The Acolyte from Leslye Headland

I might be completely lost and I can't find anything on google - Vernestra was in Phantom Menace? Where?
She's only in the High Republic stuff. The quote says that her character has become closer in personality to the Phantom Menace Jedi than the young girl we met in the books/comics. :)

This looks really good. I saw some gripey YouTube videos about this but didn’t want to dignify them with giving them views. I assume the backlash is just the usual Star Wars incel misogyny?

She's only in the High Republic stuff. The quote says that her character has become closer in personality to the Phantom Menace Jedi than the young girl we met in the books/comics. :)

I thought so, but just making sure since it can potentially be read both ways.

This looks really good. I saw some gripey YouTube videos about this but didn’t want to dignify them with giving them views. I assume the backlash is just the usual Star Wars incel misogyny?

Mixed. Those people thrown in with cancel culture from the left, I'm assuming. Saying the left due to #MeToo and Weinstein. That said, I have absolutely no idea why the director is getting blamed for that since she worked as Weinstein's secretary for a short period of time and - how would she even know what he was up to in that way behind closed doors? To me, it really comes off as oddly blaming a woman for what a man did.

Mixed. Those people thrown in with cancel culture from the left, I'm assuming. Saying the left due to #MeToo and Weinstein. That said, I have absolutely no idea why the director is getting blamed for that since she worked as Weinstein's secretary for a short period of time and - how would she even know what he was up to in that way behind closed doors? To me, it really comes off as oddly blaming a woman for what a man did.

Misogynists will always find a way to blame women for the s***ty things men do.

I get the impression that people were trying to paint as Weinstein's Ghislane Maxwell. When she was just someone vulnerable to Weinsteins position of power.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"