Sequels The Avengers casting thread

I'm still partial to Adrien Brody for Dr. Strange.

adrien-brody-mustache.png
i like brody for strange too because he is young enough for a franchise. neeson is too old so is depp and mortenson.

I reject the idea that you MUST cast a young guy for franchise potential. I've never liked the 'too old' argument and I like it even less here.

I've always looked at Strange as an older, more suave gentleman and in fact I'll go so far as to say that if I were in charge of the Dr. Strange movie, I'd place his accident/origin/training sometime in the mid 70's/early 80's and say that he's been defending the MCU from various supernatural threats all this time and none of us were the wiser because he's smart and capable and tricky enough to keep a low profile.

Neeson has the look, he has the dramatic range, he has the maturity I associate with Strange, he has the voice for shouting weird things like 'Hoary Hosts Of Hoggoth' without sounding cheesy.

He was just in Battleship for gods sake. He wouldn't sneer at a Dr. Strange script, I bet.

The more I think about it the more I like it. And the more I like it the more I'll spam it whenever the question comes up lol

Last edited:
Adrian Brody is charisma-free.
Agreed.

And age doesn't really matter for Dr. Strange, imo. I mean, let's not go casting 80-year-olds (sorry Eastwood), but Dr. Strange totally works as a more mature guy. I mean, as far as I'm aware, he's usually portrayed as such anyway.

Agreed.

And age doesn't really matter for Dr. Strange, imo. I mean, let's not go casting 80-year-olds (sorry Eastwood), but Dr. Strange totally works as a more mature guy. I mean, as far as I'm aware, he's usually portrayed as such anyway.

Exactly. Dr. Strange *is* a guy in his 40s, period. His story begins with him as a master surgeon; sorry, Doogie Howser, but there just aren't any *young* master surgeons out there.

Who the hell is *that*....? :wow:
Dunno how her acting is, but she's got the bod and the look for Tigra, I'll give you that.

I cannot abide this Adrien Brody bashing. Guy's a great actor.

While I don't necessarily want Strange in an Avengers movie, he is a character that an older actor definitely works for. I've always pictured him as a guy in his 40s. Depp, for example, is only two years older than RDJ, and he'll, they will probably both outlive all of us in our 20s posting on SHH.

Oscar Isaac is the guy for Strange. He's constantly stealing scenes in every film he's in and manages to elevate crappy films like Robin Hood or Sucker Punch. He's on the cusp of stardom and Marvel should scoop him up quick.

11.png

Untitled-aa1.png

I reject the idea that you MUST cast a young guy for franchise potential. I've never liked the 'too old' argument and I like it even less here.

I've always looked at Strange as an older, more suave gentleman and in fact I'll go so far as to say that if I were in charge of the Dr. Strange movie, I'd place his accident/origin/training sometime in the mid 70's/early 80's and say that he's been defending the MCU from various supernatural threats all this time and none of us were the wiser because he's smart and capable and tricky enough to keep a low profile.

Neeson has the look, he has the dramatic range, he has the maturity I associate with Strange, he has the voice for shouting weird things like 'Hoary Hosts Of Hoggoth' without sounding cheesy.

He was just in Battleship for gods sake. He wouldn't sneer at a Dr. Strange script, I bet.

The more I think about it the more I like it. And the more I like it the more I'll spam it whenever the question comes up lol

I'm going to go with this one. Nesson would add a lot more to Dr. Strange than... anyone else we've named (except maybe Clive Owen). Plus at his age, being the guy who has to start over is interesting. I think he would really sell the film.

Also, Abbie Cornish as Ms. Marvel just hit me as particularly brilliant. She a talented drama actress and an action girl. Can't really beat that.

I don't like Abbie Cornish as Ms Marvel.

Maybe because I found her dull in Sucker Punch.

Well, she was dull in Sucker Punch, no doubt about that. She's pretty great elsewhere. So, yeah, she's not good enough to save a bad movie.

I wonder what happened to those people who said David Tennant should play The Vision. I still like the idea. I'm intrigued by how they could get The Vision to work visually.

Exactly. Dr. Strange *is* a guy in his 40s, period. His story begins with him as a master surgeon; sorry, Doogie Howser, but there just aren't any *young* master surgeons out there.

Brody will be 40 next year. I wouldn't mind going a bit older but I think Neeson is too old. I just think that Brody has a good look for Dr. Strange and has enough experience, chops, and name recognition to headline the movie, but not so much so that he over takes the role like Depp would.

Oscar Isaac is the guy for Strange. He's constantly stealing scenes in every film he's in and manages to elevate crappy films like Robin Hood or Sucker Punch. He's on the cusp of stardom and Marvel should scoop him up quick.

11.png

Untitled-aa1.png

Would not be against this but you would most certainly need to surround him with names.

I like the idea of Brody for Strange. I loved him and Ruffalo in The Brothers Bloom.

However, Benedict Cumberbatch is awesome as well and what about Emma Hiddleston?

Her brother isn't the only talented one in the family.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"