The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Amazing Spider-Man - Tie it in with the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

If TASM takes place after, why wasn't the battle mentioned at all in TASM? Not a single allusion to aliens or superheroes.

if TASM is set after the avengers why would what happened in the avengers be brought up at all? even in the MCU they didn't spend alot of time talking about the events in the other solo films, infact there were little hints in each film to link them together, and ironicly i believe TASM had 1 or 2 also

i think if they did link spiderman to MCU they would probably not explain where spiderman was or why it was never mentioned

I don't understand how it could be tied into the MCU. The Avengers final battle took place in New York. If TASM takes place before that, why wasn't Spider-Man involved in the battle? If TASM takes place after, why wasn't the battle mentioned at all in TASM? Not a single allusion to aliens or superheroes.

If it took place before the battle, Spidey was somewhere else in the city, off screen....The film was about the Avengers after all....
Same could be said for War Machine, the US Army, and even Daredevil.

if TASM is set after the avengers why would what happened in the avengers be brought up at all? even in the MCU they didn't spend alot of time talking about the events in the other solo films, infact there were little hints in each film to link them together, and ironicly i believe TASM had 1 or 2 also

i think if they did link spiderman to MCU they would probably not explain where spiderman was or why it was never mentioned

^Pretty much this :up:

Lol, don't forget the cranes in the TASM

I can confirm there aren't THAT many cranes conveniently lined up in Midtown usually.

Last edited:
I don't understand how it could be tied into the MCU. The Avengers final battle took place in New York. If TASM takes place before that, why wasn't Spider-Man involved in the battle? If TASM takes place after, why wasn't the battle mentioned at all in TASM? Not a single allusion to aliens or superheroes.

Both TASM and TASM 2 could take place before the events of The Avengers.

I don't think they gave any specific year to any of the MCU films.

As for TASM taking place in 2012, that'd have to be Fall 2012, but........Peter is a Senior, Class of 2012, which means he should be outta high school already.
That means the film might've been in Fall 2011 if he's really in the Class of 2012, unless he's Class of 2013, which would put it in Fall 2012 then.

I don't think they gave any specific year to any of the MCU films.

As for TASM taking place in 2012, that'd have to be Fall 2012, but........Peter is a Senior, Class of 2012, which means he should be outta high school already.
That means the film might've been in Fall 2011 if he's really in the Class of 2012, unless he's Class of 2013, which would put it in Fall 2012 then.

Hm... According to http://cdn3.superherohype.com/images/stories/2012/May/schedule-viral.jpg?1336419364 Peter's in the Class of 2012.

And you're definitely right about the movie taking place in the fall:

QJX4sXr.jpg

EPUWm8t.jpg

Guess I might've been a little quick with thinking it was set in 2012.

I suppose it must have taken place in 2011, then?

Yeah, Fall 2011 to be exact.

And if we say The Avengers took place in May 2012, then TASM definitely took place before that.

Maybe even TASM2, since they didn't graduate yet, according to the plot summary, which means it probably takes place only a few months after TASM and can possibly be placed before The Avengers too.

Er thats the same as saying where was Banner,CapAm and Thor when Mandarin was wrecking Havoc? Why was Stark left to deal with it alone?
And where was War Machine in The Avengers?

The Audience wont care as long as the movie is good

Personally I partially agree with your point

Both TASM and MCU were started with a set plan in the makers mind in which the other did not have a part,meaning that making an Avengers film with Spider-man or TASM2 with Nick Fury would have them shift a lot of things here and there and could possibly make the movies look bad(Like forcing Venom into SM3)

They should only do it if they have given it a thought and have ideas about how to make it happen,if not they should restrict on simple easter eggs

Last edited:
Yeah, Fall 2011 to be exact.

And if we say The Avengers took place in May 2012, then TASM definitely took place before that.

Maybe even TASM2, since they didn't graduate yet, according to the plot summary, which means it probably takes place only a few months after TASM and can possibly be placed before The Avengers too.

That actually makes pretty good sense. Wonder how Spidey's absence during an effin' Chitauri invasion would be explained, though... :dry:

truth is they will probably not feel the need to explain when what movie took place, I for one wont care, if Spider-Man shows up in an Avengers cameo, or Cap shows up in Spidey, etc, It wont matter, because it will be awesome to see regardless, i wouldnt let details that dont exist (ie, not thought out or worried about by the powers that be at the time of filming) ruin my enjoyment of it.

