The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Box Office Prediction Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agh! I understand why so many people stopped coming on this forum, a cult of negativity taking over here

I don't see a lot of people around anymore

Sony is in a no-win scenario right now with ASM3 unless they can make the film for $150 million...which they can't. ASM3 won't make $300 million domestic no matter how great the film is. It's impossible.

ASM3 doesn't have to make that much domestically for it to succeed.

No. The final numbers aren't going to be much different from the first Webb film. I think in Sony's mind if you can add some popular villains like Venom and Ock and get the marketing budget under control then you'll be ok.
If Sony isn't concerned about the quality then I think that's sad and that they are in for a world of pain financially.

Agh! I understand why so many people stopped coming on this forum, a cult of negativity taking over here

Cult huh? I would say that it's a cult of positivism around here. The people in the cult usually aren't the most sane individuals.

I have a hard time seeing them being able to drop the budget dramatically for where they were going story wise. And retreading Venom and Ock will not bring the GA back that you continue to lose.

No. The final numbers aren't going to be much different from the first Webb film. I think in Sony's mind if you can add some popular villains like Venom and Ock and get the marketing budget under control then you'll be ok.

TASM2 will make about 40M less than TASM while it cost 25M million more to produce (and another 65M in P&A). Do you really think these guys are in the business of losing money ?

Last edited:
The first film's budget was 230mil, the sequel's was 255mil so the 3rd film's budget will easily be higher than that. I'm thinking 280-300mil. So yeah it's going to need at least 300mil domestically to even begin to justify that budget.

Why don't you make an "I Love ASM2" thread, like the one in the Spider-Man section. It would be more productive than trying to stop a discussion you don't care for. Disruptive posting is bad form.

Cult huh? I would say that it's a cult of positivism around here. The people in the cult usually aren't the most sane individuals.

Nope it defo a cult of negativity, the people that are negative seem to be the loudest and usually the same group of people, some come on and and then leave because the negative are so dramatic

There isn't a Sony board member sitting in that room that are thrilled about declining domestic numbers for five straight films. "Just decrease the budget and this baby will make money".......I don't think that was their goal. They wanted this franchise to go to another level. And now that can't possibly happen based on what happen with this film.

The bottom line is Sony are making money. If and when that stops being the case they'll stop making Spidey movies. 1.4 BILLION for 2 movies when ASM2 finishes it's run not to mention home video and tv syndication.

I think Sony should be really happy with declining ticket sales, bad word of mouth and mixed to negative reviews. They should be absolutely joyous about all those wonderful tidings and not change a thing. :awesome:

Yeah, it's like the same 5 people posting over and over again negative comment after negative comment. I think a lot of people just stopped posting here because no one wants to see that on a movie you liked.

Looking at this thread you would think this movie was horrible, yet it currently holds a 7.4 on IMDB, higher than the new Godzilla.

Yeah, it's like the same 5 people posting over and over again negative comment after negative comment. I think a lot of people just stopped posting here because no one wants to see that on a movie you liked.

Looking at this thread you would think this movie was horrible, yet it currently holds a 7.4 on IMDB, higher than the new Godzilla.

Exactly!

And yet these people should realize that we are talking about BO numbers and not quality. If they can't face the cold, hard truth of these dissapointing numbers then it's too bad but I won't shed a tear.

I think Sony should be really happy with declining ticket sales, bad word of mouth and mixed to negative reviews. They should be absolutely joyous about all those wonderful tidings and not change a thing. :awesome:
Sony can take solace in IMDB ratings apparently. Keep it up Sony!

:applaud :applaud :applaud

With this state of mind you do have your place in Sony's executive boardroom.

The first film's budget was 230mil, the sequel's was 255mil so the 3rd film's budget will easily be higher than that. I'm thinking 280-300mil. So yeah it's going to need at least 300mil domestically to even begin to justify that budget.

There's no way it'll cost that much.

Doom and gloom, doom and gloom and when someone posts a positive, ANY positive it is spung into a negative. No wonder a lot of the posters who enjoyed the movie are leaving this forum.

TASM2 will make about 40M less than TASM while it cost 25M million more to produce (and another 65M in P&A). Do you really think these guys are in the business of losing money ?

It's not a significant difference.

Seeing a lot of delusional people in here with no concept of math or the economics of movies. It's sad when people have to continuously point out why this film is such a disappointment for Sony and they will be lucky to break even when that is what a BO thread is about. People need to stop getting butt hurt because they love the movie and realize that even with OS numbers Sony has seriously screwed the pooch here. If you want to gush about how great the movie is and not have anyone interject the reality of the situation take that over to the general discussion thread and stop whining about it here.

This is a thread to discuss the cold hard numbers of the BO and the franchise, math doesn't lie

Sony can take solace in IMDB ratings apparently. Keep it up Sony!
Yes IMDB ratings, how could one possibly argue against them?!!
:applaud :applaud :applaud

With this state of mind you do have your place in Sony's executive boardroom.
Yes, I got the job!:woot: I swear to run the franchise even further into the ground.

There's no way it'll cost that much.
Can you explain to me why you think the next film will cost less?

No one is saying Sony is over the moon but 1.4 Billion for 2 movies not including home theatre and TV is not the end of the world.

Seeing a lot of delusional people in here with no concept of math or the economics of movies. It's sad when people have to continuously point out why this film is such a disappointment for Sony and they will be lucky to break even when that is what a BO thread is about. People need to stop getting butt hurt because they love the movie and realize that even with OS numbers Sony has seriously screwed the pooch here. If you want to gush about how great the movie is and not have anyone interject the reality of the situation take that over to the general discussion thread and stop whining about it here.

This is a thread to discuss the cold hard numbers of the BO and the franchise, math doesn't lie

If things were so bad so bad for the Spidey franchise Sony would stop making Spidey movies because no movie studio is going to continue producing movies that LOSES the company money. That makes ZERO sense. It's not great but it isn't a disaster either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"