the astonishing WOLF -MAN

Ditto. Let WOLF-MAN have it's own stories for a while first. Besides, unless Invincible has some Superman-esque weakness against the supernatural, a fight wouldn't last long. ;)
I think we may be underestimating him abit.

We still don't have any true measure of just how powerful he is yet at all. The only thing we've seen Gary go up against is Spore and that obviously wasn't much of a fight. Knowing Kirkman, I doubt he's just an ordinary werewolf. If he can't go toe to toe with powerful super villians/nemesis, he wouldn't be much of a super hero.

Now I'm not yet saying he could win against Mark but he could very well end up being the Kirkman universe's version of the Hulk, except with, you know, brains.

Now I'm not yet saying he could win against Mark but he could very well end up being the Kirkman universe's version of the Hulk, except with, you know, brains.
Unless there's any hot woman nearby.:o

I think we may be underestimating him abit.

We still don't have any true measure of just how powerful he is yet at all. The only thing we've seen Gary go up against is Spore and that obviously wasn't much of a fight. Knowing Kirkman, I doubt he's just an ordinary werewolf. If he can't go toe to toe with powerful super villians/nemesis, he wouldn't be much of a super hero.

Invincible's come a long way since he started, which is part of the greatness of the book; seeing a young hero go from inexperienced to experienced, from "still a newb with powers" to becoming competant, and stronger every arc. Y'know, everything ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN could have done, but failed to.

Wolf-Man fighting Invincible from, say, the first 2 years of his book would have been a fight. Now, advantage Invincible, unless Wolfy gets more experience solo, which is the optimal choice. Or Viltrumites have some weakness against supernatural opponents that we haven't seen yet. But that is in the future.

I liked that #2 seemed to make you think Gary had Wolf-Man under total control until the end, when we see he still has a long way to go. Sex is basically involving hormones and whatnot, and werewolves are triggered by all that stuff. His poor wife is going to need therapy after a while.

Wolf-Man fighting Invincible from, say, the first 2 years of his book would have been a fight. Now, advantage Invincible, unless Wolfy gets more experience solo, which is the optimal choice. Or Viltrumites have some weakness against supernatural opponents that we haven't seen yet. But that is in the future.
I understand completely where you're coming from but I was speaking more from a "potential" perspective rather than pure skill, obviously Mark is going to win that and the power advantage seems to be on his side at the moment. Right now, we don't know the limits to wolfy M's powers, I wasn't arguing that Gary could beat Invincible, I was more insinuating that at one point there could come a time where they could have one hell of a brawl, even if the odds are in Invincible' favor and he's destined to ultimately beat the snot out of Poor Gary.

I've just started to catch up on Invincible so forgive me if this is coming off as abit ignorant.

I liked that #2 seemed to make you think Gary had Wolf-Man under total control until the end, when we see he still has a long way to go. Sex is basically involving hormones and whatnot, and werewolves are triggered by all that stuff. His poor wife is going to need therapy after a while.
I don't think that was the point.

Looking at the page, It seemed to me it was the full moon that turned Gary just like the first time, not his wife. The one night he'll never have control. Kind of a way to even out the "why the hell is this a curse again?" ecstasy he was experiencing.

I do like the idea of him having certain triggers aswell, rather than the ordinary solution of always knowing when to be ready for the transformation.

I understand completely where you're coming from but I was speaking more from a "potential" perspective rather than pure skill, obviously Mark is going to win that and the power advantage seems to be on his side at the moment. Right now, we don't know the limits to wolfy M's powers, I wasn't arguing that Gary could beat Invincible, I was more insinuating that at one point there could come a time where they could have one hell of a brawl, even if the odds are in Invincible' favor and he's destined to ultimately beat the snot out of Poor Gary.

I've just started to catch up on Invincible so forgive me if this is coming off as abit ignorant.

You're not ignorant. It is a valid point that we don't know Wolf-Man's exact power levels yet. He's just started out. He can leap tall buildings with a single bound and rend the flesh of animals, people, superheroes and supervillain monsters without any issue. In theory, his only physical weakness would be silver, as classically, most werewolfs heal quickly and were vulnerable to that.

Dr. Chaos said:
I don't think that was the point.

