The '90's setting

So, for those who know the character well (I certainly don't), does she not age?
According to the latest rumours... nope, she doesn't, thanks to her hybrid DNA.

As for comic Carol... well, AFAIK it's never been stated anywhere that she doesn't age. I think she does, we just never see it happen because, you know, comic books.

I vote for dial-up sounds. Nothing says The 90's like dial-up sounds, lol.

When it comes to Home Release, they should release this movie not on digital download but you have to use dial up to download it. Downloading should be finished by the time the sequel comes out.

I find it ironic that it used to be considered cliche and tired having a soundtrack with retro pop and rock songs in it.

Yeah but look at how well the '80s stuff worked for Thor ragnarok. That stuff is considered vintage now.

You know, I was thinking about the '90s and it occurred to me that if they keep Carol's jet piloting origin she may have been one of the last people to fly the concorde

The first scene after the prolgogue should start with "Smells like teen spirit". Maybe when Carol gets up and out the house

But 90's songs don't need to be nessecarily in 90's settings. Look how Blitzkrieg Bob was used in Homecoming.

Question about the 90s setting...

I assume Carol will show up in other, present-day Marvel movies at some point. So, for those who know the character well (I certainly don't), does she not age? Or should we expect to see Brie Larson in old makeup?
she has slow aging or immortality.

I think Beast said that she doesn't age at all.

The first scene after the prolgogue should start with "Smells like teen spirit". Maybe when Carol gets up and out the house

I would probably use something a little more girl punk like Veruca Salt or the Breeders over Nirvana or even the Pixies. Would make for a better statement and is a bit less cliche.

Seriously, how awesome would this be to the start of the movie?

Question about the 90s setting...

I assume Carol will show up in other, present-day Marvel movies at some point. So, for those who know the character well (I certainly don't), does she not age? Or should we expect to see Brie Larson in old makeup?

Im not really a fan of the "she doesn't age thing". I suppose if Carol and Monica end up getting stuck in some time portal thing and turning up now I like that a bit better.

But by far the better option is just to whack a bit of lippy on them and make them look older. It wasn't that long ago after all!

They could also be stuck in some blackhole. Like in Interstellar when 20min passed and on earth it was 20 years.
Would be kinda cool if the Captain Marvel movie ends exactly at that time, when the Infinity War movie ends and Avengers 4 starts.

They could also be stuck in some blackhole. Like in Interstellar when 20min passed and on earth it was 20 years.
Would be kinda cool if the Captain Marvel movie ends exactly at that time, when the Infinity War movie ends and Avengers 4 starts.

No, not a black hole, but a white one. Science!

[YT]S4aqGI1mSqo[/YT]

I do wonder how much "commentary" they will put, if any, into the difference in mindsets that the culture in general had back then as compared to now? Would they shy away from that? Is it something that adds to the story? If you grew in adolescence or adulthood in the post 9/11, post Web 2.0 era I don't think you can quite get how different the world really was. It's not just say, a lack of smart phones and tablets. Still, I ask again... Does the film even need that? Or... Without it, without some commentary on the differences will any "90's references" just come off like a VH1 "I Love The 90's" thing? Generational navel gazing for the sake of it?

I have a feeling the choice in time period is for a very specific purpose that's more to do with the story they're setting up for future films than anything else. But that doesn't mean the filmmakers can't have fun with it.

What were some popular movies of the '90s they could get aesthetic inspiration from?

It seems like every genre flick set in the '80s gets inspiration from the alien franchise

Oh! Getting inspo from the x-files would be great

^LOL that was my first thought, too. That movie IS the early-mid '90's to me.

Clueless - lol I forgot Paul Rudd was in it.

Yeah how crazy is that? And he hasn't aged at all

Carol gets "The Rachel"

And we have a winner :cwink:
set-photos-brie-larson-as-captain-marvel.jpg
Rachel_Green_Rachel_haircut.jpg

They need to have a scene of Edgar Wright still working on the first draft of Ant-Man in this movie. 20 years later, and it still wasn't finished. :o

The 90s really doesn't seem that long ago. Definitely not 20 years. :(

Sometimes I miss the pre-internet age.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"