Teen Titans

Changeling

Sidekick
Reaction score
If a Justice League movie ever happens, you could make a spinoff franchise of Teen Titans. It could be WB's new Harry Potter.

Nightwing
Cyborg
Beast Boy
Starfire
Raven
Terra
against Deathstroke.

If he could pull off an American accent I could actually see Daniel Radcliffe as Nightwing..
281x211.jpg

The name would be fatal. No one in this day and age is going to take teenage super heroes seriously. Either you play it for humor, or you age them up to something approaching adulthood.

Which you could *do*, mind ( though I question whether the movie would work for other reasons ). . . but that means you need to ditch the "Teen" in the name.

In my idea for a DCMU, the Titans would be connected to the Justice League using Star Labs. The teens would be a mix of aliens,freaks, failed science projects, and the main doctors son,Victor. Robin/Nightwing would be told by Batman to create and lead the team with Flash and Wonder Womans sidekicks, Wally West and Donna Troy. They would already be friends by this point because they met after the League was formed.
Star Labs would be rivals with Cadmus, the background villains for the first two Justice League movies. Deathstroke would be hired to take down the Titans but would fail. Cadmus, angry about his failure, try to kill him. A war between Slade and his men and Cadmus would ensue. The Titans would obviously stop it. A scene at the end would tease Terra.

The lineup would be

Robin/Nightwing-Aaron Johnson
Wally West
Donna Troy
Cyborg
Starfire
Beast Boy
Raven

Villains

Slade-Viggo Mortensen
Amanda Waller-CCH Pounder

Other characters
Batman-Ryan Gosling
Emil Hamilton-Richard Schiff
Silas Stone-Phil Morris

Thoughts?

The name would be fatal. No one in this day and age is going to take teenage super heroes seriously. Either you play it for humor, or you age them up to something approaching adulthood.

Which you could *do*, mind ( though I question whether the movie would work for other reasons ). . . but that means you need to ditch the "Teen" in the name.

What, really? Teen Titans is a household name now though, isn't it? It's meant for kids and teens, so why rob them of it just because you can't take them seriously? Kids and teens would LOVE to see a Teen Titans flick - since when are superheros only for adults? What kind of an upside down society do we live in?

I think a Teen Titans movie would be amazing. If they had made everyone older, and made it more "adult", it would end up feeling like Justice League-lite, and lose all its charm. The "Teen" should stay. Sure it wouldn't be most adults' fancy, but it was never meant to be to begin with.

I had an idea for making the name teen titans work, have the team consist of people like robin speedy and beast boy, people who used to work as side-kicks, and they're trying to get out of the shadow of their former mentors. they could use teen titans as mocking term for what they used to be. "we used to be the 'teen titans,' the guys all kids wanted to be, out there fighting bad guys with the superheroes on their lunchboxes. but he had to grow up sometime, become our own men." and just call the movie titans.

What, really? Teen Titans is a household name now though, isn't it? It's meant for kids and teens, so why rob them of it just because you can't take them seriously? Kids and teens would LOVE to see a Teen Titans flick - since when are superheros only for adults? What kind of an upside down society do we live in?

I think a Teen Titans movie would be amazing. If they had made everyone older, and made it more "adult", it would end up feeling like Justice League-lite, and lose all its charm. The "Teen" should stay. Sure it wouldn't be most adults' fancy, but it was never meant to be to begin with.

I'm with this guy. Let Teen Titans be a sort of Karate Kid/Journey 2/Spy Kids fun comedy adventurous action fest. Making it Justice League lite would be a waste of time and energy. Not sure I'd call it the same continuity as the League, but definitely fun to be had. I really like the simplicity of Cadmus/Star Labs assembling Stafire, Cyborg, Beast Boy and Raven and then Robin simply being brought in to lead them, or perhaps being the one who believes in them enough to use them as a team. Slade's always a great villain, and wanting to mentor Robin ala Teen Titans Season 1 is a fine arc. Cyborg stops being bitter and becomes more 'booyah.' Raven learns to trust others, Beast Boy learns to stop being so scared and Starfire learns that humans aren't toys. I agree with the idea of teasing Terra at the end.

