Infinity War Thanos' voice - thoughts?

Man, Michael Clarke Duncan(R.I.P.) would have been a great Thanos.

But I'm digging Brolin's portrayal so far.

Am I the only one who was really disappointed in Thanos' voice? I pictured something more like Vin Diesel's voice, something super deep or something like that, so that it would be intimidating.

Instead I got just Josh Brolin's regular voice, which doesn't match Thanos' look at all to me. I feel like they should've at least digitally altered it.

Thoughts?

thor-ragnarok-images-taika-waititi-korg-1280.jpg

Thanos' voice is not menacing. But from what I've read, Russo bros want to make something rather fresh with this villain so maybe it'll suit the character better than Vader-like voice.

I like his current voice. *shrug* It sounds deep enough to be menacing without sounding like your stereotypical deep voice villain.

I thought it was spot on. Brolin got jt right. Intimidating without going overboard.

I'm very happy with what we have. I was worried they'd go overboard with the modulation and with deepening Brolin's voice but I'm happy that they decided not to go in that direction. I have absolutely no qualms with Thanos' voice.

People are acting like he's been sucking in helium or something. Brolin's voice may not be Diesel deep, but it's plenty deep.

I love his voice. Yeah, it ain't super deep and creepy. But Thanos is an intellectual character, and Brolin gives him that intellectual tone I always pictured Thanos having. I love the demeanor he is conveying, as well. He feels like the Mad Titan!

People are acting like he's been sucking in helium or something. Brolin's voice may not be Diesel deep, but it's plenty deep.

Agreed. Seems like a lot of people wanted them to go a Robert Englund Freddy Krueger route and do some substantial deepening to Brolin's voice. Once again, I'm glad they didn't because this is one of those instances where less is certainly more.

thor-ragnarok-images-taika-waititi-korg-1280.jpg

Thanos' voice is not menacing. But from what I've read, Russo bros want to make something rather fresh with this villain so maybe it'll suit the character better than Vader-like voice.

The non-deep voice works with this character because he's there for comedy. Thanos on the other hand is supposed to be crap your pants intimidating, and he's a huge alien being, and they gave him a voice that literally sounds like just any plain regular guy.

The non-deep voice works with this character because he's there for comedy.
I was just joking around (TM MCU).

Thanos on the other hand is supposed to be crap your pants intimidating, and he's a huge alien being, and they gave him a voice that literally sounds like just any plain regular guy.
The voice is not "crap your pants intimidating" for sure, but who knows how they adapted the character. Ultron was quite far from his CB version too afaik.

I love the take on Thanos. I love his nonchalance. This is a nihilist, a man obsessed with death. He should be more Anton Chigurh than Megatron.

I've never thought he had a great look...and he sounds like a *****e...so I'm not feeling it yet.

What? I can understand if you don't like the voice but a *****e? How did you get that from what we saw in the trailer?

His voice is perfectly fine to me. I didn't even think of it until I saw this thread lol. Really like his line delivery too.

Thanos voice doesn't bother me in the slightest. I like how it sounds and I imagine given the surround sound in a theatre setting it'll actually be even more intimidating.

We're basing our interpretation of his voice from our small computer screens, Ipads, and headphones.

Thanos voice doesn't bother me in the slightest. I like how it sounds and I imagine given the surround sound in a theatre setting it'll actually be even more intimidating.

We're basing our interpretation of his voice from our small computer screens, Ipads, and headphones.

You don't need high quality speakers to know the sound of a voice. Hulk's voice sounds right on my iPhone just like at the theatre. Vice versa, Thanos' voice won't sound right to me just because Brolin using his regular voice is amplified.

I never felt Thanos should have a voice you expect to sound evil. I've always read him as someone who would be a solid good guy leader if he wasn't bat**** insane.

Ultron trick is you got a robot who speaks like Stark but with the bat**** insane robot voice.

Vader isn't a scary voice if you know grew up in a black house hold.

Some people are acting like a preference for a deeper, more imposing voice (in their opinion) is one massive step towards justified eternal damnation hahaha

Lol some of y'all need to go rewatch the silver Surfer cartoon and hear Thanos voice in that lmao

I never felt Thanos should have a voice you expect to sound evil. I've always read him as someone who would be a solid good guy leader if he wasn't bat**** insane.

Ultron trick is you got a robot who speaks like Stark but with the bat**** insane robot voice.

Vader isn't a scary voice if you know grew up in a black house hold.

Ding ding ding

Lol some of y'all need to go rewatch the silver Surfer cartoon and hear Thanos voice in that lmao

Yeah, I referenced that earlier. He had a very standard cartoon villain voice, which was sorta faux-British, but not really deep either.

I think it's perfect. On the surface level Thanos is just another Evil CGI Space Creature. Cartoonishly deep voice would have fitted that mold really well. However, I have always thought that the contemplating nature of the character is Thanos's best quality. And Brolin's natural voice fits that better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"