The Acolyte from Leslye Headland

Same way they claim to own Norse mythology. They view as property of "white culture". The latch onto Tolkien saying it was for mythology for england, so it MUST be white. And let me tell you, claiming Norse mythology while being as hateful over lqbtq content is a REAL head scratcher.

Same thing happened with The Witcher. As a white European I can say that you guys in America merely adopted the racism. We were born in it, molded by it. We're the OG racists. So when you have stories that originate in Europe getting adapted into another medium, you also have to deal with the OG racists.

While I'm still interested in the show, I didn't much care for the trailer. Despite using practical sets, everything looked cramped and on a budget. At least 80% of the shots were medium shots from the waist up, there just wasn't enough variety or visual flourishes. The action in general looked flat and kinda hokey (telekinesis is hard to make look cool). I think I might also be burnt out on the Jedi in general. Lucas made them stodgy in the prequels and Filoni/Favreau continued that trend in Mando & Ahsoka. I was hoping the murder mystery angle would spice things up but it just looks like more of the PT with hamfisted dialogue.

I'll still give it a shot (I somehow managed to make it through 7 episodes of Ahsoka), but I'm definitely less hyped for it after the trailer. The thing I'm most curious about is Michael Abel's score. Will it be like Mando (Conti/Morricone flavored) or perhaps harken back to William's space opera sound?

Speaking in the latest issue of Empire Magazine, The Acolyte showrunner Leslye Headland revealed she'll be following her traditional approach - in focusing on the villains. "I was driven to write a story that essential was from the perspective of the bad guys," she confirmed. "I write that way my other work. I am always attracted to amoral - or immoral - characters, and finding the humanity within the villains.

Obviously, I have no idea how this series is going to turn out, but I don't know how anyone couldn't be excited about the cast and the prospect of exploring a new era of Star Wars at least. Worst case scenario there's a few hours of John Diggle Jr., Trinity, X-23 and Player 456 doing Jedi stuff.

Yaddle is alive and well. She actually showed up in Phase 2 High Republic books, about 300 years before this show.

Been watching Trek Strange New World and for some reason, I think Carol Kane would be excellent as Yaddle. There’s just something about her voice that has me think of Yaddle.

It’s different from Yoda, but it already is. But, to me, it keeps the same overall spirit that Frank Oz gave to Yoda.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"