The Dark Knight Rumor Alert! ‘The Dark Knight’ goes Red Band!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Found this article (I DIDN'T WRITE IT!!!)

http://www.geektyrant.com/2008/06/rumor-alert-the-dark-knight-goes-red-band/

You heard it here first. Rumor mills are abuzz again and ho
pefully for the better. I’ve received some inside info form a friend of mine working on the remake of the classic ‘The Day the Earth Stood Still’ (I wont name names, but he’s pretty important) that Warner Bros has been debating (Behind closed doors, of course) whether or not to release, what I gather to be the originally R-rated version of ‘The Dark Knight.’ Although not
commercially viable on the R-rated front (i.e. Blade, The Punisher- Even though these movies spawned sequels and are excellent in their own right, they didn’t rake in a ton of money) it looks like Warner Bros is going with an unprecedented dual release of ‘The Dark Knight.’ One, sure to bring in a hefty haul, PG-13 audience friendly version. And one darker R-rated version for the more ‘hardcore’ fans, released only in select theatres. Based on some new photos of [blackout]The Joker ‘in makeup’ as a cop
and one of him as a nurse with a very peculiar surgical tool, it seems the uptight MPAA has deemed Heath Ledger’s make-up a little too grotesque. [/blackout]Personally I think they need to pull their balls out of their purses and reattach them, if you’ve ever seen ‘This film is Not Yet Rated’ you’ll agree with me. Given its July release date if the Warner Bros brass decide on this momentous release I would expect a press release very soon, and possibly a red band trailer? One can hope.

Same opinion as Conebone69 on this one.

yea i think your friend is full of BS....until i get proof i wont believe it.

Hypothetically, if this true, would the footage you described for the "R" version be cut for the PG-13 if an "R" version was never released? Or would they compromise and just leave it in there if there was only one rating?
And if this is true based solely on the footage you described, then the MPAA are a bunch of ******s. Who would of thought
visual appearance of Joker's face
would change a rating? Although editing out the guns in Indy's trailer was pretty lame too.

<----------------------------------------------------------------------> x infinity is how much i doubt this

Hey I just posted the thing, I don't know the guy, so I can't vouch for any of them.

Sounds like a load of **** to me.

I don't believe it either.
And the Day the Earth Stood Still remake doesn't grab my attention either.

Who cares if it is a load of bull****. If this is true, thanks for the heads up and AWESOME!

well if this is true (and I said IF) it's OK for the USA but what about ....well let's say....the rest of the world ????:cwink::woot::woot:Will it be the same thing (considering we don't have the same rules considering the movie's ratings)?

An also added 'if' - even 'if' this is true, the DVD will be sure to clear this up.

No way, however cool it may be.

That would be unnecessary. I would imagine Nolan knows very well the limitations, and he's just not the type of director to go for such a gimmicky thing as that. And how can his makeup be too grotesque for two scenes, when it looks the same all the time?

Uhm, yeah.

There is no way in hell this movie is getting any "red-band" anything or an R attatched to it anywhere. MAYBE in director's cut, but I doubt it, especially if it has dto do with the Joker's make-up. Reeeally? I think not.

If there was an R version, we'd have heard about it by now.

Who cares if it is a load of bull****. If this is true, thanks for the heads up and AWESOME!

Huh? What? :huh:

Thanks for the info on something that doesn't exist. AWESOMEeeeeeeeccc1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"