Sequels 2014

Agreed! There is hope for a Strange movie in the very near future. Everything finally points to that.
By the hairy hoards of Hoggoth, it's a great time we live in. (CBM wise)

My take on the MCU- loved all the films so far and think Avengers was the best of the bunch, it now being my all time fav film. It was practically a masterpiece. Assembling such different characters so successfully so that they all slot together and are all totally believable was a heck of an achievement, that and the actors who portrayed them all being perfectly cast inc the best Banner/Hulk so far. By far the most entertaining comicbook film of all time and imo best too.

So are we all thinking 2014 is going to be Cap 2/ Ant-Man/ GOTG?
Cap’s confirmed, Ant-Man is listed on imdb and GOTG is confirmed without a date. If this is the plan with A2 to follow in 2015 I’m down with that. I think this would be the ideal schedule. RDJ and Ruffalo are not getting any younger and while it don’t really matter as Stark wears a suit and the Hulk is the Hulk no matter what age Banner is, I guess it just looks better if they are not getting long in the tooth.

Initially I REALLY wanted another Hulk film for phase two but it does not look like it’s gonna happen now. I’m fine with that as long as Hulk gets a solo film in phase III. Personally I quite liked that TIH was pretty much absent of humour and slightly darker than the other films. I would love another Hulk film similar in tone, but I worry that if he ever does get another film they may play him for laughs too much based on the success of the Hulk laughs in Avengers (which were well balanced with the scary/serious Hulk scenes such as Hulk perusing Widow on the Hellicarrier).

A ‘Planet Hulk’ film in Phase III could be incredible, heh. Or how about a ‘Hulk The End’ based on the comic set long after the events of A3? That would be awesome. I guess I’d just like to see a Hulk film that is totally different to what has gone before instead of just Hulk in present day USA taking on his next adversary cue The Leader. Also generally speaking, although I think the tone of Avengers was spot on, it would be nice to see another MS film that dropped the humour entirely and was serious throughout.

Finally, the whole Star Wars thing… part of me thinks it would be really cool if Thanos defeats ‘em all at the and of A2, it would show how powerful he is….. But the other part of me thinks it would be lame because it has already been done in TESB and SW fanboys would then always say the Avengers films ripped off SW. It’s difficult because that’s how you tell a story- there’s always a bit in the middle were it looks like everything is going wrong. Star Wars was just the first one to stretch the formula over a series of films. Of course, Thanos may be saved for A3 with him sending another enemy to Earth for A2 (which the Avengers would defeat). I think this would be a better idea so as to avoid comparisons with SW, PLUS it would throw the audience a curveball as now everyone expects Thanos to be the opponent in A2.

Q’s-

1) Does anyone think Cap might have exposed ears in CA2?
2) I read that the Ant-Man film is a standalone and Wright does not intend for it to set the character up to join The Avengers. Is this true? If so- lame.
3) Ruffalo has signed a six-film contract; does this mean we will definitely see him in six films? What are the chances of him being in IM3?
4) IM3 is based on Extremis, was it in that story Stark got a liquid metal suit? And do you think we will see a liquid metal Iron Man armour in any future films?
5) Do you think Cap will get laid in CA2? It slightly bothered me that he is still probably a virgin in TA.

My take on the MCU- loved all the films so far and think Avengers was the best of the bunch, it now being my all time fav film. It was practically a masterpiece. Assembling such different characters so successfully so that they all slot together and are all totally believable was a heck of an achievement, that and the actors who portrayed them all being perfectly cast inc the best Banner/Hulk so far. By far the most entertaining comicbook film of all time and imo best too.

So are we all thinking 2014 is going to be Cap 2/ Ant-Man/ GOTG?
Cap’s confirmed, Ant-Man is listed on imdb and GOTG is confirmed without a date. If this is the plan with A2 to follow in 2015 I’m down with that. I think this would be the ideal schedule. RDJ and Ruffalo are not getting any younger and while it don’t really matter as Stark wears a suit and the Hulk is the Hulk no matter what age Banner is, I guess it just looks better if they are not getting long in the tooth.

Initially I REALLY wanted another Hulk film for phase two but it does not look like it’s gonna happen now. I’m fine with that as long as Hulk gets a solo film in phase III. Personally I quite liked that TIH was pretty much absent of humour and slightly darker than the other films. I would love another Hulk film similar in tone, but I worry that if he ever does get another film they may play him for laughs too much based on the success of the Hulk laughs in Avengers (which were well balanced with the scary/serious Hulk scenes such as Hulk perusing Widow on the Hellicarrier).

