The 2012 South Carolina Primary

Paul has 10 delegates....certainly more than Santorum.

gingrich lead in sc AND Fla fairly big until January...Romney lead mightbe in numbers but i dont think its solid; the voters are maluable.

romney does HAVE to win though.

Gingrich does too. Like I said before, whoever wins Florida will be the nominee, whether it is Gingrich or Romney.

ew gingrich is so sweaty gross

Florida will be interesting because the state itself has three zones. South Florida is fairly Liberal, Central Florida is fairly moderate, and the rest, including Jacksonville and the pan-handle, is more conservative. Romney should do well; but, he can not lose the state. It is understood and is a given, that Gingrich and Santorum is going to split the conservative vote....Santorum will get enough to hurt Gingrich. Unless Gingrich can reproduce in Florida, as he did in South Carolina, as far as obtaining the majority of the Independent vote and going neck-to-neck with Romney for Moderates, he is going to lose this state....which would be totally expected.

And then there's my man Paul, who I believe will get about 14%. He really needs to get around 20% to stop the bleeding, and wish some way he can win, if not finish a strong second or third. Paul is slipping a little, so the key for Romney is how many of those voters who are on the fence with Paul will he and/or Gingrich will get, and how much does Santorum hurts Newt. Romney should will by at least 6% or more imho.

One potential problem for Gingrich in Florida is that, unlike South Carolina, Florida is extremely expensive to advertise in and Romney has a big money advantage over Gingrich.

Exactly ^ another good point why Romney should win.

Why do some of you guys think the winner of Florida will win the nomination?

Why do some of you guys think the winner of Florida will win the nomination?

It is the biggest swing state in the country for one and the timing of this primary is huge for second.

If Gingrich wins, he's now won a mostly moderate state, the type of state that was supposed to go to Romney. It will greatly damage Romney's argument that he is more electable.

In Romney's case, the states on the calendar for February are Maine, Nevada, Colorado, Minnesota, Michigan & Arizona. Romney should be the favorite in all of those if he can win Florida. At that point the Mitt Train will be impossible to stop. Gingrich could go all the way to Super Tuesday before getting some states he could win, and even on Super Tuesday Ohio, Massachussetts & Vermont should favor Romney and we already know Romney has Virginia in the bag since Gingrich isn't even on the ballot.

Wow, I didn't know most of the people of South Carolina are so dumb.

Wow, I didn't know most of the people of South Carolina are so dumb.

Well, it makes it interesting now. This makes the GOP weak as well. Which can be good for Paul in the long run.

Heck, could be good for Gary Johnson, who looks to be the Libertarian Party Nomination. Some polls(I read in articles) have him at 7% or 10% nationally. Hopefully I get off my butt and change my Democratic vote to Libertarian or Indepenent.

Or as someone put it during the Civil War about South Carolina's independence "It's too small to be a republic and too large to be an insane asylum".

South Carolinas Attorney General has detected fraud in the primary. At least 953 of the ballots were made by dead people!

I know I'm a little late to the party but I'm glad to see Gingrich win South Carolina. (Only because it will knock Romney's ego down a peg or two.)

South Carolinas Attorney General has detected fraud in the primary. At least 953 of the ballots were made by dead people!

Sounds a little to convenient that SC is pushing for strict ID voter laws and this comes out.

OK,

Since Newt won SC and is now seeming to surge as the anti-Romney candidate--though I still think Romney's going to win--and is carrying a whole lot of support among Republicans and even evangelicals, can Republicans and conservatives just DROP their "holier-than-thou" pious, self-rightous "moral" pat on the back of being all "family values" and better than the Dems?

They impeached Bill Clinton for having an intern pleasure him in the Oval Office. Yet, the ones who most fanatically wanted Clinton removed from office, are now feverishly trying to elect the man who impeached him while he was having a years-long affair with an aide and asking his sick second wife to go swinging because "You want me all to yourself." Never mind, the first wife he divorced while she was sick in a hospital bed with cancer.

If they're going to try and elect him, as they did in SC, they can never again claim moral superiority over ANYBODY. Gays, Democrats, the "Ground Zero mosque." NOBODY after this.

A friend of mine actually sent this to me yesterday. It made me laugh...

newtp.jpg

OK,

Since Newt won SC and is now seeming to surge as the anti-Romney candidate--though I still think Romney's going to win--and is carrying a whole lot of support among Republicans and even evangelicals, can Republicans and conservatives just DROP their "holier-than-thou" pious, self-rightous "moral" pat on the back of being all "family values" and better than the Dems?

They impeached Bill Clinton for having an intern pleasure him in the Oval Office. Yet, the ones who most fanatically wanted Clinton removed from office, are now feverishly trying to elect the man who impeached him while he was having a years-long affair with an aide and asking his sick second wife to go swinging because "You want me all to yourself." Never mind, the first wife he divorced while she was sick in a hospital bed with cancer.

If they're going to try and elect him, as they did in SC, they can never again claim moral superiority over ANYBODY. Gays, Democrats, the "Ground Zero mosque." NOBODY after this.

Yeah, I feel the same way. If Gingrich really becomes GOP's presidential candidate, I hope the Dems would attack his infidelities similar to when Clinton was attacked for his problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"