The 360 Thread! Post your 360 purchases/new questions here!

Philly Phanboy said:
Wow, that's unfortunate. I wonder if there will be some kind of a massive recall after the holidays.

Eh, who knows. I feel bad for those people that were supposed to be guaranteed to get one, and there units are the ones screwing up.

There are only two games I'm lookin forward to: Halo 3 and Need For Speed Most Wanted. I can definately wait till summer to get mine. It'll cut down on the stress too. :up:

I got to try the 360 for like an hour (playing CoD2 and Kameo) and I'm at a los as to why the controller is getting so much praise, perhaps THWIP can yell at me.

I still think the controller is the greatest FPS controller there is. I've had both PS2 and Gamecube FPS's and those just feel awkward. With the shoulder buttons, the 360 controller is all that much better.

(If you couldn't tell, I'm a big FPS fan.)

HUMAN said:
I still think the controller is the greatest FPS controller there is. I've had both PS2 and Gamecube FPS's and those just feel awkward. With the shoulder buttons, the 360 controller is all that much better.

(If you couldn't tell, I'm a big FPS fan.)

Why would you compare last Gen's controllers to this Gen? You didnt even include the xbox's controller. It's like saying my HDTV 50" is so much better for watching movies than the Tv I got in 1998 :o

Anyone hear about discs melting in the 360? Too lazy to look it up myself.

A lot of them have heating and crashing problems apparently. The general read is that the situation is worse then with the original Xbox, but then again all of the first generation consoles suffer these problems... except Nintendo (excluding the NES era).

Controller wise, can someone explain to me what's so great about it? The D-Pad is akward, the buttons are no longer analogue or have pressure feedback, the sticks lack ruber coating and have a drastically reduced force feedback system. It's like an econo version of the original Xbox controller in every aspect.

That being said, it's not a bad controller, it's just not a huge step up or even really a step up imo. It's smaller and has a slightly nicer shape (while feelling less natural when you hold it).

InsaneMembrane said:
Why would you compare last Gen's controllers to this Gen? You didnt even include the xbox's controller. It's like saying my HDTV 50" is so much better for watching movies than the Tv I got in 1998 :o

Well, I did and I didn't. I sort of implied it. But both the Xbox's controller and the 360's controller are perfect for FPS's in my opinion. With the shoulder buttons instead of the black and white buttons make the 360 controller all that much better. I don't think the boomerrang design of the PS3's controller will help Sony's situation even better.

Zenien said:
A lot of them have heating and crashing problems apparently. The general read is that the situation is worse then with the original Xbox, but then again all of the first generation consoles suffer these problems... except Nintendo (excluding the NES era).

Controller wise, can someone explain to me what's so great about it? The D-Pad is akward, the buttons are no longer analogue or have pressure feedback, the sticks lack ruber coating and have a drastically reduced force feedback system. It's like an econo version of the original Xbox controller in every aspect.

That being said, it's not a bad controller, it's just not a huge step up or even really a step up imo. It's smaller and has a slightly nicer shape (while feelling less natural when you hold it).

For my money best controller to date is the PS2 Dual Shock controllers. Best layout of buttons, perfect size to grip. MS did a good job emulating that controller with their 2nd generation xbox controllers except the black and white buttons would have been better as another pair of shoulder buttons like the dual shock.

It seems that (most) crashes due to heat problems are from the power unit and not the console.

Mentok said:
It seems that (most) crashes due to heat problems are from the power unit and not the console.

Well, considering the power supply is about the size of, oh, I don't know, say a Louisville Slugger, I'm not surprised.

wow... now the 360's are crashing and melting disks? nice!

i stand by my statement that they rushed it just to be the first next-gen console out.

Mr. Credible said:

i stand by my statement that they rushed it just to be the first next-gen console out.

I asked if the discs melted, but now I see it's merely overheating issues, but not to the point where discs actually melt.

Regardless of the size of the power plug, the system actually stays quite cool on extended play.

So basically you have to do all this extra stuff to keep it from burning itself out.

Red Ranger said:
I read you can just prop it on something to keep it cool.

yeah... but the thing is, you shouldn't have to. if it were Nintendo or Sony's systems crapping out, everyone on here would be throwing a damn fit, but since it's Microsoft, everyone just kind of turns there head the other way and says this always happens...

...what's with that?

ps: i've gotten every single system at launch since the sega genesis, and not a single one has broken on me (at least not right away) so, why is it okay now?

Mr. Credible said:

Well, first runs always have issues. Hate to say I'm not surprised, but I'm really not.

terry78 said:
So basically you have to do all this extra stuff to keep it from burning itself out.
This is only the second post I've read of yours, and you already come off like an "I hate MS super corporate giant" fanboy.

How's this? My Xbox didn't give me a single problem for the 3.5 years I've owned it. My PS2 broke twice with some weird disk reading problem and crashing. The third time I threw it in the trash. N64 was my favorite over PS, but then I played gamecube at launch and decided that the controls were terrible.

Now comes X360. It over heats. Oh NOES!!! I HAVE TO PUT IT UP ON IT'S SIDE AND AVOID RESTRICTING AIRFLOW!!! It's got a problem. An avoidable problem that is expected with all gaming systems (unless your a fanboy who ignores his favorite systems problems) during the first stage of the launch. Get over your dumb ash "I hate American Corporations" attitude and try to focus on the gaming aspect of the system rather than the standard first shipment problems that are unavoidable on most systems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"