The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Box Office Prediction Thread - Part 6

If they had started in that manner from the get-go, the whole universe building idea would have a better fit. Introducing more characters from the beginning would allow for more growth and expansion in a natural progression. Instead we have an awkward push to make everything larger on top of a crumbling, small foundation. It wreaks of desperation.

Exactly my point.

In my opinion, not just in regards to Spider-Man, but that's how every movie series should go. Anything intimate to the main character, such as close friends, hobbies/interests/jobs (The Daily Bugle), etc. should be introduced in the first film of the series and expand.

With The Daily Bugle being mentioned in TASM2, I thought, "Oh, okay, so he does work there in this reboot." For people who aren't familiar with Spider-Man's origin or original arc, even Harry's introduction was awkward. When Harry meets Norman, my dad turned to me and said, "Who the hell is this guy?"

It just creates awkwardness for everyone; the audience and maybe even the actors.

They should have let them establish a relationship in TASM1 (look how great the Peter/Gwen dynamic turned out to be) and taken it from there.

The reason I feel this was such a missed opportunity is because this cast is one of the few things about this series that is actually amazing.

Exactly my point.

In my opinion, not just in regards to Spider-Man, but that's how every movie series should go. Anything intimate to the main character, such as close friends, hobbies/interests/jobs (The Daily Bugle), etc. should be introduced in the first film of the series and expand.

With The Daily Bugle being mentioned in TASM2, I thought, "Oh, okay, so he does work there in this reboot." For people who aren't familiar with Spider-Man's origin or original arc, even Harry's introduction was awkward. When Harry meets Norman, my dad turned to me and said, "Who the hell is this guy?"

It just creates awkwardness for everyone; the audience and maybe even the actors.

They should have let them establish a relationship in TASM1 (look how great the Peter/Gwen dynamic turned out to be) and taken it from there.

The reason I feel this was such a missed opportunity is because this cast is one of the few things about this series that is actually amazing.

sadly you're right. if only every one of these characters appear in the first film we would've had some more emotional impacts. raimi avoided that and sony ruined marc's plan for it:(

you guys think the daily bugle staff should appear in the sinister six because it would be a good idea to inroduce characters like betty, robbie, eddie, ned, and jonah maybe like a few of the staff joins peter for a story on a scientist or incase scorpion is one of the rosters of the six because in the comics gargan was hired by jameson to follow peter to see how he gets pictures of spiderman. seriously, the daily bugle has to be there because in the movie it just felt that sony sticked the mention of the bugle and jameson and that's it. i just felt dry and should have to be involved in peter's life since gwen died. i do not care if jk is the best jameson they should hire someone else as jameson like hugh laurie or bryan cranston

So I just saw on comic book movies.com That Gardens of the galaxy is now at 547.7 million WW. The movie has been out for about a month now in the usa so that means it is probly just about done make money in the usa. I mean it could make some more but it is not going to make like another 50 million or any thing but the movie still has hasn't came out in japan and china. Any change that the movie could make more the spidy? At 547.7 million that means it needs to make around 160 million more to pass spidy. For what its worth apes just came out in china and opeing weekend it made 47 million and is now at 611 WW. So with gardens at 547.7 if say it only made 47 told in china the amont that apes made that would get it up to about 595 and then if say japan only made 47 to that would already get the movie to about 642 only about 65 million form spidy.

I wonder where this film is going to end up on the worldwide chart because Guardians is probably going to make more than it worldwide, Apes could as well and The Hobbit and Mockingjay are guaranteed to make more than 710mil worldwide. Not to mention films like Big Hero 6 and Interstellar.

Last edited:
I always knew guardians would be a huge box office success. I mean its so obvious. This is what happens when Sony messes with the creator's work and look what has happened to them as a result not only on their movie but on their company as well

I wonder where this film is going to end up on the worldwide chart because Guardians is probably going to make more than it worldwide, Apes could as well and The Hobbit and Mockingjay are guaranteed to make more than 710mil worldwide. Not to mention films like Big Hero 6 and Interstellar.

Yeah I wonder to. I think it is at 5 right now and yeah hobbit and mockingjay will make more like you said so that would be 7th and with interstellar it is Christopher noal so who knows how much it will make and big hero 6 is Disney you can never underated Disney. So best cast the movie problem finishes 7th more likely though it is at least 9th.

sadly you're right. if only every one of these characters appear in the first film we would've had some more emotional impacts. raimi avoided that and sony ruined marc's plan for it:(

you guys think the daily bugle staff should appear in the sinister six because it would be a good idea to inroduce characters like betty, robbie, eddie, ned, and jonah maybe like a few of the staff joins peter for a story on a scientist or incase scorpion is one of the rosters of the six because in the comics gargan was hired by jameson to follow peter to see how he gets pictures of spiderman. seriously, the daily bugle has to be there because in the movie it just felt that sony sticked the mention of the bugle and jameson and that's it. i just felt dry and should have to be involved in peter's life since gwen died. i do not care if jk is the best jameson they should hire someone else as jameson like hugh laurie or bryan cranston

Without any empirical evidence, we can't definitively say Sony ruined Marc's plan for the characters. Yes, there seemed to be evidence of Sony's fingerprints in some parts of the movie, but I don't think the company had any hand in forcing Marc to abruptly introduce some of these characters.

I forgot who mentioned it on these boards, but S6 could end up showing what happened in the gap between Gwen's death and the Rhino fight. Interestingly enough, this could show the S6 forming while also possibly showing them spying on Peter? This could explain why they cut out the scene where Harry tells Peter that Oscorp has been keeping him under surveillance.

Maybe part of the spying could show them watching him work at The Daily Bugle? These are just theories, of course. I'm not even sure if it's already confirmed that Garfield won't be in this movie.