A ‘Planet Hulk’ film in Phase III could be incredible, heh. Or how about a ‘Hulk The End’ based on the comic set long after the events of A3? That would be awesome. I guess I’d just like to see a Hulk film that is totally different to what has gone before instead of just Hulk in present day USA taking on his next adversary cue The Leader. Also generally speaking, although I think the tone of Avengers was spot on, it would be nice to see another MS film that dropped the humour entirely and was serious throughout.

Finally, the whole Star Wars thing… part of me thinks it would be really cool if Thanos defeats ‘em all at the and of A2, it would show how powerful he is….. But the other part of me thinks it would be lame because it has already been done in TESB and SW fanboys would then always say the Avengers films ripped off SW. It’s difficult because that’s how you tell a story- there’s always a bit in the middle were it looks like everything is going wrong. Star Wars was just the first one to stretch the formula over a series of films. Of course, Thanos may be saved for A3 with him sending another enemy to Earth for A2 (which the Avengers would defeat). I think this would be a better idea so as to avoid comparisons with SW, PLUS it would throw the audience a curveball as now everyone expects Thanos to be the opponent in A2.

Q’s-

2) I read that the Ant-Man film is a standalone and Wright does not intend for it to set the character up to join The Avengers. Is this true? If so- lame.
3) Ruffalo has signed a six-film contract; does this mean we will definitely see him in six films? What are the chances of him being in IM3?
4) IM3 is based on Extremis, was it in that story Stark got a liquid metal suit? And do you think we will see a liquid metal Iron Man armour in any future films?
5) Do you think Cap will get laid in CA2? It slightly bothered me that he is still probably a virgin in TA.

I think when all is said and done, 2014 will read "CA2, Ant-Man, and GOTG," yeah, but the fact that Feige uses the singular instead of the plural in saying they're introducing "A CHARACTER" would tend to drop GOTG out of the running. In which case 2014 is most likely "CA2, Ant-Man, and Dr. Strange."

That's based on info that's years old. When Wright first came aboard for Ant-Man, Marvel was in a different place. Back then, the shared universe concept didn't exist, and superhero films were still understood to be separate universes. The MCU has evolved since then, and I'm sure Feige has impressed upon Wright that he wants the Ant-Man film to be part of that. And I'm sure that Wright, as a huge comic book nerd, is well aware that both Marvel and its fanbase prefer the shared universe, and that he probably doesn't have a problem with that at all.

The Ant-Man script has three or four drafts, depending on who you ask or which blog you check.

1) Hope so. The ear covers are lame beyond belief, and make no sense.
2) Answered in previous post.
3) Feige definitively said Ruffalo will not be in IM3, but definitively said Ruffalo *will* return in future movies.
4) Not a liquid metal suit, per se; Extremis is a collection of millions of tiny nanobots. But yeah, the effect will look like the armor magically materializing on Tony's body.
5) Yes, I'm willing to bet Cap gets laid in CA2. And personally, I don't believe there's anything that shows he *didn't* get laid in CATFA; he just didn't get with Peggy. A lot of fans just idealize that relationship and don't want to believe that Sir Pureheart Paladin could have had one-night stands with nurses, USO showgirls and French prostitutes while carrying a torch for his One True Love.

5) Yes, I'm willing to bet Cap gets laid in CA2. And personally, I don't believe there's anything that shows he *didn't* get laid in CATFA; he just didn't get with Peggy. A lot of fans just idealize that relationship and don't want to believe that Sir Pureheart Paladin could have had one-night stands with nurses, USO showgirls and French prostitutes while carrying a torch for his One True Love.

Yea, never thought of that. Good point. But I do want it to be clarified in Cap2 so movie goers stop calling him a virgin.

You make him sound like he was on his stag do/ bachelor party instead of fighting the war. :dry:

Hey, a guy like that, in a war, I'm guessing has gotta blow off some steam at night just keep sane.

Agreed! There is hope for a Strange movie in the very near future. Everything finally points to that.
By the hairy hoards of Hoggoth, it's a great time we live in. (CBM wise)

I didnt know much about Doctor Strange until i started reading the boards here i watched Doctor Strange on Spiderman Ulimited..Im just not seeing how he fits into MCU...if it was a separate film that didnt have to do with the Avengers i could see it happening but Strange connected with Avengers seems like an odd choice for an Avengers ( is he even an Avenger in the comics?) not hating just confused on seeing how doctor strange fits into the equation..his concept is kinda cool

I didnt know much about Doctor Strange until i started reading the boards here i watched Doctor Strange on Spiderman Ulimited..Im just not seeing how he fits into MCU...if it was a separate film that didnt have to do with the Avengers i could see it happening but Strange connected with Avengers seems like an odd choice for an Avengers ( is he even an Avenger in the comics?) not hating just confused on seeing how doctor strange fits into the equation..his concept is kinda cool

No one said he should be an Avenger. Just part of the MCU. SS doesn't belong in any other team than the Defenders IMO for which he would be a good starting point in the MCU

Not all the characters in the MCU will be tied into the Avengers; Feige has made that clear.

