The Amazing Spider-Man The Amazing Spider-Man Set Pictures, Videos and News Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure, man. I've contacted them on the whole Pez buzz thingy 2 days ago (had no idea that someone would have a nerve to leak some promo art), but I still didn't get any reply. Would love to tell you more on that, but right now - I know as much as you do (in terms of whether the leaks are affecting anything or not).

And I'll try to find out more about the trailer's release on 6-7th of December, when they're going to premiere some new neat stuff on Movie Expo.

Thanks, mate. I love what I've seen so far, but I understand that nerves could come into play when rebooting such a popular franchise. I was just curious. Thanks for all of you effort in here.

373891_10150494873934804_364544669803_10713130_106544097_n.jpg

niceeee

I don't see what's conflicting about it. One is from the movie. Literally footage from the movie. The other is art. Isn't it pretty conclusive which is accurate and which is less so? I'm missing the disconnect.

...The conflicting views on how accurate it looks to the movie version. Yesterday, RIM said that the Pez head looks pretty damn accurate to the SDCC footage. Today, he says that the promo art, where the Lizard looks pretty much bang on how he did in the Pez head, looks nothing like the SDCC footage.

You keep mentioning the leaked screens. There's like 2 extremely shadowed and just in general, bad shots, that are side views, where it LOOKS like he has a larger mouth than he does in the new pictures.

In the front view, which is also shadowed, apart from looking much more larger, his face is rounder and consistent with the general look of him in the new pictures. Unless the SDCC footage was from 2 different scenes completely, I'm going to go ahead and make a crazy assumption that his head/mouth looks bigger because he's sticking his neck out in the side shots.

We already know his mouth's going to be bigger. Just look at the craigaat's picture.

Check my last post, I'm totally right.

Troy, him sticking his head out has nothing to do with the shape of his head or face.

I did you the favor of cropping everything out besides his head, including his neck and body. It's simply as head. The shape and details are completely different. Sure there are similarities, but you can't ignore the differences.

IuOjq.png

Troy, him sticking his head out has nothing to do with the shape of his head or face.

I did you the favor of cropping everything out besides his head, including his neck and body. It's simply as head. The shape and details are completely different. Sure there are similarities, but you can't ignore the differences.

IuOjq.png

You're stuck to that picture, man.

:|

What do you have to say about the FRONT view of him? The shape of his head looks completely different to the picture you posted. Why's that, then?

And by the way, the mouth is nowhere near as big as you think it is.

LizardMouth.jpg

well they did say one of his stages of transformation was more like Steve Ditko's work:

ASM6_Lizard.JPG
Well, his final design does. I think RIM confirmed that it's his final design overall, but it will look a little different on film.

Troy are you blind? No offense, but you clearly can't see the mouth very well on the side picture:

ZdIE7.png

Troy are you blind? No offense, but you clearly can't see the mouth very well on the side picture:

ZdIE7.png

I drew the line below the mouth on that picture, as it's already a blurry piece of ****. My point still stands though. :dry:

You didn't even answer my question as you seem to have an unusual obsession with this particular picture.

Why does his head look completely different in the front screenshot? I'm genuinely intrigued as to why his head would change shape mid-scene.

Something must be wrong with Troy if he can't see that there's a snout.

Something must be wrong with your eyes if you can't see that I never denied that his mouth looks different in that picture.

**** if I know man, I didn't design him. All I know is that we have three leaked things. A PEZ dispenser render, a piece of promo art, and a leaked screencap of the ****ing movie. I, for one, know which one I'm going to rely on in terms of accuracy...

He'll be green and Spidey will fight him. Give over.

**** if I know man, I didn't design him..

l0l.

__

I'll just wait for the trailer and/or (hopefully) a character still or poster or some sort before the trailer's released. Hope Sony just bites the bullet and releases SOMETHING officially of the Lizard soon.

Same here, I hate fighting with people. I'd rather be proven wrong than have to fight for pages on end over this ****.

Get your **** together Sony.

Keep in mind that you're looking at two different 2 dimensional images of the Lizard from the front, and another from the side.

I don't doubt one bit that the 2 images we have is the final look of the Lizard. You dont know how many times when it comes to superhero movies I've heard "oh it's not the final look" and when you see the movie, yes it's the final look.

I honestly don't mind the concept art OR the Pez dispenser design, I know it will look cool onscreen. However I am disappointed that this is how we got to see it. A freaking Pez dispenser.

Obviously the concept art is damage control leaked by the company itself. What it's just a coincidence that this picture comes out aday after the disappointing Lizard reveal?

I bet you some one at PEZ got in big **** for this.

I'm kind of glad that this whole reveal thing blew up in Sony's face. They should have known not to stretch it out THIS long.

Now, rather than an exciting reveal...

We saw the villain revealed first in the form of a cheap little toy that carries candy. w00t.

Keep in mind that you're looking at two different 2 dimensional images of the Lizard from the front, and another from the side.

I don't doubt one bit that the 2 images we have is the final look of the Lizard. You dont know how many times when it comes to superhero movies I've heard "oh it's not the final look" and when you see the movie, yes it's the final look.

I honestly don't mind the concept art OR the Pez dispenser design, I know it will look cool onscreen. However I am disappointed that this is how we got to see it. A freaking Pez dispenser.

Obviously the concept art is damage control leaked by the company itself. What it's just a coincidence that this picture comes out aday after the disappointing Lizard reveal?

I bet you some one at PEZ got in big **** for this.

The concept art wasn't damage control leaked by the company. RIM already confirmed that this was an accidental leak and that he knows who it was.

The reveal of Lizard has me so pumped. I can imagine before Spidey follows him into the sewer, he'll be swinging through the city, following a trail of destruction and pink and yellow lizard poop that looks like bricks.

I was getting really excited reading along with your post then got to the end of it and promptly made this face:

354.jpg

and then I lol'd.

It's all about the angle, I think.

Look at the blurry image. The bottom of his jaw is angled towards the camera, which hides the top of his head and snout, making it appear (slightly) longer and flatter than it is. As an example, look at the first 2 seconds of this video:

[YT]Jdx_zQLtme4[/YT]

I think the angle explains why there are differing opinions as to the shape of the lizards head within the same scene.

Another thing I've wondered is if they designed the lizards head to look different depending on the angle. How do you give a monster humanity? Perhaps the designed it so that from the side, he's most definitly a lizard, but if you change the angle to looking at him from the front, it appears as if he has a more human face.

Of course, the easiest explanation would be that there ARE stages of transformation, and they're wanting to hold off on showing us the more primal version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"