And don't forget, TASM3 will need some kind of dynamic and plot to take up time as well, assuming in the end of it Peter will face the S6. So as much as we can speculate, The Daily Bugle and its characters might just end up being covered in TASM3.

Besides, JJJ is a major character for Spider-Man in general. If you cover The Daily Bugle, you have to cover him. The last thing they want to do is shoehorn this spinoff with the alleged "redemption" stories of the S6 as well as JJJ and The Daily Bugle's role in everything.

I always knew guardians would be a huge box office success. I mean its so obvious. This is what happens when Sony messes with the creator's work and look what has happened to them as a result not only on their movie but on their company as well

This tune is getting a little old.

Without any empirical evidence, we can't definitively say Sony ruined Marc's plan for the characters. Yes, there seemed to be evidence of Sony's fingerprints in some parts of the movie, but I don't think the company had any hand in forcing Marc to abruptly introduce some of these characters.

Maybe but I believe people shouldn't worry about the too many characters bit especially that spiderman has been this soap opera series

I forgot who mentioned it on these boards, but S6 could end up showing what happened in the gap between Gwen's death and the Rhino fight. Interestingly enough, this could show the S6 forming while also possibly showing them spying on Peter? This could explain why they cut out the scene where Harry tells Peter that Oscorp has been keeping him under surveillance.

Maybe part of the spying could show them watching him work at The Daily Bugle? These are just theories, of course. I'm not even sure if it's already confirmed that Garfield won't be in this movie.
He better be in the film because a story about redemption doesn't make sense for him to not be there

And don't forget, TASM3 will need some kind of dynamic and plot to take up time as well, assuming in the end of it Peter will face the S6. So as much as we can speculate, The Daily Bugle and its characters might just end up being covered in TASM3.

Besides, JJJ is a major character for Spider-Man in general. If you cover The Daily Bugle, you have to cover him. The last thing they want to do is shoehorn this spinoff with the alleged "redemption" stories of the S6 as well as JJJ and The Daily Bugle's role in everything.

I guess that makes sense. if this story is about peter's road to recovery do you think it's possible for Jameson to appear since he shares some moments with Peter and shows that he's not such a bad boss Peter sees him as

Maybe but I believe people shouldn't worry about the too many characters bit especially that spiderman has been this soap opera series

Even soap operas have to worry about character development.

He better be in the film because a story about redemption doesn't make sense for him to not be there

Perhaps.

The redemption story could focus on the S6 and show them fighting Spider-Man in flashbacks, and they could just use stunt doubles for that.

I still want to see Oscorp's surveillance of Peter. I think that's a nice subplot to be explored.

I guess that makes sense. if this story is about peter's road to recovery do you think it's possible for Jameson to appear since he shares some moments with Peter and shows that he's not such a bad boss Peter sees him as

Sure.

But first they need to take up time to show him as a mean boss before they can show him as a not-so-mean boss.

Even soap operas have to worry about character development.

Sure but some of these characters like betty, jameson, robbie, mj, and aunt may have to put in some weight to peter.

Perhaps.

The redemption story could focus on the S6 and show them fighting Spider-Man in flashbacks, and they could just use stunt doubles for that.

They can do that but I'd like to see andrew in the six as he makes jokes to distract some of them and humiliates them especially thinking of ways to defeat them.

I still want to see Oscorp's surveillance of Peter. I think that's a nice subplot to be explored.

I agree. Especially since they've been spying on them for years which questions who was spying on them and how and why have they not involved all these years which could lead into something interesting

Sure.

But first they need to take up time to show him as a mean boss before they can show him as a not-so-mean boss.

Oh yeah, Jameson needs to show us his classic characteristics and we could even see jk Simmons being dramatic as Jameson. I also hope his moments are written well too.

And now the film has been pushed out of the domestic 2014 Top 10 with the Hunger Games, Big Hero 6, and the Hobbit.

I thought it would be even lower but Interstellar wasn't anywhere near another Inception in north america so here we are.

Sony has to find a way to stabilize the franchise's domestic numbers (and pray and hope that the international numbers stay as they are or increase). I don't mean that the film has to gross 404 million like Raimi's original but going under 240 million with all the ticket price advantages with this outing was pretty embarrassing for a character whose merchandise makes 1.3 billion.

Again I think a next Sony Spidey film is a lock to go under 200 million in North America, if the audience likes it though the franchise can build itself back up again, X-Men style.

I thought it would be even lower but Interstellar wasn't anywhere near another Inception in north america so here we are.

Sony has to find a way to stabilize the franchise's domestic numbers (and pray and hope that the international numbers stay as they are or increase). I don't mean that the film has to gross 404 million like Raimi's original but going under 240 million with all the ticket price advantages with this outing was pretty embarrassing for a character whose merchandise makes 1.3 billion.

Again I think a next Sony Spidey film is a lock to go under 200 million in North America, if the audience likes it though the franchise can build itself back up again, X-Men style.

agree even if they make asm3 and it is great they are going to have to earn peoples trust back but it asm3 is really good or great then asm4 could make big big money. Yeah making only about half has much has raimi's original with 3d had high ticket pricess is behond puthectic.

And now the film has been pushed out of the domestic 2014 Top 10 with the Hunger Games, Big Hero 6, and the Hobbit.

and its now 8th ww for 2014 and only slightly ahead of planet of the apes so almost 9th compare that with sm 1-3 all 3 of them where 3 ww for the year they came out and I think asm1 was 6th. With the way things are going if they make asm3 I could see it being like 12th ww or something.

Box Office Mojo now ranks the film at #12 with American Sniper surpassing it.

That is good. Sony's Spider-Man is falling lower. Save them please Marvel lol.

spiderman.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"