The 25 Days of Christmas - 2022 Edition

DarthSkywalker

Your Most Aggro Pal (he/him)
Reaction score
Hey you, sitting there stuffing your face,
UzzqNDV.gif

End of Halloween got you down?
strkMIF.gif

Let me offer you some comfort with Christmas!

zKckEWk.gif

It has the most terrifying beasts,
wRZxcS6.gif

homicidal maniacs,
b323F6O.gif

tales of bloody revenge,
NDDyiwl.gif

the most disgusting costumes,
QOmY6q6.gif

and of course Batman (there's always a Batman).
uduZ4kl.gif

So what do you say, let's give Christmas a try!
ptvpYXU.gif

Star 102.5 in Buffalo has already switched over to their Christmas format.

I've been listening since yesterday. Makes the passing of Halloween easier to take :yay:

Looks like fun here. :D Is this only for strictly Xmas films with things like Santa and elves or also for films that are often shown during Xmas like Indiana Jones, Ghostbusters, The Goonies, Star Wars?

I've been listening since yesterday. Makes the passing of Halloween easier to take :yay:

Same here. Hell all the stores switched over on Halloween here. Bro went to go get candy and he mentioned all the Christmas stuff was out. :funny:

We started our festivies today with one of my favorite recent Christmas flicks. Nov 2, I basically just start watching random stuff.

Looks like fun here. :D Is this only for strictly Xmas films with things like Santa and elves or also for films that are often shown during Xmas like Indiana Jones, Ghostbusters, The Goonies, Star Wars?
However you celebrate, is how you celebrate. And this place isn't just for Christmas. Every holiday is welcomed. :up:

Same here. Hell all the stores switched over on Halloween here. Bro went to go get candy and he mentioned all the Christmas stuff was out. :funny:

We started our festivies today with one of my favorite recent Christmas flicks. Nov 2, I basically just start watching random stuff.

As soon as Halloween is over I automatically switch into Christmas mode :D

Here in Canada we have a chain of dollar stores called Dollarama, which I guess would be our version of Dollar General in the US. Anyway, their Christmas stuff has been out since mid October...

It doesn't bother me at all. I love the stretch from September to January. Best time of the year.

I'd hibernate for the first eight months of the year if I could get away with it...

A friend of mine celebrates Christmas Day each year with a marathon viewing of the Lord of the Rings trilogy! And someone I know from Reddit celebrates with as many Star Wars movies as he can fit in...

The way I see it, what constitutes a 'Christmas Movie' is whatever the film means to you personally, and how you associate it with the Holiday Season...

I have a couple more 'secular' films to get out of the way and then it's nothing but Christmas stuff until January :DV:

A friend of mine celebrates Christmas Day each year with a marathon viewing of the Lord of the Rings trilogy! And someone I know from Reddit celebrates with as many Star Wars movies as he can fit in...

The way I see it, what constitutes a 'Christmas Movie' is whatever the film means to you personally, and how you associate it with the Holiday Season...

I have a couple more 'secular' films to get out of the way and then it's nothing but Christmas stuff until January :DV:
Sounds like a very cool friend! :D

I pretty much do it at random times of years anyway but now with my nieces soon to get to the age of doing this stuff over the next few years I think it's going to become more of an official tradition. Xmas full LotR Extended plus all Star Wars films in release order and Indiana Jones will have to be obligatory for them to start off with. Need to make sure they get a proper start in life. :cwink:

As for the typical fluffy Xmas-themed films, I definitely have fun with them and they would be even easier to start with nieces maybe even right now. I just can't really name many of them without looking them up.

I had no idea about this instant Halloween to Xmas switchover lol. I wasn't that into Halloween when I was younger but it seems much better now with much more impressive costumes and effort put in.

I had no idea about this instant Halloween to Xmas switchover lol. I wasn't that into Halloween when I was younger but it seems much better now with much more impressive costumes and effort put in.
I don't feel like it use to be this way. I feel like early Nov was kind of a a break between Halloween and Thanksgiving down here. Batgirl being from Canada though, their Thanksgiving is before Halloween, so I guess that makes more sense. I'm personally rather big fan of Thanksgiving, but now it feels like a rest stop day.

