Teen Titans

I didn't read the New 52 Titans stuff, how did they do it? Because the only origin

They're still sidekicks but Red robin is recruiting young heroes as the a group called N.O.W.H.E.R.E are capturing young metahumans. Nowhere have created Superboy a clone of Superman and he wants his freedom so he thinks bringing in the Titans will allow that. Of course he does end up joining the team but not until after he's given them a mejor beatdown. It was pretty good and the story line rang along 3 different comics Teen Titans, Superboy and Ravagers. But as far as I got into it which I think was 7 issues of so Superboy still hadn't met Superman.

Ladies and gentlemen, your Dick Grayson :)
ezra_millerThecine.jpg

Ezra Miller

They're still sidekicks but Red robin is recruiting young heroes as the a group called N.O.W.H.E.R.E are capturing young metahumans. Nowhere have created Superboy a clone of Superman and he wants his freedom so he thinks bringing in the Titans will allow that. Of course he does end up joining the team but not until after he's given them a mejor beatdown. It was pretty good and the story line rang along 3 different comics Teen Titans, Superboy and Ravagers. But as far as I got into it which I think was 7 issues of so Superboy still hadn't met Superman.
OK, the movie could follow that plot somewhat and it could work and not have to show Superman, Batman, or Wonder Woman. maybe they could get away with lesser known heroes too. Like some B level heroes. But that idea could work.
Still think Cyborg could be used to help tie it into the JLA film (but the problem is the same as if they wanted Superman in the movie) who would be cast and would that actor play Cyborg in the JLA film?
Still I think if they are showing these characters and hinting at the fact that they are sidekicks of heroes like Wonder Woman and Batman the audience might want to see those heroes and not just hear about them or something. Might want to see why Red Robin isn't with Batman or why Superboy isn't be trained or talking to Superman.

I suppose an another option could be to have it in a semi future world where the original heroes aren't around anymore I know it'd be a leap but it could still be faithful.

That could work.
That could even be a part of the plot and still have it be in regular continuity. In the Wolfman comics Raven brought the team together again to stop a coming threat called Trigon. In her visions she saw that the JLA were not part of it or something, something where she had to keep them in the dark. Maybe in the film a future version of a character, like Nightwing (a future version of Robin in the film) or a future Cyborg, comes back in time and brings the team together to stop a coming threat and its mentioned that the JLA can't know about it. So we never see the JLA but they are mentioned but its also mentioned why we can't see them or why they can't find out or something. That way it wouldn't necessarily have to be a future story or something.

That could work.
That could even be a part of the plot and still have it be in regular continuity. In the Wolfman comics Raven brought the team together again to stop a coming threat called Trigon. In her visions she saw that the JLA were not part of it or something, something where she had to keep them in the dark. Maybe in the film a future version of a character, like Nightwing (a future version of Robin in the film) or a future Cyborg, comes back in time and brings the team together to stop a coming threat and its mentioned that the JLA can't know about it. So we never see the JLA but they are mentioned but its also mentioned why we can't see them or why they can't find out or something. That way it wouldn't necessarily have to be a future story or something.

Yeah I mean look at the comics themselves there's multiple stories who knows maybe you could do the whole the original heroes are dead and have the Titans in the trilogy arc fighting to stop that from happening. Maybe if you do a trilogy have them in the final film go back in time to stop the JLA from dying. There's many options, I'd prefer something radical like that than just ignoring Superman etc cause we know of his clone turned up he'd be there, same as Robin would definitely visit Batman at somepoint etc.

As it looks, to me, currently, Cyborg is in the Justice League (and has been set up as always being a member) and is not in Young Justice or the Teen Titans comics. And in the comics they have set up that it just started so its always been Red Robin, Superboy, Wonder Girl (not Donna), Kid Flash (Bart), and three others I do not know.
It would make sense to put their most popular characters into the movie, like Dick Grayson as Nightwing and Cyborg, but it also makes sense to follow the comic more so that fans wont go out looking for a comic and get confused. Why put characters into the movie who aren't in the current comic?
It will probably end up being like the Avengers or X-Men, where it sort of follows the comics but has its own continuity separate from the comics and cartoons. So we could see a mix and mash of characters. But I still think we wont get Cyborg, but he could end up in the Justice league movies instead of Martian Manhunter (who is going to be in the new JLA comic, so he could still end up in the movie too.)
Donna Troy however is not in the comics and not in the cartoon, if she doesn't show up in the next few years (like say they start making it in two years, and she isn't in anything) they might not use her because she has been absent for too long from any medium.
Wally is Kid Flash in Young Justice but doesn't exist in the comics anymore. So he might not get used because of that. Raven hasn't shown up either has she in the New 52?

What if the line up was
Tim Drake as Red Robin,
Super Boy (clone),
Kid Flash (Bart),
Aqualad (from the cartoon),
Wonder Girl (Cassie),
Artemis (cartoon),

Does the JLA movie need to come out first? For this film to make sense? What if they do this film but are unable to show any characters like Batman or Superman? Will this film suffer?
I doubt they'll ignore the classics like The New 52.

Just because it is whats going on in the comics right now doesn't mean it has to be the movie version. Most people still like the older stuff better. Mostly because the Teen Titans book going on now sucks.

Young Justice is more popular than the comic.

