The All Encompassing AQUAMAN Movie Thread - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
So 13/14th for Australia, NZ, Philippines, Thailand, Russia and UK.

So 13/14th for Australia, NZ, Philippines, Thailand, Russia and UK.

Nice. I have to say, a movie about upsetting the political landscape with an outsider would really appeal to us right now here in aus!

How come it's always DC movies we always hear reports of test screenings for? Honestly other than maybe Dark Phoenix and Deadpool 2 we get no news of test screenings from other comic book movies. Movies like Antman & the Wasp, Thor Ragnarok, Apocalypse, Venom, Logan, Spiderman homecoming all go under the radar. Why is this? Does WB not bother to give out NDAs like other studios or what? There audiences must be very unreliable. I'm still extremely anticipating Aquaman tho.

There were all kinds of rumors about Deadpool 2 and Dark Phoenix test screenings.

There were all kinds of rumors about Deadpool 2 and Dark Phoenix test screenings.
I know I already mentioned them. For the most part its DC that have that type of news. I find it annoying TBH since it causes unnecessary drama. test screening news are the new reshoots news IMO. Let me clarify here that I'm not one of those tin foiled hat idiots who think that media is against DC and want it to fail, although I do believe that negative DC news are definitely things that get news articles a lot of clicks. Let me put it this way if news articles had to choose between publishing a Ant-man& the Wasp test screening that went nicely or a Aquaman test screening that went badly they're more likely to go with Aquaman because that would get more clicks.

Last edited:
The DCEU is notoriously bad about controlling leaks. I listened to a podcast not so long ago where the host said that while the DCEU has developed a reputation for being a train wreck and constantly having all sorts of trouble behind the scenes, every franchise or studio tends to have these problems at some point, it's just that we don't hear about them. Or at least not as frequently as we do with DC.

DlyDX9aVsAAe_ly.jpg

hey they listened to me =P

What a wonderful idea! There’s really so much plastic on the oceans and so many issues. It would be great to help!

And yet the land where Jason's biggest fan girl lives still has 21/12 as release date :/

We'll let you know if it's worth going to see.

Aquaman with Wan riding the ship...I think it will be fine considering his Conjuring films we know he can put out great movies that he is a great director and with him behind the Aquaman franchise it can be used as a stepping stone to make Aquaman into one of the franchises for DCEU similar to how Thor is for the MCU

This can be the worst movie ever and I'm going at least three times
What if one of the main reasons it’s the worst ever is because the title character gets no screentime? ;)

Aquamanbillingblock.jpg

Deborah Snyder and Zack Snyder get credited as Executive Producers (as expected), new thing that I was not aware of before is the screenplay writers David Leslie Johnson-McGoldrick and Will Beall.

With the Snyders involved I can only wonder what this means for Aquaman as a film? Then again Johns is also involved too so but with Hamada who is now like the Feige for the DCEU here is hoping that this film goes on to become a great film...I really do want to see the DCEU turn itself around and Aquaman is the perfect start towards perhaps rebuilding this universe

Zack Snyder will get credit in some capacity as he is the one who started this Universe. But, Snyder is only EP here, so he has no influence in the movie other than casting Jason Momoa, Amber Heard and Willem Dafoe. I think Zack and Deborah will get EP credit in The Flash movie too.

Okay then I guess that makes sense but now since we the DCEU fans have our Feige that being Hamada now then I can honestly say that in a way I am excited about the new direction of the DCEU but more so excited about Aquaman not just because of the trailer which I watch like every other day but because of the fact that we get to experience the world of Atlantis too which from seeing in the trailer looks almost as good as the world of Wakanda when you first see it in Black Panther...Atlantis visually just looks so damn awesome

I like to think that’s actually Aragorn and Atlantis is just Gondor that sank beneath the waves lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"