I'd say America owes China a lot.

Invest in euros ye Pro-Anglo Saxons! :brucebat:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"