TED (Seth MacFarlane / Mark Wahlberg / Mila Kunis)

Ted is one of those movies that works best while watching in a packed theater

One of my favorite bits was the cutaway of Lori picking up the hookers ****.

...as John hid behind the banister like he was afraid of it.

That had me going because, frankly, I'd probably be doing the same. Lol.

Yeah that would of been me too , lol.

Damn you Seth McFarland, because of TED, I went out and bought Flash Gordon on Blu Ray........and loved it all over again ;).

That's a great movie. I'm hoping more people pick it up because of this.

MacFarlane is so busy with his TV work that if a sequel were to happen, it would be a long time from now.

I FEEL LIKE IT WOULD HAVE BEEN A BETTER PLAN TO CUT OUT THE KIDNAPPING PLOT ENTIRELY AND USE IT AS THE MAJOR PLOT IN A SEQUEL.

WOULD GIVE THEM MORE TIME TO FLESH IT OUT BETTER.

-DOOM :doom:

Without the kidnapping plot, there wouldn't have been the "emotional" ending.

This only came out in the UK today, went to see it earlier, and thought it was superb, best comedy i've seen in years, and this is coming from someone who doesnt watch FG.

EDIT: Just had to add one more thing, not a big fan of Wahlberg but he was superb in this, as was everyone but he really surprised me.

8/10.

Last edited:
Ted is one of those movies that works best while watching in a packed theater

We watched while I was on hols across the pond and the theatre was packed and it was great atmosphere in there.

Me too

So...sequel?!?!

Ehh I don't think it would be a good idea to do a sequel. I mean where could they take the story and have it make sense and not feel like a cash grab?

I was thinking the same thing.

I FEEL LIKE IT WOULD HAVE BEEN A BETTER PLAN TO CUT OUT THE KIDNAPPING PLOT ENTIRELY AND USE IT AS THE MAJOR PLOT IN A SEQUEL.

WOULD GIVE THEM MORE TIME TO FLESH IT OUT BETTER.

-DOOM :doom:

Then this guy suggested this so I think that could have worked.

Without the kidnapping plot, there wouldn't have been the "emotional" ending.

But I agree with this although if we didnt have the emotional ending and it was just fun fun fun when a sequel was made there may have been a bigger impact with the kidnapping plot.

This only came out in the UK today, went to see it earlier, and thought it was superb, best comedy i've seen in years, and this is coming from someone who doesnt watch FG.

EDIT: Just had to add one more thing, not a big fan of Wahlberg but he was superb in this, as was everyone but he really surprised me.

8/10.

Do people in UK understand the Boston humor? lol

Do people in UK understand the Boston humor? lol

I probably missed a few things, but there was plenty in the movie I didnt miss, was laughing throughout, very funny movie.

In regards to a sequel, they could always have Johnny and Lori having kids and Ted interacting with them and having to become a child again himself, just a thought.

I probably missed a few things, but there was plenty in the movie I didnt miss, was laughing throughout, very funny movie.

In regards to a sequel, they could always have Johnny and Lori having kids and Ted interacting with them and having to become a child again himself, just a thought.

Yeah that's not a bad idea. could be fun having Ted having to tone down his, well everything lol

Come on, Seth. Let it go while you're on top.

I don't know about a sequel. I think MacFarlane should just a new movie. I'll say what I say whenever a sequel is announced. Let's hope it doesn't go wrong, even though comedy sequels are rarely good.

Saw this today I laughed so much that I had tears coming out but I don't think sequels work well for a comedies I mean look at Hangover 2.

Maybe he should just make a different movie with Mila.

I agree about no sequel. Move on to another idea. Ted was a lot fun, but I don't see where they can possibly go from here.

I don't see where they could go either.

I think a sequel could be great, have John and Lori have kids and have Ted interact with them as well as other people.

Really enjoyed this, best comedy I've seen this year - although I haven't seen many and am still waiting for Keith Lemon to come out..

Very funny... the Flash stuff was great and Wahlberg was good too... Giovanni Ribisi needs to be in more stuff.

Just a thought..

When Ted got the rip in him it was kinda obvious what was gonna happen but I thought it would have been cool if his stuffing had started falling out, like his was bleeding...

Wouldn't be against a sequel but it doesn't exactly need one. I'm sure the studio will wanna push for one though, given that it has done so well....

I had the idea that there would be a female teddy bear out there brought to life and Ted see her on TV or something and try to track her down... but that's probably more like a cash cow idea than the idea posted above about them having kids and Ted being some sort of child minder.. that actually feels like a logical step forward....

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"