The '90's setting

Yeah, a big brassy Bruce Broughton style theme for this would fit to a tee. Sort of like the Silvestri Cap one but without the 40s vibe.

Guess we don't know who's composing this yet? Hell, if James Horner was still alive he'd probably be perfect, see what else he could cook up with those adventurous aviation vibes from The Rocketeer, only again, modern.

Haha, funny you mention David James Elliott - hell, back in the 90s that guy might have even made for a pretty damn cool 616 Fury.

Haven't seen either him or Bell in anything in forever, too, don't know if they're even still acting. Randomly saw Heathers again the other week, had totally forgotten the Bud actor guy was one of the *****ey jocks who get murdered. :oldrazz:

I think Catherine Bell was in Army Wives and DJE appeared in a few guest roles in Scorpion or CSI New York. And Bud was actually the voice for Flash Thompson on Spider-Man the animated series.

The outfit is spot on.

lobad3hg1fo01.jpg

Total Uncle Jesse from early Full House.

"British rednecks", as Robin Williams would say before he went and pulled a Robin Williams.

Ha, oh you. Gee I miss robin though.

Hey if you want some 90s nostalgia you have to watch goosebumps on Netflix. It’s chock full and absolutely hilarious what people used to wear

I’m telling you I hope this movie is saved by a floppy disk because if I saw one of those bad boys again I would plotz

Yes! :woot: Go all The Net/Hackers with this MF'er.

It would be funny if all the skrulls turned up with fashion like this

Or even have a throwback to the golden age of marvel animation in the 90s with fashion like this

It would be funny if all the skrulls turned up with fashion like this

Or even have a throwback to the golden age of marvel animation in the 90s with fashion like this

ThunderCats & X-Men: The Animated Series for the young people.

We're getting old.

Yeah. Or I guess more accurately "cell phones existed, but were basically limited to rich businessmen, or at least it was limited to being stuck/connected in your car." :oldrazz:

Like, hell, even go watch The Matrix again, '99, it's pretty hilarious. High-tech cyberpunk, duuuuudes, with dial-up connections and phone booths still existing. :) Love it.

ThunderCats & X-Men: The Animated Series for the young people.

We're getting old.

Nonsense, it’s like what I always say. You’re only as young as the guy you are feeling

Given some of the set photos, the soundtrack being full of grunge and late 80's/early 90's Rock would also be cool as well.

Yeah. Or I guess more accurately "cell phones existed, but were basically limited to rich businessmen, or at least it was limited to being stuck/connected in your car." :oldrazz:

Like, hell, even go watch The Matrix again, '99, it's pretty hilarious. High-tech cyberpunk, duuuuudes, with dial-up connections and phone booths still existing. :) Love it.

True.

Another Keanu Reeves movie without a whole lot of cell phones: Speed.

I’m a huge fan of the aesthetic of 90s video games too. I would love for them to incorporate that kind of look in somehow

Yeah, totally. Hate all the uber-serious military first-person stuff around now.

More cheesy hell-beasts and heavy metal Doom/Quake type of stuff please, videogame type people. :hmr:

Me too, I adore that whole thing so much.

Plus you know how ragnarok and movies like alien use 80s tech in their sci fi future? I’m looking forward to the skrulls invading earth using windows 95

Ah yes, I remember having to wait like 20 minutes for the computer to properly boot up in school just to do basic stuff. Good times, good times. ;)

Carol's just seen Independence Day and decides to shut down all the Skrull's mothership stuff with a computer virus! :woot:

I'd be for it, anyway. Shut up.

Ah yes, I remember having to wait like 20 minutes for the computer to properly boot up in school just to do basic stuff. Good times, good times. ;)

I know, I think I would be shocked if I went back and saw how long they took to boot up. And if I showed my child self an iPad I would assume my future self care from the year 3000!

Carol's just seen Independence Day and decides to shut down all the Skrull's mothership stuff with a computer virus! :woot:

I'd be for it, anyway. Shut up.

Me too!

That still happens now occasionally. :o

True.

Another Keanu Reeves movie without a whole lot of cell phones: Speed.

Reeves has a mobile phone for most of the movie. It's how he and Hopper communicate.

I would laugh if the Kree all have space ships with furniture that looks like this

And they fire guns and wear armour that looks like this

I’ve been looking up the costume designer to see what sort of looks she would come up with in the 90s. Turns out she made a movie called spaced invaders which looks so terrible I’m sure I would love it.

She also did Star Trek insurrection so if she did stuff like this I would die happy

I'd love more effects like that in the MCU, to be honest.

More Frost Giants, less Black Order.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"