The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Box Office Prediction Thread - Part 6

Even that's pretty generous.

Well dude if you read the spoilers and commentary for the rough cut of 2 and saw what was suppose to be in 1 then you would agree with me on this.

Still I hope they don't meddle with the third movie. Man, why are they just ruining 2 movies when all they ever wanted was to keep the rights which were suppose to keep their industry from standing. They almost had it and yet they just purposely made it into a bad movie. Normally this would happen to another franchise they don't really care all that much like say thundercats or something but doing it on the one thing you want to keep so badly is illogical or better yet contradicting.

I'm just not a fan of these films from a foundational level and that's just a huge problem with them winning me over. I don't like Oscorp being a monster making factory, I think it's boring. I don't think the parents replacing Uncle Ben worked because they are boring and not likable and I don't think making Peter Parker as cool as they have made him works either but part of that is because I think the character just comes off as a selfish jerk and not a lovable Tony Stark style selfish jerk. Part of that is the script's fault and part of that is Andrew Garfield's acting choices.

So I just kinda dislike this whole new Spider-Man universe and I don't know if it's possible to fix that without a complete revamp. And I'm not one of those idiots who are averse to changes I just don't think they made these changes work and yes some of the changes I just find dumb, uninteresting and unworkable.

TASM should have started with a montage of him becoming Spider-Man.

There could have been some flashbacks to Uncle Ben.

I think Harry needed to make an appearance. Same thing with MJ.

I also don't like Oscorp's Sinister Six. It's almost like how they addressed issues between the book and the movies from Harry Potter. Let's just have Hermoine do something.

TASM should have started with a montage of him becoming Spider-Man.

There could have been some flashbacks to Uncle Ben.

That's an interesting thought.

I mean, I do generally believe people know his origin story by now, even a couple of years ago with the reboot. They could have avoided a lot of the plots they spent so much time on and given us a brand new story, at least compared to the past.

Yeah, they could've just skip the origin and then focus on the parents. It's just that simple really.

Yeah, they could've just skip the origin and then focus on the parents. It's just that simple really.

I personally enjoyed the element of his parents in this series, but they could have even taken care of their story by the end of TASM1.

I guess they were trying to establish a version of Spider-Man as their own. I'm sure their goal was for people to forget about the original trilogy.

It depends on your definition of fine or marginally better, but something on a TWS or Avengers level? I didn't see an excellent movie hidden in there.

I do just about ever thing that people found has a problem with the movie is ether greatly improved or completely eliminated with the stuff that was cut. These are the main things people complain about.

1. To chessy now I don't see a way that would be improved but I still don't see how the movie was chessy it wasn't any more chessy then the other spider man movies.
2. Harry was rushed and goblin didn't have enough screen time. There was a delected scence with harry and peter playing has kids and the delected scence on the dvd with the armor both gave more more insite for harry has a charater and his and peters friendship. You add those 2 things and harry and peters friendship is much much better and there was like 3 delected scences with goblin you add those and that problem is just about eliminated has while has giving the movie more action.
3. Peter cares about his parents more then his ant and uncle. There was 2 delected scences that if added cut the problem just about in half.
4. The movie didn't have enough action. If you add both the longer elector fight and the goblin scences that problem is gone. There are even more that was cut that I am forgetting about. The movie got a 53 on rotten tomatoes if you just add the delected scences form the dvd the movie would probly already be a 70 and then you still have the other stuff. If you add ever thing the movie would probly get a 80 at worse and would have a good changes to get a 90.

This version of the franchise had great potential... but sadly, Sony just never knew what they wanted.

I doubt I'll truly miss this Spider-Man or even Andrew Garfield when it's all said and done.

I do just about ever thing that people found has a problem with the movie is ether greatly improved or completely eliminated with the stuff that was cut. These are the main things people complain about.

1. To chessy now I don't see a way that would be improved but I still don't see how the movie was chessy it wasn't any more chessy then the other spider man movies.
2. Harry was rushed and goblin didn't have enough screen time. There was a delected scence with harry and peter playing has kids and the delected scence on the dvd with the armor both gave more more insite for harry has a charater and his and peters friendship. You add those 2 things and harry and peters friendship is much much better and there was like 3 delected scences with goblin you add those and that problem is just about eliminated has while has giving the movie more action.
3. Peter cares about his parents more then his ant and uncle. There was 2 delected scences that if added cut the problem just about in half.
4. The movie didn't have enough action. If you add both the longer elector fight and the goblin scences that problem is gone. There are even more that was cut that I am forgetting about. The movie got a 53 on rotten tomatoes if you just add the delected scences form the dvd the movie would probly already be a 70 and then you still have the other stuff. If you add ever thing the movie would probly get a 80 at worse and would have a good changes to get a 90.

But Jaime Foxx as Electro is still in it? :woot:

I personally enjoyed the element of his parents in this series, but they could have even taken care of their story by the end of TASM1.

I guess they were trying to establish a version of Spider-Man as their own. I'm sure their goal was for people to forget about the original trilogy.

i didn't mind the element in tasm 1 either. i just thought it could've been a good idea to skip the origin and focus on the parents.

if they really wanted for people to forget about the old trilogy then obviously they wouldn't cut so much stuff out and made them into problematic movies

This version of the franchise had great potential... but sadly, Sony just never knew what they wanted.