I don't feel like it use to be this way. I feel like early Nov was kind of a a break between Halloween and Thanksgiving down here. Batgirl being from Canada though, their Thanksgiving is before Halloween, so I guess that makes more sense. I'm personally rather big fan of Thanksgiving, but now it feels like a rest stop day.

Holiday Creep is definitely a 'thing', no doubt about it.

As Darth pointed out, Canadian Thanksgiving falls each year on the second Monday of October. When I was a kid, our Thanksgiving was also the 'unofficial' start of the Halloween Season. You would rarely see any kind of Halloween programming on Canadian TV prior to Thanksgiving weekend.

As for Christmas, correct me if I'm wrong but the American Thanksgiving used to be the 'official' start of the Holiday Season in North America. Here in Canada we would follow along with that as we typical do for most big American celebrations. That's when you'd start to see shows like Frosty and Rudolph on Canadian television. And you'd rarely hear Christmas music on the radio in this country until well after American Thanksgiving.

Flash forward to today and we have the W Network here that's been broadcasting nonstop Hallmark Christmas movies since the middle of October!

Again, it doesn't bother me. I would live in a perpetual Thanksgiving/Halloween/Christmas bubble if it were possible...

As an added bonus, my birthday is also in November so that only sweetens the September to January stretch for me :yay:

I forgot Thanksgiving too! We obviously don’t have that here but I’d quite like it lol. We’ve adopted Black Friday in recent years so you never know. I get the day off work for Thanksgiving at least as my job follows the US calendar.

We’ve had insanely early starts to Xmas marketing (like many months before) for a long time but I never noticed so much with Halloween. Halloween feels like a much bigger event now than when I was younger, and this year at least it feels like the hardcore Xmas switch turned on on exactly November 1st.

I hadn’t thought of mentally linking all these events together before but I will now, seems like a fun way to end every year. Also thing like advent calendars and nieces help keep that momentum up. :D

Holiday Creep is definitely a 'thing', no doubt about it.

As Darth pointed out, Canadian Thanksgiving falls each year on the second Monday of October. When I was a kid, our Thanksgiving was also the 'unofficial' start of the Halloween Season. You would rarely see any kind of Halloween programming on Canadian TV prior to Thanksgiving weekend.

As for Christmas, correct me if I'm wrong but the American Thanksgiving used to be the 'official' start of the Holiday Season in North America. Here in Canada we would follow along with that as we typical do for most big American celebrations. That's when you'd start to see shows like Frosty and Rudolph on Canadian television. And you'd rarely hear Christmas music on the radio in this country until well after American Thanksgiving.

Flash forward to today and we have the W Network here that's been broadcasting nonstop Hallmark Christmas movies since the middle of October!

Again, it doesn't bother me. I would live in a perpetual Thanksgiving/Halloween/Christmas bubble if it were possible...

As an added bonus, my birthday is also in November so that only sweetens the September to January stretch for me :yay:
Sounds like this period is proper hardcore in Canada then. Early Thanksgiving leading into Halloween, and still get on board with the US Thanksgiving all the way to Xmas and New Year. :cool::D

Been a while since I saw Gremlins. Used to be an annual thing when TV was limited to a few channels so everyone's Xmas lineup was similar. Gizmo is calling me :D:

Got the 4K for Gremlins last year. A staple in our house. :D

Been a while since I saw Gremlins. Used to be an annual thing when TV was limited to a few channels so everyone's Xmas lineup was similar. Gizmo is calling me :D:
Even though it's not a Christmas movie like the first one, I also can never not throw on the sequel afterwards. Its chaoticness has aged like fine wine.

Even though it's not a Christmas movie like the first one, I also can never not throw on the sequel afterwards. Its chaoticness has aged like fine wine.
Same for me with most franchises. I usually watch through rather than skip the "bad" ones, ruining the theme and quality be damned. :D They're all part of the history.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"