However, Strange *has* been an Avenger in recent years, so there is comic-book precedent. Dunno if that's how the movie universe wants to play it, though.

I prefer if Marvel sets up the Defenders as a movie franchise instead of using Strange in the Avengers. That way you can have Strange, Hulk, Namor and Surfer, as well as Valkyrie, Nighthawk and Hellcat, without needing to shell out money for RDJ, Sam Jackson, Scarlett Johansson and the others associated with the Avengers franchise.

It's still a team up, and has the Hulk in it (who has proved popular with audiences, particularly in a team) but also gets to utilise some of the other Marvel characters who might fall into the background had they all been in an Avengers movie.

Surfer, of course, is dependent on getting back the FF rights, but even without him a Defenders movie would still work.

I'd prefer a solo Silver Surfer film, that could be amazing and totally distinct from all the other cb movies.

I prefer if Marvel sets up the Defenders as a movie franchise instead of using Strange in the Avengers. That way you can have Strange, Hulk, Namor and Surfer, as well as Valkyrie, Nighthawk and Hellcat, without needing to shell out money for RDJ, Sam Jackson, Scarlett Johansson and the others associated with the Avengers franchise.

It's still a team up, and has the Hulk in it (who has proved popular with audiences, particularly in a team) but also gets to utilise some of the other Marvel characters who might fall into the background had they all been in an Avengers movie.

Surfer, of course, is dependent on getting back the FF rights, but even without him a Defenders movie would still work.
If Doctor Strange and Namor movies are made, I can't imagine them not looking to make a Defenders movie--solo movies leading into team-up movies is awesome! =P

Plus, it would help to continue expanding the MCU beyond just the Avengers world! "Avengers, you've become part of a bigger universe. You just don't know it yet."

If a Namor movie is made i would like to see an Invaders film.

May 3, 2013 - Iron Man 3

November 8, 2013 - Thor 2

April 4, 2014 - Captain America 2

June 13, 2014 - The Incredible Hulk 2

May 1, 2015 - The Avengers 2

That’s just my wishlist.

I like the way you think!! I Love Valkyrie, I hope Rhona Mitra goes for that role if Defenders does ever happen, and Brunhilde is added...

I think that would be so cool because essentially Marvel could keep People waiting a little Longer than Normal for Avengers 3... having a Strange Film maybe in 2014 or 2015, then a Defenders film and Guardians of the Galaxy by 2016 or 2017 plus all the other solo films in between...

So that when you have Avengers 3 and Thanos finally comes out as the Big Bad, (I Think Avengers 2, will introduce him, maybe find out a little more about him in Guardians and Thor 3, before You see him in all his awesome glory in Avengers 3)...

That way, You actually have quite a number of Heroes actually taking him on, Three Teams of Heroes ... for a Villain like Thanos how can you just have 6 Avengers battling him!!

I honestly don't see Marvel ever stepping foot near the Defenders (at least not within the next decade) .... it's cannibalizing what they started with the Avengers. All this Dark Avengers, West Coast Avengers, Invaders, Defenders stuff is redundant. They need to stick to keep things fresh, otherwise they may over-complicate things and back themselves into a corner.

Last edited:
You make him sound like he was on his stag do/ bachelor party instead of fighting the war. :dry:

No soldier fights all the time. They have time for R&R, too. Steve also spent months touring with those gorgeous USO girls, so there was plenty of opportunity during that time. Not to mention all of those adoring, sometimes beautiful fans he met along the way. In Britain there were local girls available even (maybe especially) during wartime. Quite a few guys on the Cap threads have said that Steve is so pure of heart that he would never "cheat" on Peggy, even though they weren't in a relationship. That is nonsense, IMO.

I kinda like the idea of a planet hulk live action film .. I never read the comics but I saw the movie on Netflix very cool concept but I can only see maybe after like avengers III .. So hulk does something so outragious he is exiled like ramping around new York in the ultimates I like mcu is branching out but I do hope they return to the hulk I'm honest so excited for phase II and III

I kinda like the idea of a planet hulk live action film .. I never read the comics but I saw the movie on Netflix very cool concept but I can only see maybe after like avengers III .. So hulk does something so outragious he is exiled like ramping around new York in the ultimates I like mcu is branching out but I do hope they return to the hulk I'm honest so excited for phase II and III

Re: a Planet Hulk film, they could just change the premise- instead of Hulk being exiled from Earth by his friends, he could be be transported to planet Sakaar by another scenario.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"