The 360 Thread! Post your 360 purchases/new questions here!

HUMAN

Sidekick
Reaction score
Well, lets start off with telling you a story:

I was in my nursing school when I got a call from my girlfriend. "I have to work late tonight, maybe till after midnight." She works at the local Wal-Mart Supercenter and something seemed fishy. I knew she wouldn't volunteer. Then at about one o'clock this morning she comes into my room and says, "I think you need to wake up!" I sat up and there was my Xbox 360! I started playing at about 2 a.m. and I'm having a blast!

Call of Duty 2 is so unbelievably awesome that I'm sacrificing sleep over it on an extreme level. I just hope I can stay awake in school tomorrow. I gotta be in classes from 8:25 a.m. till 9:30 p.m.

If you haven't gotten an Xbox 360, then I highly recommend that you do.

Dammit. Thanks for making it easier on me. :mad:

And you have CoD2, but not PDZ? Does the agony ever stop? :(

Your girlfriend is awesome though. She's a keeper.

Well, I like GOOD World War 2 games a lot. Me and my brother hit up Battlefield 1942 nearly everytime I go over to his house. But don't worry, I'll give PDZ a try. I know this isn't a 360 question but I'll ask it anyways; is Perfect Dark worth getting for the N64 still?

And about the comment towards my girlfriend... thanks! :D Someone at her work said that if we should ever have problems that they would be happy to be a rebound. lol :)

As long as you're holding to the original Perfect Dark to reasonable standards, yes, it's still worth it. You can probably get a 64 and PD for about $20 together, which is smarter than spending that money on the WotW DVD or pretty much anything else. Best $20 you'll spend, probably.

I still got my N64. I try not to sell my systems unless the next-gen is backwards capable. So, I'll only have to spend $5 in the end because the local GameXchange doesn't charge all that much. Is it similar to Goldeneye?

Also, about CoD2, I just played through the first three levels and some of the buildups to certain events are just epic. You and your squad are suppose to get to the other side of town to where the germans have fortified themselves in a huge building, but there's quite a bit of open field between you and that base. The germans toss out smoke grenades (which the smoke looks fantastic), the music builds as your comrades are yelling "Here they come!" Then suddenly through the gray smoke come a league of Nazi scum! It's so great. Rather difficult though, even on easy.

HUMAN said:

I was in my nursing school when I got a call from my girlfriend. "I have to work late tonight, maybe till after midnight." She works at the local Wal-Mart Supercenter and something seemed fishy. I knew she wouldn't volunteer. Then at about one o'clock this morning she comes into my room and says, "I think you need to wake up!" I sat up and there was my Xbox 360! I started playing at about 2 a.m. and I'm having a blast!

Call of Duty 2 is so unbelievably awesome that I'm sacrificing sleep over it on an extreme level. I just hope I can stay awake in school tomorrow. I gotta be in classes from 8:25 a.m. till 9:30 p.m.

Im in nursing school and I want a gf like that:D

HUMAN said:
I still got my N64. I try not to sell my systems unless the next-gen is backwards capable. So, I'll only have to spend $5 in the end because the local GameXchange doesn't charge all that much. Is it similar to Goldeneye?

Also, about CoD2, I just played through the first three levels and some of the buildups to certain events are just epic. You and your squad are suppose to get to the other side of town to where the germans have fortified themselves in a huge building, but there's quite a bit of open field between you and that base. The germans toss out smoke grenades (which the smoke looks fantastic), the music builds as your comrades are yelling "Here they come!" Then suddenly through the gray smoke come a league of Nazi scum! It's so great. Rather difficult though, even on easy.
PD is similar to Goldeneye in the same way most FPSs are similar. It's got the same controls, and the same style, but the gameplay is actually used much differently for Perfect Dark than it was for Goldeneye.

As for CoD2, I DLed the demo, and yes, it's awesome. I admit I really like the game, but even though I haven't played a WW2 shooter besides Wolfenstein all the way through, I just feel like I've played WW2 a hundred times. I'm frankly sick of the WW2 backdrop, and I have been for a while. I know it's awesome, but considering there's probably nothing new there, I'm not going to get it until it's a value-priced PC-pack game or something. :(

It deserves my money, but I saw Saving Private Ryan already. :(

It was meant to be a Christmas present but she let me have it early.

WhatsHisFace said:
PD is similar to Goldeneye in the same way most FPSs are similar. It's got the same controls, and the same style, but the gameplay is actually used much differently for Perfect Dark than it was for Goldeneye.

As for CoD2, I DLed the demo, and yes, it's awesome. I admit I really like the game, but even though I haven't played a WW2 shooter besides Wolfenstein all the way through, I just feel like I've played WW2 a hundred times. I'm frankly sick of the WW2 backdrop, and I have been for a while. I know it's awesome, but considering there's probably nothing new there, I'm not going to get it until it's a value-priced PC-pack game or something. :(

Cool. I'll give it a shot! ;)

See, I don't want that feeling so I try to hold out for the great WW2 games. The only ones that I get are those that score an average between 8-10. There's been too many mediocre WW2 games and I think they've just saturated the market too much. But, you won't regret getting CoD2 for either PC or 360.

I love Saving Private Ryan! :D After I played COD2 for a little bit I felt like laying in my bed and watch it for a little bit, but I decided to come on here and see if anybody had any lingering questions about the 360. Also to brag a little bit too.

WhatsHisFace said:

Cool. I'll give it a shot! ;)

See, I don't want that feeling so I try to hold out for the great WW2 games. The only ones that I get are those that score an average between 8-10. There's been too many mediocre WW2 games and I think they've just saturated the market too much. But, you won't regret getting CoD2 for either PC or 360.

I love Saving Private Ryan! :D After I played COD2 for a little bit I felt like laying in my bed and watch it for a little bit, but I decided to come on here and see if anybody had any lingering questions about the 360. Also to brag a little bit too.

I never get gaming gifts in bed from my girlfriend... just the naughty ones :o :down

Damn I hate all you guys getting your X360s right now. I would go to the expense of importing one but its just not worth paying $200 over sticker price to play it a few months before the Australian release.

COD2 is far to easy :( ive completed it all ready

Hey Human, did you play any of the games pre-loaded onto the Xbox360's harddrive, like Hexic or whatever?

You know what would be really cool? if they brought Battlefield 2 to the XBOX360.

Human's story reminds me of that coca-cola filmmakers award commercial that plays in theatres. The one with the dude camping out to get tickets to Captain Lightning and the box office girl saves him a ticket.

WHF I hope Rare pays you for all this ass kissing, I was extremely disappointed when I got nothing from Konami, bastardsd.

What do you mean "got nothing from Konami"? You've had MGS3 for a year and there's already a preview of the next one.

God damn... I've been looking all over on the internet to buy a 360 and all the people are offering are $600.00 bundles :mad:

HUMAN said:

She was totally cheating on you. Wal*Mart SuperCenter Gang Bang.

I was there. Your girlfriend is a demon in the sack.

We all put in 5 bucks towards your 360, she left with about 200 extra in cash.

^ We really need to screen these new people.

HUMAN said:

Marry that woman.

WhatsHisFace said:
Hey Human, did you play any of the games pre-loaded onto the Xbox360's harddrive, like Hexic or whatever?

There aren't any demos pre-loaded. When I tried to play them or the trailers it said I had to connect to Xbox Live to download them (demos and trailers). Sadly I don't have broadband where I live. But I did get to play some of the demos on the display 360 at Wal-Mart. CoD 2 and King Kong caught my attention the most.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"