Looking at the page, It seemed to me it was the full moon that turned Gary just like the first time, not his wife. The one night he'll never have control. Kind of a way to even out the "why the hell is this a curse again?" ecstasy he was experiencing.

I do like the idea of him having certain triggers aswell, rather than the ordinary solution of always knowing when to be ready for the transformation.

You're right about the full moon, that bit I missed. Yeah, it makes sense that on that one night when the lunar energy is strongest, he loses control, at least for now. Keep things interesting.

Plus if he can tear apart that Superior guy so easily, how could he not at least hurt Invincible, but I personally want him to have that Silver Kryptonite effect classic to werewolves, that's something that bothers me about the Hulk. He's so strong but nothing can stop him. Maybe even make it so he can hold off savage transformation with a silver pendant or something.

O and your right, Invincible pretty much did what Ultimate Spider-Man set out to do, except a trillion-thousand-hundred times better.;)

I personally don't want Gary to have total control over his wolf-form, like if he gets too pumped in a fight he reverts to instincts and Gary loses control. Give him this struggle where he can control it....to a point, but at least let him bang his wife. :(

Plus if he can tear apart that Superior guy so easily, how could he not at least hurt Invincible, but I personally want him to have that Silver Kryptonite effect classic to werewolves, that's something that bothers me about the Hulk. He's so strong but nothing can stop him. Maybe even make it so he can hold off savage transformation with a silver pendant or something.

O and your right, Invincible pretty much did what Ultimate Spider-Man set out to do, except a trillion-thousand-hundred times better.;)

I personally don't want Gary to have total control over his wolf-form, like if he gets too pumped in a fight he reverts to instincts and Gary loses control. Give him this struggle where he can control it....to a point, but at least let him bang his wife. :(

Now that I knew what to look for, that panel with the FULL MOON was rather obvious. It does seem like that one night he may not have full control over his rage, or at least it becomes harder.

We don't know Superior's power level, whether he was beyond human beings in a way as Invincible is. But, yeah, Wolf-Man is not a weakling.

Silver is a classic werewolf weakness; I can't imagine Kirkman ignoring it. Even Black Bull's SHADOW-REAVERS series, that basically made werewolves into shapeshifters, used silver. I agree with you about Hulk; his sheer physical unbeatability usually made him boring to be in many ways. It is very difficult for him to lose a battle, and when he does it almost seems like exposition. Still, the Hulk has been all over the place for some years so it could work for Gary/Wolf-Man to take that anti-hero/monster dynamic.

O your right, maybe Kirk will make it that on full moons he transforms without consent or control. Its funny two issues in and we're talking about it and examining it like its issue 20. That demonstrates. the great pacing.

O your right, maybe Kirk will make it that on full moons he transforms without consent or control. Its funny two issues in and we're talking about it and examining it like its issue 20. That demonstrates. the great pacing.

Precisely.

i've read it and i liked it and i'm gonna keep reading it and plus new characters need to gain support and this character is fresh and new something comics need.

i asked about WOLF-MAN at my cbs yesterday the clerk says he hasn't gotten any since issue 0

Picked up Wolf-Man recently and got around to reading it just now.

Loved it, Kirkman nails another one out of the park.

Picked up Wolf-Man recently and got around to reading it just now.

Loved it, Kirkman nails another one out of the park.

He really does.

IMO, Kirkman's worst book is Ultimate X-Men, which, proving life is unfair, outsells all his other books, almost combined.

But, yeah, go WOLF-MAN.

I didn't think his work on Marvel Team Up was so hot either to be honest.

You get the idea that he cares more about his Image stuff than his Marvel stuff?

No, but I think maybe he does better when he has a greater degree of control over where he wants to take the book. Not to mention they are "his" characters. He knows them inside and out.

I didn't say that. I'm only saying that I think its possible that his Marvel work doesn't stack up to his Image stuff because the latter are his characters. He created them and therefore likely has a better grapple on them.

Makes sense. I read some of his Marvel Zombies stuff and I enjoyed it as well.

Yeah, I liked Marvel Zombies too, though to be frankly honest I liked Marvel Zombies vs. Army of Darkness better.

Well, I've only read Marvel Zombies vs. AoD, so I can't compare the two.

Kirkman actually didn't write Marvel Zombies vs Army of Darkness. That was John Layman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"