Sequels The Avengers casting thread

Sold!

(she needs to build some toned body mass though)

2181014-detail.jpg
three-out__3__473587a.jpg

Last edited:
So I guess there are basically two threads for this now, lol. Heroes I'd like to see in the MCU soon...

Black Panther
chiwetelejiofor.jpg

Chiwetel Ejiofor

Ms. Marvel
yvonnestrahovskilonghai.jpg

Yvonne Strahovski (one of the few fan-faves I've always agreed with)

Iron Fist
lhtum0brb7.jpg

Liam Hemsworth - I know there will be some objections to this, but what can I say - he and Armie Hammer are the only two blonde, privileged-looking young actors (since Danny's supposed to be 19 when he returns to our world from K'un-L'un) I can think of working in movies right now whom I could also buy kicking some a**. And the fact is, I CAN'T STAND Armie Hammer, so I was left with Liam. As for his brother being Thor, I think the characters are styled so differently (one clean-cut, the other with long hair and a beard) and speak so differently that it wouldn't be an issue.

Luke Cage

darkblueomarihardwick2.jpg

Omari Hardwick

And Dr. Strange, who I don't have one casting preference for at all, but I'd be perfectly happy if he were played by any of these actors...

johnnydeppu.jpg
joeledgertonthumb550x30.jpg

jdujtumblrlyidyqdvaz1rn.jpg
leepacepremierebreaking.jpg

viggomortensen1.jpg

Last edited:
Can we please use size appropriate pictures in here so that the thread doesn't get stretched out? As it's been said there seems to be 2 of these threads now, however this one has more discussion and mindsets being used compared to the other one. Can we please continue keeping the threads similar yet different so that they don't merge into one clustercluck?

Great pic and it really sells it, but what the heck are those shorts doing on her? She should have more of a bikini bottom with leg showing.

I think She-Hulk shouldn't be completely CGI like the Hulk, because she's not as much of a monster like the Hulk. They should use Movie Reshape on the actress instead.

[YT]zXSj4pcl9Ao[/YT]

That way she can be completely played by the actress and still look like her, but with her height, muscles and proportions enhanced and can be digitally coloured green.

She-Hulk has to look much more believably like a real woman who completely blends in with others than Hulk.

Great pic and it really sells it, but what the heck are those shorts doing on her? She should have more of a bikini bottom with leg showing.

Dunno, I found it on google awhile back. I suspect they went with pants to make her look a little less stripper-ish however.

I think She-Hulk shouldn't be completely CGI like the Hulk, because she's not as much of a monster like the Hulk. They should use Movie Reshape on the actress instead.

[YT]zXSj4pcl9Ao[/YT]

That way she can be completely played by the actress and still look like her, but with her height, muscles and proportions enhanced and can be digitally coloured green.

She-Hulk has to look much more believably like a real woman who completely blends in with others than Hulk.

yeah, something like this was what I was getting at, it didn't seem like an entirely new cg model for she hulk would be required.

But whatevs, the experts will handle it. that's why ILM is rich and I'm posting from a cardboard box.

Last edited:
Adam Scott - Hank Pym

Untitled-11.png

Abbie Cornish - Ms. Marvel

Untitled-3-4.png

Now Abbie Cornish as Ms. Marvel is an actress I can get behind.:up:

Adam Scott as Ant-Man could be brilliant.

Last edited:
Fantastic choices, Eddie. I've got a new favourite for Carol and Scott could actually make me care about Pym. :yay:

Perfect. The good thing about getting Gemma is she's a real actress which is important for a role like Wanda because you'll eventually need to show her breakdown and her mental issues.

Note, the Thor actor *did* have to be sexy, and they made a point of the female characters swooning over him.
That's different to making Thor wear speedos and getting into sexy shenanigans though.

By the way, I like the idea of Jean Dujardin in a Marvel movie but I was hoping for him to play Batroc the Leaper

By the way, I like the idea of Jean Dujardin in a Marvel movie but I was hoping for him to play Batroc the Leaper
Well I think it's safe to say he's got a better chance of playing that than Dr. Strange, lol. I was just in the midst of a Dujardin marathon a couple months ago when I learned that the last name "Strange" was actually French, and suddenly I couldn't get the idea of him as Strange out of my head. I know it would never happen though. And he'd probably be too old to play Batroc by the time they got around to that character, so I doubt we'll ever see him in the MCU, sadly.

28rzc6c.jpg

Also like Viggo for Strange, that's a good pick. I'd definitely go with an older guy though.

I'm still partial to Adrien Brody for Dr. Strange.

adrien-brody-mustache.png

Ms Marvel: Alice Eve
K0BVH.jpg

Thanos: Ving Rhames
8h6PT.jpg

Dr. Strange: Bryan Cranston
gx0WO.jpg

Black Panther: Aldis Hodge
kXoM9.jpg

Captain Marvel: Jon Hamm
Qbvum.jpg

Adam Warlock: Ewan McGregor