The Avengers The Avengers: News and Speculation - Part 27A sub-se - - - - - - - - - - - Part 20

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the MCU, not rebootland at WB and Fox. To have true continuity, you can't be killing off major characters in the universe just because they might not be used in your next movie.

But this is ridiculous. He can't just keep killing people and make chaos and havoc and then come back EVERY time. They should kill him and be done with it, or it could get tiring.

The GA won't like it. Hell, I don't like it.

This is more of a proof that Marvel had not yet realized that cinema and comics are not the same and shouldn't be the same.

But this is ridiculous. He can't just keep killing people and make chaos and havoc and then come back EVERY time. They should kill him and be done with it, or it could get tiring.

Me neither.

I don't need Loki to die but if he is a major threat in Thor 2 after being a murderous villain in Avengers, the whole teaming up thing will seem like a waste of time. The Avengers brought together to delay or transfer threats from one area to another rather than to deal with them.

Last edited:
Maybe people posting in this thread don't realize that Loki dying would mean his soul ended up in Hel which is a physical location in the 9 realms and a revival wouldn't be terribly difficult. Meaning he could die and still be in Thor 2.

Kingmatte, if nobody ever dies in the MCU, specially someone responsible for a global invasion, its hard to care about anyone at all. It sends the message that anyone can just try to conquer the world and at the end of the day he'll just be arrested or vanished. There's no weight to that.
I actually don't mind if Loki dies later, hopefully at the hands of Thor in his own movie. If they truly are depicting Loki in this film as the God of Mischief, which I think they are, then I think it would stand to reason that he'll get away somehow. I think we've all been guessing that the Avengers would lock him up somehow or that he'd get banished to some Asgardian prison realm. I believe he has the capacity to make a getaway and plot for another day.

Truth be told, I really want to see more from Tom Hiddelston, who IMO was the best thing to come out of Thor.
Loki is kind of a big deal. That'd be like killing off Magneto in an X-Men film to truly vanquish a threat. Makes no sense
They killed Magneto in the Ultimate universe. It was actually pretty awesome. Cyclops blasted his head off.

But this is ridiculous. He can't just keep killing people and make chaos and havoc and then back EVERY time. They should kill him and be done with it, or it could get tiring.

This is more of a proof that Marvel had not yet realized that and comics are not the same and shouldn't be the same.

Dude, Loki is the ONLY villain who's come back for more than one film. THE ONLY. ****ING. ONE.

In almost every other CBM, the villains DIE at the end.

Spider-Man
Spider-Man 2
Spider-Man 3
Batman
Batman Returns
Batman Forever
Batman and Robin
Batman Begins
The Dark Knight
Iron Man
Iron Man 2

Just to name a few. Just because they don't have Thor kill his own brother who he cares greatly about is not a bad thing.

I don't remember anyone complaining Hammer didn't get his head bashed in in Iron Man 2. I don't remember complaints that Hulk didn't snap Blonsky's neck in TIH. I do remember complaints about how in CBMs, the villains almost ALWAYS die.

This is more of a proof that Marvel had not yet realized that cinema and comics are not the same and shouldn't be the same.

Magneto also attempted to do very bad things to humanity, and he was still alive at the end of X3. Joker killed alot of people as well, but he was seen hanging upside down at the end of TDK. You guys made too big a deal about Loki not being killed in The Avengers.

Maybe people posting in this thread don't realize that Loki dying would mean his soul ended up in Hel which is a physical location in the 9 realms and a revival wouldn't be terribly difficult. Meaning he could die and still be in Thor 2.

This would only increase the likelihood of Thor 2 featuring Hela and I'm pretty ok with that.

i just hope Loki isnt the main threat in Thor 2...I think it would get boring facing the same guy over and over again..by Thor 2 this would be his third main villain appearance

Magneto also attempted to do very bad things to humanity, and he was still alive at the end of X3. Joker killed alot of people as well, but he was seen hanging upside down at the end of TDK. You guys made too big a deal about Loki not being killed in The Avengers.

Although Heath's death pretty much renders that scene, and one of his lines, pretty much moot.

'We're destined to do this forever.'

It also makes 'You'll be in a padded cell forever.' straight-up hilarious. I planned to tell that joke on the Bat forum....but I might reconsider it.

Might.

I don't need Loki to die but if he is a major threat in Thor 2 after being a murderous villain in Avengers, the whole teaming up thing will seem like a waste of time. The Avengers brought together to delay or transfer threats from one area to another rather than to deal with them.

EXACTLY! What was the point of The Avengers teaming up then?

i just hope Loki isnt the main threat in Thor 2...I think it would get boring facing the same guy over and over again..by Thor 2 this would be his third main villain appearance
Maybe have Enchantress/Executioner try to revive him because they know he has "deals" with the "gangsters of the 9 realms", as Hiddleston put it. This plotline would also involve Hela which, as Whiskey Tango pointed out, would be awesome

What I was looking forward to the most was the Obi-Wan/Anakin fight between Thor & Loki where Thor knows he must kill him to save lives. That emotional intensity would have OWNED the film. Now we're left with what I was dreading: "Alright, little bro, let's go home so in THOR II you can try to kill Dad again." Sighs.

I think it's a welcome change that the villian isn't being killed off. Having said that, by the time Thor 2 comes around I'll probably be ready for a villian other than Loki. I think it might interesting to see Loki maneuver from the background and someone else being the main threat.

What I was looking forward to the most was the Obi-Wan/Anakin fight between Thor & Loki where Thor knows he must kill him to save lives. That emotional intensity would have OWNED the film. Now we're left with what I was dreading: "Alright, little bro, let's go home so in THOR II you can try to kill Dad again." Sighs.
Oh you mean the fight where Obi-Wan didn't kill Anakin?

You're assuming a lot here, based on no knowledge of the actual plot. You don't know how Thor will react to Loki in the Avengers. Maybe he's going to be the one championing for his death? Maybe not. It's all up in the air.

Loki is one of the few villains in the MCU that should stick around for more than one movie. He's basically the devil, and it would show a lack of foresight, in my opinion, to kill him off without telling his whole story.

Also, just because he doesn't die doesn't automatically mean he's the star villain of Thor 2. For all we know, he has two seconds of dialog before he's banished by Odin.

im glad we get so much thor and loki. it's been a long time coming.

I missed her in the last thread but Hello SecretNerdGirl, Welcome to the madness.

Selvig is a new character and you won't find him in the comics. You'll see a new character called Dr Eric Selvong who is a scientist but he's irrelevant. I don't know what Fraction is thinking with that perv.

Also, no to Loki's death. Maybe to Hela but I'm still pushing for Enchantress as the villain in Thor 2.

Villains are every bit as important and interesting (sometimes more-so) than the heroes. There's no reason why their development time should all be shoved into one movie rather than over the course of several.

If there are more stories there to tell about that villain, that can fit into a sequel, and it doesn't take over the new villain or repeat the previous film, then there's no reason why it can't be told.

In Loki's case, it's Thor's half-brother for pete's sake. Say he was to die in The Avengers, there's no way they wouldn't follow that up in Thor's sequel.

Continuity. Gotta love it.

And what makes you think I didn't had the same problem with the X-Men films?

I think they should have killed Magneto, too.

They used him as a villain WAY TOO MUCH.

Another point ... just because Loki will continue to be around doesn't mean the characters in the movie won't thnk he's dead (or left for dead).

Thor ended with everyone thinking Loki had died. The characters were assuming he was gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"