The Art of Mee: Part II

canarycolors_zpse0d6487a.jpg

TimmBatman_zps833be42c.jpg

TimmBatmanInks_zps739dd137.jpg

TimmBatmanColors_zpsdb29029b.jpg

fantastic job Mee. i'm pretty jealous

Wow Mee, you've come soo far, since your start. Your recent stuff is awesome. :)

Wow.
You have a wonderful array of artistic skills

Your pencils are clean and your handle on anatomical correctness is wonderful.

You have a mad inking style that is pretty tight. Only enhances your gorgeous pencils.

Your color picks are dead on. Bravo!

Give yourself a hug dude! Your good. Way better than me!

:self hug: Thanks so much

Colors on that Superman from a while back

superaww_zpsefbbeede.jpg

This based on that Turn promo image that's everywhere

TURN_zpsae187b9b.jpg

Study of a Paolo Rivera cover

riveraspidey_zps99e3335d.jpg

SpiderManWhite_zps8e2a9508.jpg

SpiderManBlack_zps32353a5f.jpg

SpiderManBlack2_zps81e8970a.jpg

As an exercise now and then I like to take a scene from a movie and sketch it out as a comic page. This time, I went way beyond a sketch, though not a full page. And I worked from actual movie stills instead of recomposing shots. I took 4 stills from the movie, shrunk, skewed and arranged them in a panel format that looked good to me (kind of went for what Miller did a lot in the book, big panels with little ones across the bottom), then went from there. I had just watched 300 whenever I started this, and this has always been one of my favorite scenes/moments, though it's a quieter one. I still don't consider myself much of a colorist, but maybe Mr Plinkett will appreciate those Eeeearth tooones (mostly borrowed from Lynn Varley's colors from the graphic novel). Manga Studio inks, Photoshop colors, Manga Studio again for the lettering.

300inks_zpsb4b46c7e.jpg

300final_zps059c3990.jpg

That's really good. :up:

Quite extraordinary art, Mee!!! :up:

Wow mee, your stuff is nothing short of incredible!!!! You're like an actual comic book artist!! Keep up the good work!

Mee when you're super famous can I be your personal assistant? Tell me where to send my resume.

Mee has inspired me (lol) to work harder on my drawings so I will one day be able to draw as freely and flawlessly in the comic book style. great stuff in this thread man!

Thanks guys, really means a lot that you're digging the work

PWN3R, first you must pick a blue flower at the base of a mountain...

Meantime here is my entry for this month's contest

HulkandDeadpool_zps6b1f92e1.jpg

this is such a great piece. i'm glad you went outside your norm to come up with something for the contest

Yeah me too, it was really refreshing (for lack of a better word, cause I always love drawing) to draw a character I'd never done and know hardly anything about.

New stuff

About 2 weeks' worth of doodles at work, plus Manga Studio inks/colors over one of the sketches

jan15sketchpg_zps392028a0.jpg

jan15sketchpg2_zps55bf47cf.jpg

JohnnyStormInks_zpse1c9d54c.jpg

JohnnyStormColor_zpsfc4e24c4.jpg

great stuff Mee. i'm going to have to get manga studio now. i just know it

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member