The Acolyte from Leslye Headland

Yeah, but like you said about the temptation to use Yoda, the bigger temptation is seeing Yoda throw down.

I certainly hope not. Yoda is not a character that should be getting into scraps armed with a lightsaber like any common Jedi knight. He should be above that, firmly sitting in the wise old wizard archetype.

They are talking a lot about the start of the decline of the Jedi. That is probably going to involve some Jedi perspectives. We will likely see the Jedi Council a few times.

Yeah, but like you said about the temptation to use Yoda, the bigger temptation is seeing Yoda throw down.

I'm warming up to the prospect of a younger Yoda, but please no more acrobatics.

Given the inflated ego of the Jedi, the size of the galaxy, and Palpatine being at least in his 50s when he’s elected Chancellor, it’s safe to assume the Sith were never really gone. It’ll be cool to see a parallel to how Obi-Wan and Yoda were under the radar of the Empire with Plagueis and presumably his master with the Jedi at the height of their power.

No-one's ever really gone.

Reading her talking about wanting to work on this because she wanted to do something outside of the scope of the OT and the Skywalker Saga makes me really excited. As much as I love a lot of the familiar territory we get to revisit every once in a while, it can get a little tiresome if done too much and be used as a storytelling crutch, so it’s nice to tread onto new ground every so often. Aside from TLJ, and maybe Rogue One, we haven’t really gotten that, and those were still part of the main saga in some form. It’ll be really nice to see something we haven’t really experienced in Star Wars before.

Also, her mentioning the films she did as influences on this series makes me want to go and watch those in the near future.

no news on the Lcasfilm panel at SWC.
Don’t expect this in 2023

Kathleen Kennedy Gives an Update on ‘The Acolyte’ and Expanding the ‘Star Wars’ Universe

The stories of the Disney Star Wars era have often stuck close to the dependable Skywalker Saga, despite criticism and the desire for more variety. Collider's Maggie Lovitt spoke with Kathleen Kennedy, the current president of Lucasfilm, about the potential of The Acolyteseries. Kennedy said:

"We actually were intrigued with that because if that show works, then it really gives us an opportunity to expand on that. And that's what's so great about television because it gives us sort of this larger playground for experimenting."

the opinions are probably mixed, but I‘d love to see Exegol again. Maybe in this. It was a very cool place in RoS (which I liked btw)

The cult and Sith history and how it fits into galactic history definitely needs to be explored and canonized, but I just know Disney is not going to let it go anywhere serious or do anything adult with it. Nevermind that its a sadomasochistic death cult based around spiritual and physical enslavement and possession by an all consuming omnipresent evil force.

I certainly hope not. Yoda is not a character that should be getting into scraps armed with a lightsaber like any common Jedi knight. He should be above that, firmly sitting in the wise old wizard archetype.
This makes no sense to me. You don't go straight from Padawan to "wise old wizard." Of course Yoda would get into many fights in his century of peace-keeping. There was never any reason to think Yoda couldn't/wouldn't fight, and anyone who did think as much should have had that put to rest 20 years ago when AOTC came out.

This makes no sense to me. You don't go straight from Padawan to "wise old wizard." Of course Yoda would get into many fights in his century of peace-keeping. There was never any reason to think Yoda couldn't/wouldn't fight, and anyone who did think as much should have had that put to rest 20 years ago when AOTC came out.

Yoda was around 900 years old during the PT and OT. You'd have to go several centuries into the past before you get to a pre-wise old teacher version of the character, and he tells Luke in Empire he'd been training Jedi for 800 years. There's a pretty small and specific period of time in his life that he would be the fighting warrior Jedi that Luke mistakenly assumed that he was, and it's not in the High Republic era this show will be in, let alone the Clone Wars era. The fight scene in AOTC is borderline character assassination.

The magic and mystique of Yoda got all the way f'd up in my opinion. Seeing him do flips and tricks like 20 years before the OT was silly, and seeing him hobble around with a cane between those sick stunts was even sillier. The unfathomable wisdom of a 900 year life was diminished again by baby Yoda sadly. He was no longer an intelligent being that has experienced more than we ever could, he was simply a species which develops so slowly that centuries could pass before he reaches adulthood.

The Acolyte is a fair distance from the Yoda we know, so there is more space to explore him at a different time than the PT provided. Hopefully something interesting is done, but honestly I don't think Yoda should even be so different between like 800 and 900. I don't need to see him being hip and down with the kids.

Yoda was around 900 years old during the PT and OT. You'd have to go several centuries into the past before you get to a pre-wise old teacher version of the character, and he tells Luke in Empire he'd been training Jedi for 800 years. There's a pretty small and specific period of time in his life that he would be the fighting warrior Jedi that Luke mistakenly assumed that he was, and it's not in the High Republic era this show will be in, let alone the Clone Wars era. The fight scene in AOTC is borderline character assassination.
Always amazes how many people will convince themselves that their head canon is a more valid take on a character than the guy who actually created the character...

Always amazes how many people will convince themselves that their head canon is a more valid take on a character than the guy who actually created the character...

There are plenty of examples of George Lucas not understanding Star Wars, as far back as the special editions.

this means, that she, as showrunner, will undergo the existing script first. Than casting starts and so on. I’m not expecting the production start before 2023

Kate Herron isn't the show runner. She is a rumored director. I mean, the link you gave said the production is to begin in Oct, which is hardly "years away".

Yay. Filming has to be getting close.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"