Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990) or Mortal Kombat (1995)?

TNC9852002

Banned User
Reaction score
Which movie should I get...if I could only choose one?

-TNC

Come on now.....Turtles is a classic. Mortal Kombat is komplete krap.

TMNT is the better film. Mortal Kombat's more fun.

its no where near more fun than turtles,the first mortal kombat should have been made next year.it had no budget and a poor showing,tmnt was a film about gaint mutant turtles with fighting abilities on point with the best of matial artists...............and yet it captivated everyone and became a world wide phemon(not saying mortal kombat didnt but i mean godam,if you had to write a script for either which would you chose,an ancient martial arts tournament with a game already backing it to atleast make its money back or gaint walking talking turtles lead by a rat to defeat gangs.............think about that.

dude, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles all the way...

TURTLES!!!! i love that movie!!! gah, my whole childhood has come flashing back

and to me, the first turtles movie is a more complete experience than the recent TMNT movie.

yeah which sucks because with the animation they could have done anything.o well,ill always have that memory of splinter telling the story of the turtles birth.tmnt happens to be the first film i saw in theaters.work of art.

its no where near more fun than turtles,the first mortal kombat should have been made next year.it had no budget and a poor showing,tmnt was a film about gaint mutant turtles with fighting abilities on point with the best of matial artists...............and yet it captivated everyone and became a world wide phemon(not saying mortal kombat didnt but i mean godam,if you had to write a script for either which would you chose,an ancient martial arts tournament with a game already backing it to atleast make its money back or gaint walking talking turtles lead by a rat to defeat gangs.............think about that.

No argument in regards to which film's better overall but I have more fun watching the ridiculous over the top fights in mortal kombat more than the weak sauce way the turtles defeated shredder...

oh well, it's still the best ninja turtles adaptation of them all because it's the darkest. The new cartoon one was weird.

If you're looking for overall quality - Turtles

If you want a fun fighting movie that's just a simple movie - MK

This is one of the most random threads I've seen in my 6 years here. I like both movies, but Ninja Turtles is so much better. I thought that was common knowledge by now.

Yeah, definately agree with the consensus.

Turtles, all the way. :up:

Off in the distance, the game's dragging on. There's strikes on the batter, some runners' gone home. But suddenly everyone's looking at me. My mind gets to wondering what could it be? They point to the sky and I look up above, and a baseball falls into my glove! I play right field, it's important you know. You gotta learn how to catch. You gotta learn how to throw. That's why I play right-field, way up where the dandelions grow!

^ Okay...

I'll say go with the Turtles.

Off in the distance, the game's dragging on. There's strikes on the batter, some runners' gone home. But suddenly everyone's looking at me. My mind gets to wondering what could it be? They point to the sky and I look up above, and a baseball falls into my glove! I play right field, it's important you know. You gotta learn how to catch. You gotta learn how to throw. That's why I play right-field, way up where the dandelions grow!
Music to my ears. :D

If you're gettin' the turtles, you gotta go for the VHS version for that classic commercial alone. It completes the experience.
Agreed. And exactly why I had went thru the trouble of converting that commercial from the VHS to DVD. Then, and only then did I feel like I got the COMPLETE viewing experience. ;)

Youtube link for that commercial?

Ah, doesn't do nothing for more. I'm not from the US so we didn't have that on our TMNT VHS. But I understand your nostalgia for that one. :cwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"