^ Kind of a closed minded way of thinking about it d:

You don't think he's interesting at all, yet you don't like the idea of Spidey part of a universe and prefer him being lone, yet you think he isn't that interesting.

Idgi

Not at all! I think Spider-Man is the greatest super hero of all time. He is so great, because he is all of us. He is a poor kid, he is unexceptional in every way, and that makes him amazing. His real super power is his character, and his strength of will. He is beaten, tattered, and torn apart. Everything he loves is destroyed and everyone turns their backs on him. His power is staying resolute.

Peter Parker isn't rich, he isn't super handsome, he isn't even popular. But he has been given the chance to change the world, and he sacrifices everything he has to give everyone else, the people that kicked him, spat on him, cursed his name, he gives them a chance. He saves them though they would more likely than not, let him die. He is the Jesus Christ of comics, and when you put him with the avengers, when you put him in a high tech jet, when you give him a lab with unlimited resources, he sort of loses his charm. He just becomes another Avenger.

Spider-Man is our personal Jesus, he is all of us.

That actually makes pretty good sense. Wonder how Spidey's absence during an effin' Chitauri invasion would be explained, though... :dry:

The most likely explanation is that he was off screen doing something else during the battle.

Would feel bad for him since The Avengers were the ones credited with saving the day xD

Spider-Man lives in Queens. The invasion took place in Manhattan yes? Would be LoLs to see him swing all the way down there and it's over.

Not everything has to be 100% seamlessly connected. ASM could be the X-Men Origins: Wolverine of the bunch.

It will happen sooner or later and you bet your ass Marvel wants it to happen....it's just in Sony's court to decide.

Who cares about how it all fits chronologically ? I just want the webslinger in the Avengers. I don't think most people will care so long as the movie is awesome.

I wanna see Black Widow........... take Spidey down with her signature leg lock swing move xD

Spider vs Spider

Last edited:
I want him to evade that and be all "Seriously?".

Agreed. I know they are trying to give Black Widow and incredible skill set to compensate for the "she doesn't even have superpowers, what's special about her" reactions, but Spider-Man at his prime is way more skilled than many people give him credit for

For example, in Ultimate Spider-Man he is a total loser screw up, and Avengers & SHIELD are always the ones who clean up the mess

Spider-Man lives in Queens. The invasion took place in Manhattan yes? Would be LoLs to see him swing all the way down there and it's over.

Not everything has to be 100% seamlessly connected. ASM could be the X-Men Origins: Wolverine of the bunch.

It will happen sooner or later and you bet your ass Marvel wants it to happen....it's just in Sony's court to decide.

Haha, would be both hilarious and actually make sense if he arrived too late to Manhattan, yeah.
But you're probably right about things not having to be seemlessly connected, though. The GA would probably not care or even know, about continuity errors.

I believe in the USM comics, when Fury first talked to Spidey, he told him that he is currently too young to be part of a bigger universe and when he reaches 18, he will be part of Fury's universe. Meanwhile, he will keep his eye on Spidey. I think it could be translated to the film.

I believe in the USM comics, when Fury first talked to Spidey, he told him that he is currently too young to be part of a bigger universe and when he reaches 18, he will be part of Fury's universe. Meanwhile, he will keep his eye on Spidey. I think it could be translated to the film.

Hm, that'd be pretty cool actually. They could probably play around with Peter being too young to join The Avengers, until the studios get their stuff together.

That wouldn't be a bad idea if Spidey were to be included in the wider MCU. It would stop him being automatically included on the Avengers team, but leave it open for crossovers for Civil War type stories.

Though if Fury were to show up then you'd sill have to show that he has some form of impact on Spidey's world since it would be a bit of a waste of time just for him to show up and say "we know you exist, but you're too young to do anything with you".

Has Disney proposed anything to Sony?

Has Disney proposed anything to Sony?

don't think anyone knows

we are just guessing because of the whole idea that oscorp would have appeared in the avengers but the design of oscorp wasn't finished or something and stark tower would have appeared in TASM also

so who knows

I wouldn't be surprised if the whole, Oscorp Tower was suppose to be in the Avengers, thing was complete ********, a rumor gone out of control.

That would suck.

Wasn't it pretty much officially confirmed? The Tower would have been in Avengers, but by the time they got the design, they were already finished with the CGI skyline and there was no time to add it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"