The All New and Improved Batman Reboot Casting Thread

Would you guys say that Jackie Earle Haley is way too obvious for Scarecrow?

Like Bill Skarsgard or Willem Dafoe for Joker???

Just give me Toby Kebbell as one of Batman's villains. He could pretty much nail every single one of them (minus Poison Ivy, Bane, Ra's and Talia Al Ghul, of course).

Last edited:
How about for a younger Jonathan Crane?
I don’t think his casting is a ruse (officer Stanley Murkel) but if it was...I’d bet that he wasn’t playing a villain like Joker or Scarecrow. He has a very young and small look to him even though he’s 27. I’d bet that he was secretly cast as Dick Grayson.

E70A5D28-2266-4DE8-A8C7-4D34BCEE7797.jpeg Does anyone remember Calendar Girl from the animated series? I really would love if she made a comeback. I’m actually surprised that her character never took off, because she actually has a really good story and is one of my favorite lesser known Batman villains.

Lincoln March: Edward Holcroft, 33
holcroft-2.jpg

Personally, i’d like to see Lincoln March in the Reeves universe as Thomas Wayne’s brother. We just had a Joker movie where he thought he was Bruce Wayne’s brother. I say we change it up.

I’d have Martha and Thomas (and Alfred) all in their late 30’s around the time “Joe Chill” pulled the trigger. So they’d be in their late 50’s if they had survived.

Thomas had a slightly younger brother who disappeared when Bruce was young. He kinda remembers him but it’s a bit of a blur. Cast an actor in his 50’s as the head of the Court of Owls. Early 50’s would be ideal. He’s not a mayoral candidate.

If Josh Brolin wasn’t Thanos and Cable I would cast him for this version of Lincoln March. Time to look into some other actors from his generation.

I'd go for Leonardo DiCaprio as Joker personally.

Leo has shown in films like Django Unchained that he can play a real out there psychopath while grinning the whole time.

I'd love to see Pattinson and DiCaprio act against each other as the Dark Knight and the Clown Prince of Crime.

Their also friends in real life so, that would add to their chemistry.

Just give me Toby Kebbell as one of Batman's villains. He could pretty much nail every single one of them (minus Poison Ivy, Bane, Ra's and Talia Al Ghul, of course).

I think Kebbell would make a Firefly or lower-level villain

I'd go for Leonardo DiCaprio as Joker personally.

Leo has shown in films like Django Unchained that he can play a real out there psychopath while grinning the whole time.

I'd love to see Pattinson and DiCaprio act against each other as the Dark Knight and the Clown Prince of Crime.

Their also friends in real life so, that would add to their chemistry.
Are they?

I love Leo but he would just double down on his set of tools, the loud screaming, the faces we’ve seen him do, his voice. I feel like he’s way too famous as well.

Are they?

I love Leo but he would just double down on his set of tools, the loud screaming, the faces we’ve seen him do, his voice. I feel like he’s way too famous as well.

It depends on the director in terms of what type of Joker he would want Leo to be and how he's direct.

At the end of the day, he'd be playing Reeves's Joker and what type of Joker that is would be up to him.

No fan would have thought of Romero, Ledger or Phoenix either based on their prior work ,and he's certainly in their league in terms of acting talent and respect in Hollywood.

I wouldn't underestimate him at all if he got the Joker role.

In terms of being too famous, Nicholson was one of the biggest stars in the world, let alone Hollywood ,when he was cast as the Joker, so getting a high profile actor to play the part isn't unheard of.

Actually as a fan of Joaquin’s, I knew he’d be a fantastic Joker when I saw him in 2012’s The Master. That’s seven years prior to Joker. I just didn’t think he’d be up to it.

You’re right that Reeves could pitch a smoother Joker to Leo. But I’m also taking in budget and Leo would be offered a gigantic deal for multiple movies. That’s another reason why I’m not sure about his stardom/casting.

Leo couldn't even muster the courage to praise Nolan's work on the Dark Knight films during his Inception press run. It's safe to say he won't ever associate with comic books.

I don’t see him ever taking a comic book role. Same with Gosling. It would have to be something similar to Joaquin. A character study that doesn’t include them facing a caped superhero.

I think Gosling will soften on his anti-CBM stance to be honest, but I agree that with Leo seems like that’s a non-starter.

Gosling is way too busy anyway. After taking a break he’s back at it with a handful of projects lined up.

This is what makes me think he’s veering closer towards comic book films. Just my reaction to seeing that news.

I feel you. Even though The Invisible Man was “smaller” in comparison to what they were trying to do with The Mummy, it was still a sizable Hollywood film and I can’t imagine a Gosling led Universal horror film with a solid budget will be less high profile than a Moss led one.

If he’s willing to do that, I can picture a comic book movie role. Especially if Reeves delivers script wise with this first flick.

I don’t think Gosling is opposed to this type of movie, he just doesn’t want to get locked into a multi picture deal.

He’s signed onto a new (possible) franchise from the Russo Brothers.

So Jeremy Strong, who had been rumored to be in talks to appear in the movie, won best actor at the Emmys, last night. Any other characters he could play?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"