Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem

200.gif

Seems a bit early to celebrate. While they seem very committed to the series at least if Mutant Mayhem ends up flopping they could revise their plans. They green lit a third season of Rise of the TMNT that never happened. Also we don't know whether this iteration is a good or bad yet. Do we really want to be stuck with another bad version?

The new movie honestly does look very cute/fun the more I see from it, but I still won't ever really get excited for the franchise again unless Steve Barron/Brian Henson/Bobby Herbeck get to do the live action/animatronics legacy sequel they want to do. The original film is just always going to be the GOAT to me, there's no way around it. It nailed the ideal tone for me exactly. Even as a kid I preferred it to the 90s cartoon.

We've have enough animated TMNT content over the years, and I'm counting the Bay films in that to an extent. Live action turtles in the 2020s is really the thing that would make an old school fan like me perk up. But I know I'm not the target audience anymore which is fine.

I don't see a point in ever making a live action TMNT movie again. They're better served in animation

I don't see a point in ever making a live action TMNT movie again. They're better served in animation

Yeah, I don't disagree. It's a longshot. I'm just saying, for me, that's my definitive TMNT and I feel also criminally underlooked as one of the best comic book films ever made. And I think a movie that embraced animatronics and a more tactile approach would be really refreshing to see in a modern movie, especially when you can have the best of both worlds and augment it with a bit of CG. It's just something that I think would be very cool and interesting to see, but I admit that it's extremely unlikely to happen. We have a surplus of animated films and a real lack of of comic book films grounded in a tangible sort of verisimilitude-- and 0 that are made for kids and yet still grounded. That was something I really appreciated as a kid. So that's mainly where I'm coming from here.

Give me a live action, R-rated, ultra violent movie akin to the original comics, and I'll be happy with no more live action movies.

I just really don't think these days its going to work in Live Action it's better in Animated Form.

That's unacceptable
the first Turtles movie was a masterpiece goddammitt!

I just read a review calling this the best Turtles movie, talks about it being "edgy", and in the same review dismisses the original 1990 film as silly.

cringe-old-man.gif

(I'm glad the movie is getting good reviews though!)

Looks like it’s going to be the best reviewed Ninja Turtles movie. Currently at 95%!

All the previous are rotten, including the first! Damn those 1990 critics.
Awesome, wasn’t expecting that. Glad to see animation seeing a nice resurgence lately.

Any critic saying TMNT 1990 is silly is objectively wrong plain and simple. :o

seriously though, that is one of the seminal movies if my childhood that made me not only love the turtles but love film in general. Its so well done. I wore that VHS OUT boy!

Last edited:
TMNT '90 is a masterpiece.

I still have fond memories of seeing it in the theater with my dad. There was so much hype seeing the Turtles make the jump to live action.

It could have easily been a disaster. They truly caught lightning in a bottle. It was a perfect storm. Still, easily one of the greatest comic book movies of all time.

So glad this is getting good reviews. Pumped for opening weekend!

Does my heart good to see all the love for the 1990 film. Real ones know. I think some people just think about the other two movies and lump in the original, not realizing how unique and groundbreaking it truly was. It was an absolutely seminal part of the childhood of 90s kids and deserves some respect on its name.

Why did TMNT III have such a piss poor budget though? The first two movies were very successful werent they?

I definitely love TMNT 90. It’s dark both literally and metaphorically. My only complaint is the action is lacking but that’s understandable.

I like the 90s movie but to me PEAK TMNT is and will always be the 2003 show, its unbelievable what they got away with in it, the Baxter Stockman story was disturbing and it has my favorite Shredder look.
Nice to hear this new one is apparently really good, will be there day one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"