The 25 Days of Christmas - 2023 Edition

DarthSkywalker

Your Most Aggro Pal (he/him)
Reaction score
Yeah, I know you're down. How couldn't you be?
01d327d4fc46c2f326ace7bb3ca54214b9b31de4.gifv

@Snow Queen :
e0f6300bce8161f32de6a045b2a4bbe5ab1bf045.gifv

Actually next year is leap year, so shut it!

c5bd7243b01caca4d321febbb67a59e36651104c.gifv

Now where was I. Oh yes, don't fear, Christmas is here!
a7e40d7af3cd8cce4af1f7e643ebd7635c702fe7.gifv

There's music,
629b03c655de4ca00b0ebb849a70170001b9fa41.gifv

action,

25cc9a316bc7744d713703d7827a934ddfa9cb43.gifv

and romance!
1c1a85e9b1ee589f8ed97a0049b9bfcae2081b55.gifv

Oh yeah, and Batman. (There is always a Batman)
59d59539ebacc755fbf494c760148712e820ee6c.gifv

So let's all swing into Christmas together!

ptvpYXU.gif

"25 Days of Christmas" a whole 30 days before that can even start. Can call Darth a lot of things, but unprepared is not one of them :o

I would be lying if I said I hadn't watched a Hallmark movie the other day

Each December my friends and I do a month long marathon of al many movies as possible from our ever growing collections. As many unwatched films from the pile. We also do 13 Days of Creepmas, to get into the horrorday spirit (I'm sorry, I'll see myself out).

This year I actually have a couple of Christmas movies I can watch on Eve and Day as well as get off my pile, so it should be a damn good month.

If I survive November's marathon.

Any new entries in 2023?
I’ll check out that new Netflix movie with Heather Graham and Jason Biggs.

New on my list from 2022
Spirited
Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special
Daddys Home 2 ( watched it last year for the first time)

I watched Reporting for Christmas this morning on Hulu and really liked it. It's probably the best Christmas movie I've watched this year. It looked like it had a larger budget than some of these movies as there was multiple sets and locations used rather than the same few sets. The ending was a little by the numbers I guess you could say. I was actually kinda surprised by how much I liked it.

But there was one thing that I didn't like and don't understand why they did it. I first watched the trailer just to get a feel for the movie. But I ended up being shocked because I watched the trailer and was like they just spoiled the ending. But it's worse, the trailer is basically a 2 minute version of the movie. I get it you know what you're getting with these movies but you don't need to spoil the movie like this.

Each December my friends and I do a month long marathon of al many movies as possible from our ever growing collections. As many unwatched films from the pile. We also do 13 Days of Creepmas, to get into the horrorday spirit (I'm sorry, I'll see myself out).

This year I actually have a couple of Christmas movies I can watch on Eve and Day as well as get off my pile, so it should be a damn good month.

If I survive November's marathon.

I've decided to steal your idea @NDX and do a horror theme for my holiday viewing choices this year :hehe:

Perhaps it's because I'm still not quite over Spooky Season yet but there are so many classic Christmas-themed horror movies to choose from. I've seen a smattering of them but this year I'll do a deeper dive and try to get caught up...

These are the ones on my radar:

Gremlins
Black Christmas (both 1974 and 2006 versions)
P2
Jack Frost
Eyes Wide Shut
Batman Returns
Muppets Christmas Carol
Gingerdead Man
Krampus
Christmas Horror Story
Better Watch Out
Violent Night
Christmas Bloody Christmas

Obviously not all of these are strictly horror and obviously I won't get around to all of them. But lots of them are available on Shudder so I'll try to get as many under my belt this year as possible :up:

I absolutely love Christmas horror, I will have to add some spooky fun to my marathon as well. I always watch Krampus on the 5th, on my birthday. I've done it since 2015, it just fits perfectly because the 5th is also Krampus day. My friends haven't grown sick of the movie yet :funny: Better Watch Out is really good too, as is Black Christmas (1974).

Is anyone going for the full A Christmas Prince marathon? I might do it, haven't rewatched any of those since the last one aired.

So what about that Christmas movie with The Rock (where he took that record breaking paycheck) and Chris Evans on Prime? Wikipedia says that it‘l be released 2023 - but no trailer yet.
I doubt that they’ll release it after Christmas. And then they have to wait a full year

The Holdovers

paul-hunham-and-angus-tully-looking-at-each-other-the-holdovers.gif

Is it too early to start posting in this thread? Yeah, probably, but I was blown away by this film. Instant Christmas classic, really won me over by the end.

You guys should check it out while it's still in theaters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"