The All New and Improved Batman Reboot Casting Thread

great list, the only thing is that half of those characters won't be in the films haha but really well executed man

Tomlin’s tweeting about BTAS has got me (most likely fruitlessly) hoping to see Rupert Thorne in the mix here.

View attachment 58317

Leslie Thompkins - Toni Collette

Lucius Fox - Courtney B. Vance

Harvey Bullock - John Leguizamo

Silver St. Cloud - Logan Browning

Richard Grayson - Alan S. Kim

Barbara Gordon - Tamara Smart

You still root for a ten year old Dick Grayson, I see :) :)
What makes him so good that he's better than all other suggestions?

You still root for a ten year old Dick Grayson, I see :) :)
What makes him so good that he's better than all other suggestions?
Yes he’ll be the right age once they actually begin to film. Robin should be a young boy, it works better for the Bruce/Richard parallels for them to be close to the same age when their parents died. Alan S. Kim has a good look for the role, and he’s a great actor!

Updated list with differench choices to pick

SEQUEL

DENT (Benny Safdie, Miles Teller, Christopher Abbott, Joe Alwyn)

POISON IVY (Lea Seydoux, Anya Taylor-Joy, Olivia Cooke, Jessie Buckley)

VICTOR (Daniel Craig, Viggo Mortensen, Alexander Skarsgard, Matthias Schoenaerts, Joel Edgerton, Vince Vaughn)

PENGUIN SHOW *IF THE RUMOURS ARE TRUE*

BLACK MASK (Austin Butler, Christopher Abbott)

VENTRILOQUIST (John Lithgow, Richard Jenkins, Jared Harris, Michael Cera)

CLAYFACE (Rufus Sewell)

RUPERT ( ? )
Good list.

My Black Mask and Ventriloquist as of now are: Michael Mando and Richard Jenkins.

Victor Fries and Ferris Boyle would be: Viggo Mortensen and Alessandro Nivola.

Harvey Dent: Austin Butler/Christopher Abbott
Gilda Dent: Olivia Cooke

If you need roles in the movies or shows for:
Sarah Essen - Rhea Seehorn (GCPD)
Mad Hatter - Harry Melling
Killer Croc - Colman Domingo
Hugo Strange - Claes Bang/Jared Harris
Silver St Cloud - Sarah Gadon
Scarecrow - Ralph Ineson
Poison Ivy - Riley Keough/Jessie Buckley
Deacon Blackfire - Wes Studi
Leslie Thompkins - Frances McDormund
Rupert Thorne - Kevin Dunne/Don Johnson
Clayface - Rufus Sewell

Yes he’ll be the right age once they actually begin to film. Robin should be a young boy, it works better for the Bruce/Richard parallels for them to be close to the same age when their parents died. Alan S. Kim has a good look for the role, and he’s a great actor!
If they go really young, I think Woody Norman is a better choice. But he's older than Kim so I guess he's too old for how you want Robin to be.

By the time Dick’s introduced he’ll be older
Not old enough. Not even if we wait four years for the sequel to come out.
He's born 2012 so it's possible for him to wait all the way until 2030 before he first plays the role.

I know I wrote down Alessandro Nivola for Ferris Boyle but I think he’d also crush it as Maroni.

What about Jeremy Strong as Ferris Boyle? You guys see the concept art for Riddler? Looks like Strong. I bet he was offered Edward Nashton and not Gil Colson. Maybe he’ll get a second chance.

Mahershala Ali as Freeze?

Last edited:
Okay so I’m going to humour Eddie and Andy. Let’s say Viggo is a no go, and Daniel Craig is uninspired..

The Richard Kuklinski connection would be obvious. Too bad Michael Shannon is Zod and once played Kuklinski in a movie because damn he would have crushed Victor Fries. So who’s the next best actor to fit that mold? Edgerton? Skaarsgard? Claes Bang?

I’m going back to Alexander for this one. He plays roles really well where he’s a man of few words, he’s calculated but there’s hurt in his eyes. I like his height, build and slight accent as well.

DD6D4FD9-6351-4D1A-BCEC-1A0B57763168.png

Looks like he’s slowly becoming his father. And Stellan would have been a fantastic Freeze many years ago.

Last edited:
I was trying to find the concept art that supposedly resembles Strong, and while looking it up stumbled on this concept of the Penguin:

a526fcd1c18526fc60929f1bf6c8d6202b16facc.jpg

I really love the louche, seedy look of this. I think if they do Black Mask, they could base his look off of this concept (just add the mask).

I know I wrote down Alessandro Nivola for Ferris Boyle but I think he’d also crush it as Maroni.

What about Jeremy Strong as Ferris Boyle? You guys see the concept art for Riddler? Looks like Strong. I bet he was offered Edward Nashton and not Gil Colson. Maybe he’ll get a second chance.

Mahershala Ali as Freeze?
2adkl65v4hz81.jpg

Matthew Macfadyen was probably the one they offered the Colson role

2adkl65v4hz81.jpg

Matthew Macfadyen was probably the one they offered the Colson role
That honest to God looks like Snyder to me lmfao.

The idea of that seedy basement-dwelling 4Chan terrorist Riddler looking like a middle-aged hunk is.......bizarre.

I prefer him as Scarecrow and an actor like Claes Bang or Hugh Grant for Professa Strange

Ineson is perfect for Crane, Tall, Lanky with a deep scary voice. Another of my candidates for Dr. Crane would be John Hawkes and French actor Vincent Cassel

I was trying to find the concept art that supposedly resembles Strong, and while looking it up stumbled on this concept of the Penguin:

a526fcd1c18526fc60929f1bf6c8d6202b16facc.jpg

I really love the louche, seedy look of this. I think if they do Black Mask, they could base his look off of this concept (just add the mask).
I'd rather they go with something a tad more "regal" or just give him the white pinstripe suit from Arkham Origins.

I think Scarecrow should be saved for the Arkham show and appear in the third film when Batman faces the asylum's freaks

I definitely think Ineson would be better suited to Crane than Strange.

A fairly obscure Batman villain I've always wanted to see put to film is the Tally Man. I think he too would be better served by Ineson than the likes of Hugo Strange.

Tally_Man_I_1.jpg

Last edited:
Caleb Landry-Jones if Crane is younger.
Ralph Ineson if Crane is older.

I shall not budge, ESPECIALLY for someone like Domhnall Gleeson lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"