The 2012 Democratic National Convention

Marx

Pixelated
Reaction score
We had threads for both of the conventions back in 2008 and I thought it might be good to have them again given how popular those threads were.

The Democratic National Convention will be held from September 4-6 in Charlotte, North Carolina.

Will you be watching?

Discuss all things CONVENTION!

The Official Website
http://www.demconvention.com/

Um, SV....what were you saying about God and the weather.....lol :cwink:

Um, SV....what were you saying about God and the weather.....lol :cwink:

That evangicals have this weird theory that if something bad happens, it's God's fault, because he loves us and he is showing us tough love.

That evangicals have this weird theory that if something bad happens, it's God's fault, because he loves us and he is showing us tough love.

No, about the weather that the Republican convention had to contend with.....seems God isn't happy with the Dems either...lol

No, about the weather that the Republican convention had to contend with.....seems God isn't happy with the Dems either...lol

God is a Libertarian? or maybe he likes the Green Party

You want to talk about major boo boos for the DNC

-They are at the Bank of America Stadium(I am guessing that won't go over well)
-They in one of the least labor friendly states in the US(way to show your love to unions)
-(somewhat out of their hands but they largely at fault for it) but the deficit will turn over 16T at some point during the convention

All that being said unlike the Republican Convention I think the Democrats one has to be more about issues and less about life in Mayberry(which according to them ended in 2008 or 1988 depending who was talking)

Last edited:
Look, as long as a senile actor doesn't rant at an empty chair during a primetime speech it won't be half the fiasco the RNC was.

Look, as long as a senile actor doesn't rant at an empty chair during a primetime speech it won't be half the fiasco the RNC was.

To be honest I think the bigger fiasco at the RNC was their wasn't enough speeches promoting Romney. It seemed like every man and woman for themself. The best pro Romney speeches where people who he delt with in his personal life, they did more for him then Chris Christie or Marco Rubio.

I also think the worst speech by far was McCain's I want to bomb everybody one, Clint I think should have been put on night 1

I'm hoping we get Matt Damon having a conversation with himself in the mirror.

I like Elizabeth Warren too. I'm trying to find the full schedule but haven't seen it yet.

I like Elizabeth Warren too. I'm trying to find the full schedule but haven't seen it yet.

If I am Obama and the DNC i try find as many people to speak who benefited off his policies over the next 3 days. I know Sandra Fluke is speaking one of these days(although I wouldn't have 3 days of birth control speakers. lol)

You can see the official list of speakers at the DNC's website here: http://www.demconvention.com/speakers/

There's no schedule there unfortunately.

Looking at that list I do think they made a mistake not having more people who aren't politicans speaking about benefits of Obama's policies.

Of that list only 3 seem to fit the bill

Costco co-founder and former CEO Jim Sinegal(I assume he will talk positively about Obama policies and how it helps his busienss)

Women’s rights activist Lilly Ledbetter(equal pay for women)

Sandra Fluke(benefits of free birth control)

I should add I do think the parade of women in Congress is sort of overdoing things.

Getting Jim Sinegal and Lilly Ledbetter as speakers is a great idea. Not so much with Sandra Fluke. There are so many better minority and women speakers out there to promote the Democratic message than her.

Getting Jim Sinegal and Lilly Ledbetter as speakers is a great idea. Not so much with Sandra Fluke. There are so many better minority and women speakers out there to promote the Democratic message than her.

I think they missed out not getting a union leader, somebody from GM(even an employee whose job was saved), gay soldier, and even somebody from Wall Street telling how under Obama Wall Street rebounded(although this one would have to be carefully worded)

I think they missed out not getting a union leader, somebody from GM(even an employee whose job was saved), gay soldier, and even somebody from Wall Street telling how under Obama Wall Street rebounded(although this one would have to be carefully worded)

Those would have also been some rather good choices. I'm just really baffled on why they thought that Sandra Fluke was a good idea.

Those would have also been some rather good choices. I'm just really baffled on why they thought that Sandra Fluke was a good idea.

I am guessing she will tell the story of her friend who had a condition that birth control could have prevented but the school's policy didn't cover it. I also guess they are going for all the virol some talking heads on the right did about her(mainly Rush) to remind us how nasty they can be.

I think it's a basic case of doubling down on the who birth control issue. All that being said this is definitely a speech that has to be worded carefully else it could have negative effects(I fully expect Fox news to jump over any little problem with it, and if their isn't any problems they will find one by twisting her words around)

What channel should I watch this on? I want to try to get the best coverage of the event.

What channel should I watch this on? I want to try to get the best coverage of the event.

Probably Fox, they will be the most critical. if you looking for as little commentary from pundits though PBS. if you want to watch the cheerleaders POV then MSNBC

Probably Fox, they will be the most critical. if you looking for as little commentary from pundits though PBS. if you want to watch the cheerleaders POV then MSNBC

Want their critiques be swayed by their Republican bias? What about CNN's coverage?

Want their critiques be swayed by their Republican bias? What about CNN's coverage?

CNN is probably more moderate with liberal leanings, you probably will get a bit of cheerleading with the occassional critical comments

I usually trust Tumblr, The Daily Show, The Colbert Report, NPR and BBC the most with my news. As for the speakers, they're also having workers laid off from Bain Capital and I know Charlie Crist is showing up, not sure if he'll talk or not...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"