The 17th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards - 8/7c on TBS/TNT

Can't wait :up:.

Order of the awards presentation from LA Times:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/awards/2011/01/order-of-sag-awards-presentations.html

1.) Male actor in a TV drama series
2.) Female actor in a TV drama series
3.) Ensemble in a TV drama series
4.) Female actor in a supporting film role
5.) Male actor in a TV comedy series
6.) Female actor in a TV comedy series
7.) Ensemble in a TV comedy series
8.) Lifetime achievement award to Ernest Borgnine
9.) Male actor in a TV movie or miniseries
10.) Female actor in a TV movie or miniseries
11.) Male actor in a supporting film role
12.) Female actor in a leading film role
13.) Male actor in a leading film role
14.) Cast of a motion picture

Things to watch for:

- Best Supporting Actress; if any category is going to diverge from the routine at the Oscars, it will be this one (unless The King's Speech love gets really overpowering and Rush beats Bale, but I don't think that will happen).
- Whether the Globes' love for Boardwalk Empire carries over into SAG.
- Does the industry love for Chris Colfer continue? (you could cut it either way, actors being pleased at his amazing success at a young age or annoyed by it)
- Whether Best Film Ensemble goes to TKS, which would make it pretty much unbeatable at the Oscars; to The Fighter; or to The Social Network (which I think is a long-shot).

Steve Buschemi is now an acting god...

Steve Buschemi IS a god. :awesome:

edit. Congrats to Alec Baldwin.

Very happy Buscemi picked up the SAG Award as well as the Golden Globe, he deserves it. Wish Elisabeth Moss had beaten Julianna Marguiles, she had a great season on Mad Men.

Seeing John Goodman nominated for Best Actor in a TV Movie made me remember how badly I wanted to see him as Rooster Cogburn in True Grit.

Seeing John Goodman nominated for Best Actor in a TV Movie made me remember how badly I wanted to see him as Rooster Cogburn in True Grit.

Dicky Eklund is awesome :up:.

So I guess it's all but inevitable that Bale will win the Oscar. About damn time.

yeah!! Bruce Way... I mean BALE!!!

:) :)

Last edited:
Bale getting a Standing O was friggin' cool! And his speech was wonderful!

Congrats Bale! :up:

Keep in mind Eddie Murphy won a Golden Globe and a SAG award for Best Supporting Actor in Dreamgirls and ultimately lost out on the Oscar. Bale is not a lock for the Oscar but it would be pretty damn ridiculous if he didn't win.

The King's Speech now has three Guild Awards behind it.

Congrats Bale! :up:

Keep in mind Eddie Murphy won a Golden Globe and a SAG award for Best Supporting Actor in Dreamgirls and ultimately lost out on the Oscar. Bale is not a lock for the Oscar but it would be pretty damn ridiculous if he didn't win.
Christian doesn't have a Norbit coming out before the Oscars...:dry:

The TV comedy acting prizes (the individual ones) were totally lame this year. They already gave Betty White the lifetime achievement award last year, and Hot in Cleveland sucks; to give it to her over Lynch, Vergara, etc. By contrast, Alec Baldwin is awesome on 30 Rock, a genuinely very good show, but, c'mon, five years in a row? Spread the wealth.

Which they actually did in the Comedy Ensemble by giving it to Modern Family. The Office, 30 Rock, and Glee had already won that prize.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"