Captain Marvel Mid and post credits sequences

I think now...

Mid cred: A4 tie in of some kind.

Post cred: Reveal of Skrulls still on Earth in the present helping to set up the the next mega arc of the MCU which will be a Secret Invasion gloss. They won't repeat the Thanos arc with it being about one big bad immediately. Skrulls allow for a different type of threat.

Both mid and post credit sequences need to tie into Infinity War.

They don’t do that kinda thing, if there’s two post credit scenes, one will be a throwaway joke ala Cap in Homecoming or the Ant on Ant man and the Wasp

mid credit - A4 tie in, perhaps her getting the call from Fury.

post credit - a Skrull scout ship is alarmed at something rapidly approaching them from deep space. Their alarm turns to panic when they realize it is the Silver Surfer.

mid-credit - getting the call from Fury and Captain M's reaction.

Post credit- since Marvel has used humor in the past for the post credits scene my guess would be a shot of Ant-man floating around the quantam realm and saying something funny.

Sorry folks we have to close the thread because someone already came up with the best choice

Especially if they keep that look for wolverine, I want him to have that bourbon Tom selleck look

Now that they’ve revealed there’s a cat on the captain marvel poster I would put money on at least one of the after credits scenes being that flerkin’ cat

More than likely it'll be her getting the distress call from Fury.

But in my fantasy:

A young woman with brown hair is sitting at a bar watching news coverage of Captain Marvel flying in NYC, rescuing people. She gets up, finishes her drink and goes "That's my cue shugah."

Enter Rogue for CM2.
I like that idea!

More than ever I'm thinking that the post cred will be Skrull related.

Carol receiving signal from Fury and heading to Earth.

Mid credits will be them eating space pizza near the year 2000.
End credits will be her in the present receiving the beeper notice and seeing some folks around her disappear.

I think now...

Mid cred: A4 tie in of some kind.

Post cred: Reveal of Skrulls still on Earth in the present helping to set up the the next mega arc of the MCU which will be a Secret Invasion gloss. They won't repeat the Thanos arc with it being about one big bad immediately. Skrulls allow for a different type of threat.

I think this too, but I think it will be the other way around for more dramatic impact. And the A4 tie-in should be her receiving the message from Fury. The idea about Rogue is really fun, though, and I personally like it.

Mid - her receiving a page while kicking crap out of a giant alien.

End - coulson dancing dressed as mc hammer.

Mid - her receiving a page while kicking crap out of a giant alien.

End - coulson dancing dressed as mc hammer.
Coulson will be doing that throughout the film. He really gets moving when Ice Ice Baby comes on during the finale.

Fury notices someone talking to Carol before both disappear before he can say a word.

Scene shifts to just before the Winter Soldier movie where he recognises Dr Strange and unknown to him his interest causes the surgeon to be added to the list of threats Hydra takes note of.

We also learn he discovers others watching Dr Strange recognising he's being spied on and using a fake identity of a supposed teacher tracks the surveillance back to the ship he sends Cap & Widow to investigate.

Fury notices someone talking to Carol before both disappear before he can say a word.

Scene shifts to just before the Winter Soldier movie where he recognises Dr Strange and unknown to him his interest causes the surgeon to be added to the list of threats Hydra takes note of.

We also learn he discovers others watching Dr Strange recognising he's being spied on and using a fake identity of a supposed teacher tracks the surveillance back to the ship he sends Cap & Widow to investigate.

I'm not sure I follow any of this.

I'm not sure I follow any of this.

Basically I hope Dr Strange turns up to transport Carol to the present allowing her to evade the Kree searching for her and explain why Dr Strange was one of those mentioned in that list from the Winter Soldier movie.

Also explain how Fury stumbled onto Hydra, which was why he sent the Black Widow to investigate during Cap's mission to rescue those captives.

mid credit - A4 tie in, perhaps her getting the call from Fury.

post credit - a Skrull scout ship is alarmed at something rapidly approaching them from deep space. Their alarm turns to panic when they realize it is the Silver Surfer.
Yes please!!

I love both scenes. The midcredits just made excited to see
Carol appear with the other superHERoes and it was a nice tease for Endgame.
The post credits scene was cute!

I thought both scenes were meh.

Not having her first appearance be in a battle where she can make a big spectacle entrance is a mistake imo. Her just appearing suddenly and asking "where's Fury?" just seems so low key and anti-climactic.

But I wouldn't have spoiled that either way for audiences.

Staying until they very end to watch a tired and predictable joke just felt like a waste of time.

I think if at least the first scene had played after the very end credits it would have felt more worthwhile than the second scene.

I'm surprised how many people still leave after the first one. I know the second one is typically a little gag but at least a handful of people still get up and leave after the first one

That’s been the pattern the last few movies. The mid credit scene is “serious” while the last one is more of a joke.

edit: sorry, wrong thread. putting this in the right one.

Last edited:
I'm surprised how many people still leave after the first one. I know the second one is typically a little gag but at least a handful of people still get up and leave after the first one

I wish i had. Waste of time. Could have easily been in the pub having a pint and watched it on youtube.

I stayed for only the mid-credit one because I'd already watched the post-credit one online and figured I could save some time by cutting out a couple minutes early. Plus, I had to use the bathroom pretty bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"