Thanos Rising

unlike BillPardy, I am just going to be blunt.

You're a troll. Clearly. So stop ruining a thread dedicated to a new comic coming out and give it a freakin rest. you sound like you are 10. though I bet I know what your response will be

Fine you caught me. I'll go hide under my bridge again now. Thanks for ruining harmless fun. I'll go start an alpha flight thread now.

Jon: 1
Troll: 0

:word:

Wow, Bianchi is a great artist for Thanos. :up:

I agree 110%

This comes out the same month as Iron Man 3?

Interesting that...

I loved this issue. What’s really appealing about Thanos is his complexity. We know he becomes a villain, but he doesn’t start out as one. I hate bad guys who are bad with no real rhyme or reason. To become evil, your soul must be chipped away at slowly until no good remains. And in this first of five issues, Thanos begins to be chipped away by the poison that surrounds him.

I like that Aaron didn’t write Thanos as a ''woe is me’’ type. Thanos seems to carry on just fine, turning his attention on the positives in life, like drawing or playing with friends.

The art is crisp; there’s nice sketchy detail followed by colours that reflect the various emotions from Thanos.

Thanos Rising #1 exhibits how a good character is written. The end of this book left me with a craving for more.

Yeah it was pretty good. I know some people are nitpicking at some possible retcons the issue introduced, but the good writing has me looking past it more so than I could have for Nova and Guardians.

Wow, Bianchi is a great artist for Thanos. :up:

No kidding! I just read the issue and his art is amazing for that character. I've hated a lot of his stuff cuz I don't like how he draws Wolverine and they usually put him on X-Men books, but for Thanos... gold.

no i just thought his glove looked dumb. (with a lisp) "oooh look me I'm Thanos! look at my sparkly gauntlet!"

Hahaha

I guess Thanos isn't the coolest character in the world but you don't need to say he has a lisp.

Hahaha

I guess Thanos isn't the coolest character in the world but you don't need to say he has a lisp.

You shouldn't complain about a post you made under another name...then you become a troll and get banned.

Yeah. Plus this story really interests me for some reason.

Thanos reminds me of a young Dexter. But without the code.

It's good. Not exactly what I expected which is also good.

Yeah, the part I didn't expect was trying to make him relatable.
Starlin's Thanos was a monster from birth and knew it. I'm personally more comfortable with that characterization but am still liking this book.

I really hope they don't try and make him relatable or something in the movies.

Thanos is definitely my favorite comic book character

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"