I doubt I'll truly miss this Spider-Man or even Andrew Garfield when it's all said and done.

i just don't understand sony's motivation in purposely making the franchise or at least the past 2 films bad when they were gonna be really good.

i'll definitely miss andrew though when the franchise is over though :( i just hope his character is written better in future spiderman films or at least the third and final film

THIS is how The Amazing Spider-Man should have opened:

[YT]jSDVGuyfplc[/YT]

Webb should have stayed IN the highschool and introduced Harry and MJ in the first movie as well.

mj was never peter's first love though and the did that in the raimi films. harry is debatable though. i hope this wasn't you comparing it to the raimi films because it's just annoying and frustrating when people do that.

But even in the comics MJ was introduced around the same time. I think she was "mentioned" before Gwen but her full appearance was afterwards.

It would have been nice to see MJ as his support system to deal with Gwen after this movie.

yeah but that was more of a build up so it truely doesn't count as a first full appearance.

that's what i want for MJ as well. i really want her to be the voice of joy for peter and since emma is rumored to reprise her role as gwen i would see peter almost kissing mj and see gwen as mj. and just because i thought gwen appearing again is a good idea doesn't mean uncle ben should still be ignored. i just want him to be important in the movie and this entire franchise. he's always been important even in that ****** USM cartoon. and please let peter have his moments with aunt may and i mean good moments instead of him being selfish like that laundry scene. i just want nice moments like peter respecting aunt may, acting like they're an actual family and even have some struggle.

mj was never peter's first love though and the did that in the raimi films. harry is debatable though. i hope this wasn't you comparing it to the raimi films because it's just annoying and frustrating when people do that.

No... MJ could have been seen as a presence around the school without people thinking Webb was rehashing Raimi storylines.

No... MJ could have been seen as a presence around the school without people thinking Webb was rehashing Raimi storylines.

well that's true and i wouldn't mind that but instead we would hear people complain about the comparisons and they still do it. it just hurts looking an listening about it-_-

i hope whoever casts as mj is a great actress with a good enough looks to it. shaielne had potential but ever since her incident as mj she would've done something orrible to herself. i'd rather they be careful with the choices. either jane levy or mary elizabeth winstead would be great as mj.

Seriously. They are pushing back TASM3 so they can take time and retool the franchise, but at the same time they are bringing out three spin-offs before that and allowing Webb to complete 'his' trilogy. Those actions contradict each other.

I'm really interested in reading what Nikki Finke has to say in Part 2 of her look into Sony Pictures.

Looks like we won't be seeing part 2. That part 1 rustled so many feathers that she has deleted all posts on her site.

THIS is how The Amazing Spider-Man should have opened:

[YT]jSDVGuyfplc[/YT]

Webb should have stayed IN the highschool and introduced Harry and MJ in the first movie as well.

In all honesty when I heard they were rebooting and one of their reasons for doing so was because they felt that Peter was aged too fast in the first trilogy, I fully expected Sony to go TSSM route. Skip the origin, at least initially, and spend more time in HS while introducing a bunch of side characters to build up in the sequels. They did none of those things. :whatever:

I'd rather have Peter be an adult than a teen since throughout the years he's been an adult than a kid

In all honesty when I heard they were rebooting and one of their reasons for doing so was because they felt that Peter was aged too fast in the first trilogy, I fully expected Sony to go TSSM route. Skip the origin, at least initially, and spend more time in HS while introducing a bunch of side characters to build up in the sequels. They did none of those things. :whatever:

I was really hoping for that, too.

If you have Gwen, Harry, Peter, and MJ all in high school at the same time, it allows for far more character development given how much we would learn about each of their lives.

That way not only Gwen's eventual death would be more impactful, but also Harry's (assuming he'll die in this series at some point).

It also allows for an interesting dynamic played out onscreen; Harry wanting to go out with MJ when Peter has feelings for her, meanwhile there's also something between Gwen and Peter.

Plus, don't forget Flash Thompson.

I was really hoping for that, too.

If you have Gwen, Harry, Peter, and MJ all in high school at the same time, it allows for far more character development given how much we would learn about each of their lives.

That way not only Gwen's eventual death would be more impactful, but also Harry's (assuming he'll die in this series at some point).

It also allows for an interesting dynamic played out onscreen; Harry wanting to go out with MJ when Peter has feelings for her, meanwhile there's also something between Gwen and Peter.

Plus, don't forget Flash Thompson.

If they had started in that manner from the get-go, the whole universe building idea would have a better fit. Introducing more characters from the beginning would allow for more growth and expansion in a natural progression. Instead we have an awkward push to make everything larger on top of a crumbling, small foundation. It wreaks of desperation.

Looks like we won't be seeing part 2. That part 1 rustled so many feathers that she has deleted all posts on her site.
It's not that Part 1 rustled feathers, it's that she's in a legal dispute with her former employer Jay Penske. Her contract with Penske stated that she was not allowed to compete against Deadline and Variety until 2016 and she decided to launch her own website anyways. Her and Penske are said to be in negotiations that could lead to her writing for Penske again or pretty much put an end to her career on Hollywood journalism.

If they had started in that manner from the get-go, the whole universe building idea would have a better fit. Introducing more characters from the beginning would allow for more growth and expansion in a natural progression. Instead we have an awkward push to make everything larger on top of a crumbling, small foundation. It wreaks of desperation.

Yeah, that wouldve been much better. In fact spiderman works best as a tv show than a movie since the mythos and every character is huge and since its also part soap opera but it can work out as a movie fine and I hope we get that case in the sequel

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"