The Infinity Gems

Why not? size is just a collection of measurements of space (height width etc are all just distances). One would think that control over space would allow for all kindsa crazy fun stuff like that.
I cant imagine any reason why the gem should be limited to just travel can you?

Except those measurements don't cause something to be of a specific size. They's simply used to understand it. An object still has mass. The space gem doesn't manipulate matter. Taht's the reality gem's territory.

*shrugs* i'm sure you could still do it. manipulate the space between molecules or what have you. You may not be able to manipulate matter directly the way the reality gem would but you could still play with perspective a bit to make it seem like you did.

Open holes in space with one side of the whole bigger than the other but have both sides of the whole lead to the same spot.
Even if it didnt have the desired effect it'd still be pretty cool.

Mind you i'm just throwing out the first ideas that come to mind and i'm not thinking about them in much depth.
I'm just thinking that teleportation (even advanced teleportation) should only be the beginning of the applications of complete control over all of space.

Yeah,you could manipulate the space an object occupied even if you could not manipulate the object itself. By altering the space relative to the space around it you could make an object effectively larger, smaller, or distort it. It would still retain the mass and weight of its original size.

If I could time-travel I wouldn't change major events, I'd be too scared that I'd screw something up and then forget how to correct it or something. I still want the US to be the premier superpower, I still want Rubin Carter to go to jail. I love Bob Dylan songs, man.

That's just a tad creepy Not Jake... But it reminds me of a story I read once where a guy had a time travel machine and he kept going back and killing this one woman over and over again because he hated her so. The thing is that she was the creator of the time machine and he was the lab assistant. She rejected his advances and he killed her and took the machine.

Silicon Surfer said:
Yeah,you could manipulate the space an object occupied even if you could not manipulate the object itself. By altering the space relative to the space around it you could make an object effectively larger, smaller, or distort it. It would still retain the mass and weight of its original size.

True. But then, that wouldn't be shrinking it. That would be crushing it into a tiny ball.

Oh great, drop one mention of pedarasty and all of a sudden the mods are on you. Now I know that they read all my posts.:cmad:

Could someone tell me how the Reality Gem was used in the Marvel Universe?

Didn't Adam Warlock Juggle planets with the Reality gem?

Didn't Thanos bring Captain Marvell back to life with the Reality gem?

What exactly can the Reality Gem do?

To do whatever you want... If you can control it without going nuts first :D

Using the reality gem doesn't drive you nuts, trying to understand it does. Using it just steadily and severely damages reality unless you also have and control the space and time gems.

So give me an example of what it can do?

Change reality how?

The list would be almost endless. Create objects out of nothing, change one thing into another,rewrite the laws of physics, or simply eliminate them all together, create fire that burns black and radiates darkness and cold instead of light and heat. You would literally decide what is real and what is not. You could enable people to pass through mirrors to the other side as with Alice.

Silicon Surfer said:
The list would be almost endless. Create objects out of nothing, change one thing into another,rewrite the laws of physics, or simply eliminate them all together, create fire that burns black and radiates darkness and cold instead of light and heat. You would literally decide what is real and what is not. You could enable people to pass through mirrors to the other side as with Alice.

Wow! So if someone had this Gem say someone is traveling FTL they could simply unmake their speed or something?

Or you could change everyone's penis into an opposable...penis.

Not Jake said:
Or you could change everyone's penis into an opposable...penis.

That would make...certain activities...interesting...

ooooohhhh gimme the time and soul gems anyday. You don't need to bother bending or breaking reality to get what you want. you just need to have complete control over your ennemies in life...as well as in death.

it's a case of ''Do as I say, or the next time you blink you'll die and I'll then proceed to torture your soul for eternity'' :D

But as for choosing a single one, I'd go with time just out of curiosity.

Silicon Surfer said:
Using the reality gem doesn't drive you nuts, trying to understand it does. Using it just steadily and severely damages reality unless you also have and control the space and time gems.

Why? I'd think that if you tried to effect space and time, nothing would happen.

You know what I would do? I would steal all of them and give them to the supreme monarch of Latveria...Dr. Doom...as he is destined to rule the universe forever more...

He'd get bored after a bit just like when he took over the earth and leave. More than likely plunging the universe into chaos... or just returning it to normal :D

Really, Doom as god wouldn't be that bad. Besides every major religion worshiping him, things would probably be pretty nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"