As much as I love Wally, Donna, Garth and Roy, I don't think they fit as smoothly into a narrative. They all come with separate backgrounds. It might be cooler to bring them in for a sequel, especially once the general audience is familiar enough with their mentors. We don't want people's first introduction to Flash to be Kid Flash, or Wonder Woman to be Wonder Girl. The mentors should come out first cinematically, and ideally, be established and have time to establish such sidekicks.

Edit:
Also, going young means casting young, 20 year olds need not apply.

Last edited:
^Teen Titans would come after Justice League and the spinoffs so you wouldn't have to worry about that.

In my opinion the lineup should be
-Nightwing/
-Wonder Girl
-Kid Flash
-Cyborg
-Beast Boy
-Starfire
-Raven

There should be some Star Labs connection so the team could be assembled.

Like I said in the Justice League thread, I want to see Cyborg as a JL member first who goes off and becomes a founding member of the Teen Titans.

I would love for a Teen Titans movie to be made!! I don't know who I would have in the line up but I would die if Superboy, Robin, Wonder Girl and Blue Beetle were all included or is that more of a Young Justice line up?

If we are including Superboy, I'd cast Robbie Amell in the role. He's 24 but could pass for a teen.

^Teen Titans would come after Justice League and the spinoffs so you wouldn't have to worry about that.

In my opinion the lineup should be
-Nightwing/
-Wonder Girl
-Kid Flash
-Cyborg
-Beast Boy
-Starfire
-Raven

There should be some Star Labs connection so the team could be assembled.
Sad, but I don't think we will see Cyborg, Nightwing, Starfire, or Raven on a Titans movie. I think they will use the roster of whoever is in the comic (and with the New 52 I think they will go with that). I don't think DC will have this New 52 Titans comic and then use characters from the old series in the movie. Same with JLA, we wont get Martian Manhunter on the team. Bummer.

I think they'd start off with the team from the popular cartoon and then transcend into New 52. I don't see them going New 52 right away at all.

I don't think people are that reactive to be honest. It's like saying Batman would never work because people don't like bats.

I'm all for a teen titans movie. With all the animated serieses I'm sure other people are ready for a live action one too!

I don't know if this matters or not, but Teen Titans is one of the worst New 52 books yet. Young Justice/Teen Titans are way more popular than the current book to this day.

They should follow Perez's run on Teen Titans back when it was considered DC's answer to the X-Men

I don't think people are that reactive to be honest. It's like saying Batman would never work because people don't like bats.

I'm all for a teen titans movie. With all the animated serieses I'm sure other people are ready for a live action one too!

If you rely on the people who watch the cartoons alone, the movie *will* fail. There are not enough of them.

Cyborg, established in Justice League and Robin, introduced in one of the next movies of the Batman reboot..get together to form the Teen Titans. They can always change the name around.

They find Raven, Starfire, Beastboy and Blue Beetle. Im not sure i would like Kid Flash & Wonder Girl & Superboy personally. It would seem like watered-down versions of some of the JL members. But if you have to go all out. Speedy, Donna Troy, Wally West would be the others.

If they make this, it should have Iron Man's tone, IMO.

The Line-Up should be:

Nightwing
Starfire
Cyborg
Raven
and possibly Beastboy

With Teen Titans you can and should keep the team smaller than Justice League, and i don't want the team to be just of a pair of sidekicks. If the movie got a sequel then they could bring Terra and the Judas Contract storyline.

I think they would include Wally and Donna so the Flash and WW would have counterparts.

I think they would include Wally and Donna so the Flash and WW would have counterparts.
The New 52 already has their counterparts. Bart/Kid Flash to Barry's Flash and Cassie/Wondergirl to Wonder Woman. Unless they change the New 52's Titans back to including Perez's versions I don't see them using them in the movie. But I do think they would take into account the cartoons and the comic and realize who are the popular characters. Like maybe Nightwing would end up in the film or something. Which might end up with the movie being a strange mix and a new roster all its own. With popular characters from various versions of the team, and sticking more to the current version as well.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"