The All Encompassing AQUAMAN Movie Thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amber and Nicole together killing it! Great promo for the film lol.

I've come to the conclusion that the trailer needs more Fisherman King.

When I saw the Fisherman King I was happy for you :yay: but when I saw it was the same shot as the photo I felt bad for you. :csad: Chin up, matey. :up:

I liked elements of this trailer, but Arthur still feels like Aquabro to me. That is a major negative.

No one cares. Just like when you posted in lounge it's your birthday and no one cared.

giphy.gif

I was just scrolling and that completely caught me by surprise. Holy hell, that was mean.

Anyway, the trailer was everything it needed to be. I also enjoyed the Shazam trailer for different reasons.

giphy.gif

:woot:
I don’t disagree though.

When I saw the Fisherman King I was happy for you :yay: but when I saw it was the same shot as the photo I felt bad for you. :csad: Chin up, matey. :up:
Oh I was shattered. Something must bee up though, like, they pretty much showed every other characters toys but him. Maybe they don't want to reveal he is a Merman yet? I honestly have no idea...

It’s almost comic book like.
Absolutely disgusting.

Eh. It's just the way it was sold in the trailer. It came across as cheap a "chosen one" archetype. There's been too many ****** teenage movies that play into that, and this trailer left a similar taste in my mouth.

Oh I was shattered. Something must bee up though, like, they pretty much showed every other characters toys but him. Maybe they don't want to reveal he is a Merman yet? I honestly have no idea...

Perhaps they don't understand or they underestimate the power of the Fisherman King?

I sure hope there is merchandise for him. It would suck if they don't have a figure of him ( at least one for you! :cwink:), if not the whole family. Also, something like this?:

56755_articleimage_original.jpeg

maxresdefault.jpg

:oldrazz:

Relax man it’s not the serious.

Eh. It's just the way it was sold in the trailer. It came across as cheap a "chosen one" archetype. There's been too many ****** teenage movies that play into that, and this trailer left a similar taste in my mouth.

Well, it's more a consequence of birth, of being half-Atlantean, half-human, than any sort of prophecy. The "Chosen One" thing annoys me too, generally, but Aquaman is the connection between these two worlds.

The chosen one is pretty common when it comes to superheroes. Shazam chose Billy Batson, only Steve Rogers can take the super soldier serum, Peter Quill ends up being the chosen one in Guardians 2 except for villainous reasons, Wonder Woman was born to be a godkiller, etc.

I went from not caring about this ( not a AQ fan ), to holy smokes was that good.

Trailer gave me very strong Green Lantern vibes..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"