The Avengers The Avengers Critics Reviews Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The b**** just wants attention. How else do you stand out from the crowd, while at the same time generate more traffic, not only on her employer's site, but on RT's site as well, then by going against the grain and posting such a ridiculous diatribe and then bragging about it? She, boxoffice.com, and RT are LOVING this.

The b**** just wants attention. How else do you stand out from the crowd, while at the same time generate more traffic, not only on her employer's site, but on RT's site as well, then by going against the grain and posting such a ridiculous diatribe and then bragging about it? She, boxoffice.com, and RT are LOVING this.

I think you're overestimating the nerd outrage on this one. Believe it or not, it's only a very tiny minority of the internet that is obsessing over The Avengers early RT score.

Dude just ignore her review, I know there are more negative comments coming I can deal with that but her review is pointless. Check her other movie reviews she gave Green Lantern, Green Hornet and Drive Angry a fresh rating. :doh:

I think you're overestimating the nerd outrage on this one. Believe it or not, it's only a very tiny minority of the internet that is obsessing over The Avengers early RT score.

That's true. I guess the point I was trying to make was whatever attention they've gotten in the last few days is probably more than they would've gotten if she had given it a 'fresh' review. It's like the old saying "there's no such thing as bad publicity". But you're right...in the grand scheme of things it's barely a blip on the radar. It just seems louder from our vantage point. :yay:

New Question

Is Avengers Assemble better than Avengers cartoon series?

I liked X-Men and X-Men 2 very much, but I liked X-Men cartoon series even more

I like Iron Man, Thor and Captain America, but I like Avengers cartoon even more

So Will I like Avengers Assemble even more than the cartoon?

Dude just ignore her review, I know there are more negative comments coming I can deal with that but her review is pointless. Check her other movie reviews she gave Green Lantern, Green Hornet and Drive Angry a fresh rating. :doh:

Oh, I'm not giving it any credence. Once I found out about her reviews of those films you mentioned, her credibility went out the window as far as I'm concerned.

In RT ratings system, it is left to the reviewer whether he wants it as rotten or fresh.

For example take the case of Green Lantern, Roger Ebert gave it 2.5 stars out of 4, yet he listed it as Rotten in the RT site.

It is a matter of personal preference (of the reviewers)

It does not matter if she gave it 1/5 or 5/5, her credibility was out the window as soon as she called Sam Jackson character Nick Frost :doh:

No offense, but why are we still fixating on one review out of 26?

As for Rotten Tomatoes itself, nobody is saying you should decide whether you go to see a movie based purely on what the RT rating is. However, the RT rating *is* a half way decent estimate of how critics overall like a movie, and thus correlates somewhat with how many *other* people go to see a movie. Which, for those of us who actually care about a franchise, *is* important. There's more to the world than just you, and the perfect movie for you is a failure if no one else sees it, no matter how much you like it.

It looks like all good reviews are coming in, so this one wont be a big deal. Not like Avengers could ever get a 100%!

I just wish we could get honest reviews, not garbage like she posted. It was nothing more than to lure fanboys in and boost website traffic. There is a reason Armond White is still around.

It does not matter if she gave it 1/5 or 5/5, her credibility was out the window as soon as she called Sam Jackson character Nick Frost :doh:

It was a typo...

I mean, dislike the review all you want. Say she doesn't have credibility all you want, but base it on the review, not the fact she typed a word wrong.

It was a typo...

I mean, dislike the review all you want. Say she doesn't have credibility all you want, but base it on the review, not the fact she typed a word wrong.

Have to agree with this, I transpose words all the time and imo it's a little petty to slam someone for it.

Your obsessing over her review. Her one review doesn't really effect the big picture.

I would have to disagree.. while it's really a shame that a critic reviewer doesn't know the name of the character, that's the point of reviewing a movie! Not ever reviewer is a Marvel-fanboy that has been waiting years and years for this adaption to come alive! The general public might not know him name compared to others like Hulk, and Iron Man and maybe the fact that she doesn't know the correct spelling of his name is at the fault of not properly introducing his character in the movie...

Please, don't lower this site to gendered insults. There are enough on RT. Why quantify her idiocy as womanhood? She is clearly looking for hits and can't be bothered getting the details right, such as one of the main character's name. Her opinion is discredited for that alone.

Last edited:
Getting a character's name wrong when you are supposed to be a professional reviewer just makes that person seem less legitimate, regardless of whether or not she gave a good review.

I don't see the problem with that someone didn't like The Avengers very much. It's a matter of taste, which is entirely subjective, so it should be natural that people like different kinds of film. A film that pleases everyone is probably very safe and kind of boring.

The only think I can say that I clearly dislike is her illogical use of the 5-graded scale, as I don't see the point in using more than one grade to show that something is bad. If it's bad people don't want to see it so it doesn't matter how bad it is.

Please, don't lower this site to gendered insults. There are enough on RT. Why quantify her idiocy as womanhood? She is clearly looking for hits and can't be bothered getting the details right, such as one of the main character's name. Her opinion is discredited for that alone.

My apologies. SHE just wants attention. And I have to agree about the importance of getting a character's proper name correct. It's one thing to accidentally write "there" instead of "their" or "your" instead of "you're", but to get an entire last name wrong certainly calls into question her credibility. Maybe she did it on purpose just to be a s**t disturber. Who knows? God forbid someone write a review about her precious 'Twilight' films and say something like "This latest installment features the ongoing saga of Edmund, Bubba, and J.C."

RT/WB are holding them back. It's a conspiracy I tell ya :o

RT(WB) is trying to dig up another rotten review before releasing 50 more positive ones ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"