• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The 24:SEASON 6 trailer/discussion thread

i cant believe spoiler 1 is true, piece of crap!!!!!!!!!!!1

What a disappointing ending to a disappointing season. I was mixed on the suprise ending...on one hand...it would've been fun to have a big shocker but I also didn't want anyone to come back to life. That would've just been sloppy..but did we really need such a crappy ending? In a season of recycled plots, did they really need to recycle the ending into a mix of Seasons 3 and 4?

Even the preview for next year sucked. Such a disappointment.

So much for the suprise ending! :cmad:

Good performance by Keifer in that last scene but it wasn't exactly what i expected. Choice #1. Whomever called it, congrats..but i'm disappointed!

I liked Cheng ending up in custody but the rest sucked

That was the ONLY thing i liked about that ep.

I love his line: "My ppl won't abandon me like you did Jack Bauer".

I hope they torture Cheungs ass for years!

Very weird.
Everybody's happy,almost in the end,unlike Grey's Anatomy.

I didn't catch next season's preview. What was it?

Anyway. Blah ending to blah season. The nuke should have been saved for maybe midway, because nothing topped that. I stopped watching a while ago because it felt like a waste of my time, tuned in for the finale, lol, jeez. Nice ending, but it was like everything past episode 4 was the falling action on a plot graph.

Awesome last scene(s) at Heller's house, but I wish that there was something after. :(

There was a preview? Damn... I missed it... Anyway how can you guys say the ending was crappy? I'm so f'ing glad they didn't go with a cliff-hanger, I mean for once, we got a decent ending that left me with the way I want be left with at the end of a story, in ponderance about a character. Come on, finally for once in the 24 universe, we get Jack actually saying something about all he's lost, and then giving up the one he loves, and just staring out wondering "WHAT THE ****!" I don't know I thought the ending was great to such a lack-luster season.... In the end, I hope next season, they put Jack back in some type of command, and focus on crafting a good story with good twists and turns, because Jack's character development is pretty much up after that ending, where the hell you going go?

As for other characters... I'm sick of Chloe and Morris, yada yada... The whole neurotic ***** thing wore out after season 5... I say get rid of everyone and just keep Nadia, the VP, and Tom Lennox... They need to bring in new characters... And simply craft a good story... Yeah let me stress that again... GOOD STORY... None of this family affairs crap, none of this let's do more damage than last season, or let's REALLY SURPRISE the audience with this turn that came out of absolutely no where... Go back to being low-key, and trying to uncover a terrorist plot... :up: My two cents on the matter...

The silent clock came back...

It sets things nicely for the seventh season, everyone is happy or will be well and everyone was taken care of (Cheng, Papa Bauer). We have no idea where Jack will be. I loved the scene with Jack and Heller. It was about time Jack said something about his life.

And then when Jack was outside looking down I thought for a brief moment, could he? Would they? Jack Bauer falls to his death. The media would be all over it tomorrow. That would be a huge twist. Nope, Jack is off to sleep somewhere. It wraps everything up but is still a huge cliffhanger.

8 months until the next season starts, spoilers won't leak until August, the season seven trailer will probably be in October and this season will be on DVD in December and I won't be picking it up.

After the rumours of a shock ending that would turn everything upside down I was a bit disappointed. But it was an ending.

The second 24 trilogy is over, time to start from scratch again.

More thoughts:

Lets assume last year of 24 was as bad as this year. Hell, lets assume Season5 of 24 was as bad as a season of Smallville. The ending with Jack getting kidnapped still would've convinced me to watch this season. What is my incentive to watch next year? I really feel for the first time in the history of this show...that I have no reason to watch next season.

hmm...alright if i hadn't read the ending with the shock and stuff i wouldnt feel let down. It was a decent ending at best. I loved the silent clock

There was a preview? Damn... I missed it... Anyway how can you guys say the ending was crappy? I'm so f'ing glad they didn't go with a cliff-hanger, I mean for once, we got a decent ending that left me with the way I want be left with at the end of a story, in ponderance about a character. Come on, finally for once in the 24 universe, we get Jack actually saying something about all he's lost, and then giving up the one he loves, and just staring out wondering "WHAT THE ****!" I don't know I thought the ending was great to such a lack-luster season.... In the end, I hope next season, they put Jack back in some type of command, and focus on crafting a good story with good twists and turns, because Jack's character development is pretty much up after that ending, where the hell you going go?

I just don't feel they cut it. They did this before. It was called Season 3. Then they did it again with a slight twist. It was called Season 4. After such a lackluster season the audience deserved better than what we got. We deserved a mouth dropping moment from the most shocking show on television because we have not gotten one since the nuke went off. The writers screwed the audience.