The-New-52-Teen-Titans-1.jpg

This is one of the biggest pieces of **** DC has ever published. :barf:

Nightwing, Kaldur/Aqualad (maybe Garth but honestly I think I'd prefer Kaldur, a lot more interesting of a story with being Black Manta's son and all...), Cyborg, Raven, Starfire and Beast Boy. Add in Wonder Girl (her origin would need to be altered imo...) and Wally West as Kid Flash

ntt_v1_30.jpg
7624172331352007.jpg

They definitely need to draw a lot from this era, this was the golden age of the teen titans imo..

I prefer the Titans run by Geoff Johns. What's to say we won't have the Titans with Superboy etc and then one day they'll do an original Teen Titans like First Class did for X-Men. Personally I don't think they're gonna make a Titans film that's not based on a more current line up.

I agree, with the movies who is to say that they couldn't do a Wolfman team of Titans based in the past and be like a First Class thing. I think Starfire or someone has mentioned how there was a team that included Dick Grayson, Starfire, and others, but they didn't call themselves Teen Titans. So maybe they will reveal in the comics that team in flashbacks or something and then one day put them into the movies. Or put them in the movies without flashbacks in the comics....
Actually, by the time they make the movies the landscape on DC might have changed again. Maybe by that time Cyborg will have had a falling out with the JLA and left to lead the Titans. And maybe by that time Donna Troy will have returned (and Cassie would be gone), and maybe Red Robin asks Bruce if he can become Robin officially, and Raven reappears in a dramatic storyline about Trigon versus the new 52 and everythin changes and we get a team more like the classic Wolfman team. Who is stay say what will happen in the years before we get the movie.

1667203-aqualad.png
1563348-batgirl_4_large.jpg

Before New 52 he was introduced. Aquaman wasn't rebooted either, so he is just not being shown I think. So he is popular on the cartoon show and could pop up in Aquaman at any time I would guess. (unless I missed him being erased in the pre 52 comics.) So I could see him being used.

Last edited:
Exactly we know in X-Men they've been around a long time but we didn't need to see the original line-up first. This would allow the series to be a saga and not just a trilogy.

No one cares about the new line up of characters. It's one of DCs worst books going right now.

No one cares about the new line up of characters. It's one of DCs worst books going right now.

But as stated above a show like Young Justice is more popular than the comic and Geoff Johns run in Teen Titans was amazing. I think more people these days associate Superboy with the TT more than say Nightwing.

But as stated above a show like Young Justice is more popular than the comic and Geoff Johns run in Teen Titans was amazing. I think more people these days associate Superboy with the TT more than say Nightwing.

I definitely disagree with that last statement, Superboy has only been a Titan since '03, before that he was in Young Justice, not Teen Titans. Id say people associate Dick Grayson more with the Teen Titans because he was the main character in the 2003 series, and once again hes a major character on Young Justice.

Superboy has only been associated with the Teen Titans in media once... in Young Justice.

Unless you count Superman X in the Legion of Superheroes tv show, but he has no association with the Teen Titans.

Conner Kent appeared in Smallville, but once again no connection to TT.

Right now Id say people associate Robin and Cyborg with the Teen Titans the most

I never said Dick Grayson I said Nightwing, of course Robin will be associated more with the team but ppl who I know that aren't big comics fans know the Teen Titans as the Geoff Johns era one or more the team of Young Justice. I do feel in the modern era ppl would want the new team rather than the old one, I know I would. Like I said above they can always do a First Class styled TT someday.

Also ask yourself whose the two biggest DC Superheroes its Superman and Batman. I'd say they'd want to use their sidekicks (although I use that term loosely where Superman's concerned) in Superboy & Robin. You have to remember that S symbol is huge in marketing potential without a recignised symbol WBs may not be so keen.

Last edited:
I still disagree. Nightwing has made an appearance on both shows based on Teen Titans. With Superboy only appearing in one.

Your point of DC wanting sidekicks of their flagship characters is valid, but that doesnt prove people think Superboy is more associated with the Teen Titans than Nightwing. Definitely the other way around.

And if youre going to have a Teen Titans movie, do you think they would go straight to Nightwing? Robin is more famous than Nightwing.

And when you say "I never said Dick Grayson I said Nightwing, of course Robin will be associated more with the team"

That doesnt make much sense, what am I supposed to assume when you say Nightwing? Seeing as he ****ing is Dick Grayson. Thats like saying "I never said Bruce Wayne, I said Batman" obviously that makes no sense

How doesn't it? I was basically saying there's no reason the Robin in this film can't be Dick Grayson instead of Tim Drake. I do think people would associate Superboy with the TT more than Nightwing but not more than Robin.

Also Superboy may have only been on one show but he's a consistent character in YJ whereas Nightwings only ever made short appearances.

My bad that makes a lot of sense.

I'd love for Tim Drake to be Robin in a TT movie.

Dick Grayson is my favorite, but as Nightwing, not Robin. Tim is my favorite Robin hands down

A Teen Titans movie based on the 2003 series would be a dream come true, that team is ****ing perfect

Dick Grayson is my favorite, but as Nightwing, not Robin. Tim is my favorite Robin hands down

A Teen Titans movie based on the 2003 series would be a dream come true, that team is ****ing perfect

No worries I can see why you thought it the way u did.

I know it'd kick butt, I even love the idea of a trilogy with the 2003 team and then a prequel triology with the original team.

Dick Grayson was the Robin in that show.

Dick Grayson is the definitive leader of the Teen Titans.

@Captain Wonder, I also think Shelley Hennig could make a good young Diana in the Wonder Woman origin series the CW is developing 'Amazon'.

P.S Who would make a good Superboy (Kon-El)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"