The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Box Office Prediction Thread - Part 6

The original Marvel Team-up when I was growing up was a staple. I loved seeing Spidey team up with various characters in the MU. The first time I saw Arcade was a MT-U of Spidey and Captain Britain. Man I loved that title.

Yeah, i also loved his team up with black widow and the fact that this book has been written by Chris Claremont

Too many movies too close together this summer. Only so much money and time to go around with audiences.

2 years ago Avengers made $623 released in early May and TDKR made $448 million released in early July.

In between those 2 movies, 4 other movies made north of $215 million.

2 years ago Avengers made $623 released in early May and TDKR made $448 million released in early July.

In between those 2 movies, 4 other movies made north of $215 million.

Including TASM.

And 2 weeks shy of July, we only have one movie released between May and July that has broke $200.

They just have to make a serious looking movie. No Max Dillon, dumb haircuts etc and then word-of-mouth should help to move it over 200M.

But yeah right now some realistic target for ASM3 would be 150-180M.

if they put dr.ock and venom in the next one the budget will be 300mill

if they put dr.ock and venom in the next one the budget will be 300mill

I hope Venom is reserved for his own movie because that is a franchise killer waiting to happen.

It probably won't happen but Malificent has pretty good legs. Last week it was $18 million behind TASM 2 after 2 weeks and now after 3 weeks it's only $9 million.

As for Maleficent, I've been following the numbers closely, the movie is now only 8.4M behind Spidey in day-to-day gross and is currently making $750,000 more/day. If it's 4th week end is close to 10M (which is probable) Spider-Man would only be 4 millions ahead or so same time next week. I think unless Maleficent collapses in the next few weeks it will outgross TASM2 domestically. Watching How To Train Your Dragon 2 catching up is going to be a little more interesting after this so-so first week end.

Comparing day to day number, Maleficent has come within $6 million after 20 days of release. It can probably pull within $2-$3 by the end of the weekend.

I wouldn't be surprised if Maleficent outgrossed TASM 2 in North America and that would be something else if that happens.

The original Marvel Team-up when I was growing up was a staple. I loved seeing Spidey team up with various characters in the MU. The first time I saw Arcade was a MT-U of Spidey and Captain Britain. Man I loved that title.

My introduction to Spider-Man was Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends where he teams up with Iceman and Firestar, and also more temporary teamups with several other superheroes (The X-Men, Black Knight, Captain America, Dr. Strange, etc.) in various episodes.

Comparing day to day number, Maleficent has come within $6 million after 20 days of release. It can probably pull within $2-$3 by the end of the weekend.

Yep it is a done deal at this point. The movie is holding much much better in day to day comparisions (and it just highlights how fast and steep TASM2's drops were). The difference is 5.5M on day 20, it was 9.1M on sunday. Maleficent grossed 1.2M more on day 20. I guess the difference will be around 4.5M tomorrow. TASM2 made 7.8 millions in its 4th week end and Maleficent is currently tracking for a 13 millions week end so it can very well be ahead of TASM2 as soon as Sunday if early estimates hold. Now it might be worth mentioning but day 25 was memorial monday for TASM2 and it did 2.1 millions that day. Even with a great hold Maleficent won't do more 1.5 millions on its 25th day so Spidey might still be ahead on monday. However it isn't gonna last long for sure.

There is some good news on the Godzilla front though. TASM2 was barely 800K ahead last week on day-to-day comparision, it is now ahead by 1.3M. The gap is growing and unless Godzilla holds incredibly well this week end (and the week days number suggest the opposite) it might not catch up with TASM2. Now I wonder if WB is gonna pull a "Superman Returns" on the film and fudge it past 200M.

I wouldn't be surprised if Maleficent outgrossed TASM 2 in North America and that would be something else if that happens.

:wow: it's insane... just like Spain (the defending champion) was eliminated in the 1st round. :doh: totally out of expectation. was told they are the world no. 1 football team.!!!???

My introduction to Spider-Man was Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends where he teams up with Iceman and Firestar, and also more temporary teamups with several other superheroes (The X-Men, Black Knight, Captain America, Dr. Strange, etc.) in various episodes.

If a future Spidey film has him team up with Firestar and Iceman I'm sold! :woot:

But I'd just be happy to see him team up with Cap and Wolverine in an Avengers tie-in.

If a future Spidey film has him team up with Firestar and Iceman I'm sold! :woot:

But I'd just be happy to see him team up with Cap and Wolverine in an Avengers tie-in.

The funny part is, they created Firestar because they couldn't use the Human Torch.

The funny part is, they created Firestar because they couldn't use the Human Torch.

Which worked out in a way, because I think the group dynamic worked better with a female on the team.

Plus, Bobby and Peter hitting on her all the time was amusing.

And it's done. With a 13.01M we Maleficent will pull ahead of TASM2 in day-to-day comparisions starting today. And it is likely to retain its leadership tomorrow too (if estimates hold it will pull 1 million ahead of Spider-Man on sunday which should be enough despite TASM2's inflated memorial day monday).

Last edited:
Yep Maleficent is a lock to outgross TASM 2, it might even hit 220+mil.

We'd all be there for anything like that! :cool::woot:

Too many movies too close together this summer. Only so much money and time to go around with audiences.

I agree with this. There's nothing in July really besides Apes and August besides Guardians. There a lot of good smaller movies out but nothing in terms of spectacle.

If GotG passes Spidey in DOM box office I bet there are going to be a lot of people that will be stunned. I'm thinking that movie is going to blow up. It would completely turn the predictions coming into this summer on their head.

If GotG passes Spidey in DOM box office I bet there are going to be a lot of people that will be stunned. I'm thinking that movie is going to blow up. It would completely turn the predictions coming into this summer on their head.

Really? I'll be stunned if GotG DOESN'T pass TASM2. The internet is crazy for that film. It's going to hit like a god damn bulldozer and not stop. I'm betting on it being just as big, if not bigger, than the Avengers.

I'm thinking the same thing but lots of people are saying it's an unknown property for the GA, it's too out there, etc. etc. Going into the summer most predicted it would be towards the bottom of the list gross wise in terms of CBMs this year. That's why I think it would be funny if it blows up, Sony execs will lose their minds if an unknown beats them. I think it will be funny to watch

With the release of GotG I really hope Sony doesnt copy that. I just really want them to just make a standalone spiderman film with no gimmicks, no interfering with the creators, and no over marketing. They should just shut up and get their acts together. The reason TASM 2 failed financially was because of the over marketing and mixed reception due to them interfering with the creative teams' works

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"