As for other characters... I'm sick of Chloe and Morris, yada yada... The whole neurotic ***** thing wore out after season 5... I say get rid of everyone and just keep Nadia, the VP, and Tom Lennox... They need to bring in new characters... And simply craft a good story... Yeah let me stress that again... GOOD STORY... None of this family affairs crap, none of this let's do more damage than last season, or let's REALLY SURPRISE the audience with this turn that came out of absolutely no where... Go back to being low-key, and trying to uncover a terrorist plot... :up: My two cents on the matter...

I agree. They really need to do something on a small scale. Something similiar to the Palmer assassination plot. Also, they really need to work to establish characters next year as opposed to just showing how bad ass Jack is.

More thoughts:

Lets assume last year of 24 was as bad as this year. Hell, lets assume Season5 of 24 was as bad as a season of Smallville. The ending with Jack getting kidnapped still would've convinced me to watch this season. What is my incentive to watch next year? I really feel for the first time in the history of this show...that I have no reason to watch next season.

Good point.

Season 1: What will happen to Jack after his wife died?
Season 2: Will President Palmer live? wtf?
Season 3: Will Jack stop crying? Did Chase survive?
Season 4: Holy s*** he faked his death!
Season 5: CAPTURED!
Season 6: uh...

Good point.

Season 1: What will happen to Jack after his wife died?
Season 2: Will President Palmer live? wtf?
Season 3: Will Jack stop crying? Did Chase survive?
Season 4: Holy s*** he faked his death!
Season 5: CAPTURED!
Season 6: uh...

Well actually it was established that Chase was going to be o.k before the last ep of season 3 ended...sp we basically got the same old sad Jack ending.

I say bring back Kim next season, loose Chloe and Morris..

......i have a funny feeling we haven't seen the last of Cheung after what he said to Buchanan at CTU...plus Lennox did say that the Chinese's involvement in the days events would have to be addressed..............

And then when Jack was outside looking down I thought for a brief moment, could he? Would they? Jack Bauer falls to his death. The media would be all over it tomorrow. That would be a huge twist. Nope, Jack is off to sleep somewhere. It wraps everything up but is still a huge cliffhanger.

I actually thought the same thing when I seen the camera look over the edge. I don't really see the ending as a huge cliffhanger. I know that he was at a crossroad, but it's like Matt said, I don't really have any motivation to watch next year.

More thoughts:

Watch the trailer and read the reviews and because you still like Jack Bauer.

I was happy with the ending, there was a lot of baggage coming into this season, but most of that is gone now. The writers can come up with something new, we don't have to bring Jack back. It could kinda be like the opening for Season 3, Jack officially working at CTU for a change. Out of six seasons Jack has only been an official CTU agent for two of them.

Still it was the perfect moment to kill Jack.

1) Heller could've killed Jack. Nobody is looking for Jack, it ensures Audrey and others remain safe and puts Jack out of his misery. That could've been the biggest WTF and emotional moment in the show's history. Jack would slowly die and we would hear the waves over a silent clock.

2) Jack shoots himself and falls down we hear the waves and a splash over a silent clock.

3) Jack jumps and we hear a splash over a silent clock.

I actually would've loved to see the season end with Jack jumping. Obviously, he would've lived....but it would fit so much better in the context of the season. Remember what he said in the first episode? This was a day that he got to die his way. It would've been a better fit.

You know, since it is never too soon to stop speculating...here is a thought on Jack's future:

BXJ is Jack's family's company. Jack must've inheirited some shares upon the death of Philip. Also, someone will have to be put in charge of Josh's shares for the time being. Sure, it could be Marilyn...but perhaps Jack will finally step up and take over the family business. Anyone else think there is a chance next season will begin with Jack incharge of BXJ? I think he has reached the point where he wants to build a REAL life. So he can be worthy of Audrey so to speak. It is an obvious first step for him.

That's not too bad. Of course his father probably had a lot of shaddy characters that would have no problem trying to kill Jack. Plus he has no clue how to handle a business.

Really the US government should give him a retreat like Logan and have Cheng chained down in a shed and everyday after breakfast Jack goes in and tortures him.

24 poll I made
http://www.superherohype.com/forums/showthread.php?t=273524

Still it was the perfect moment to kill Jack.

1) Heller could've killed Jack. Nobody is looking for Jack, it ensures Audrey and others remain safe and puts Jack out of his misery. That could've been the biggest WTF and emotional moment in the show's history. Jack would slowly die and we would hear the waves over a silent clock.

2) Jack shoots himself and falls down we hear the waves and a splash over a silent clock.

3) Jack jumps and we hear a splash over a silent clock.

1) I half expected Heller to whack Jack, but doing it in front of Audrey would'nt have made sense being that she's traumatised enough.

2) Reminisent of Hartigan from Sin City, would've been very effective.

3) From his vantage point it looked like he would either hit rocks or the shoreline had he jumped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"