The Avengers The Avengers: News and Speculation - Part 27A sub-se - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 64

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, people probably had the same conversations about... Every acclaimed director.

Back to Avengers though. If people really like it as much as they seem to. Top 30 at least sounds plausible right?

Back to Avengers though. If people really like it as much as they seem to. Top 30 at least sounds plausible right?

Certainly possible. I'm really looking forward to seeing it. It sounds like IM1 with better action and a far better third act. I loved IM1 but I admit the third act fell apart in it. So if this improves on that aspect, has better action through the movie, and retains a similar sense of humor to IM1...I will absolutely love it. :woot:

If Iron Man had a better third act and a more engaging villain then it would probably be my favorite superhero movie. Good thing The Avengers seems to have fixed those problems and upped everything else at the same time.

Certainly possible. I'm really looking forward to seeing it. It sounds like IM1 with better action and a far better third act. I loved IM1 but I admit the third act fell apart in it. So if this improves on that aspect, has better action through the movie, and retains a similar sense of humor to IM1...I will absolutely love it. :woot:
Then you're going to absolutely love it :cwink:

Then you're going to absolutely love it :cwink:

Heh. I still need to watch Thor and Captain America though. I enjoyed Incredible Hulk a lot, but I reckon Ruffalo's performance will be quite a bit different from Norton's. I like both actors quite a bit, but Ruffalo delivered one of my favorite performances of the last 10 years in Zodiac.

Heh. I still need to watch Thor and Captain America though. I enjoyed Incredible Hulk a lot, but I reckon Ruffalo's performance will be quite a bit different from Norton's. I like both actors quite a bit, but Ruffalo delivered one of my favorite performances of the last 10 years in Zodiac.
Yeah Ruffalo's Banner is pretty different. He's sort of tense and uneasy while he stays energetic and engaged. Whereas Norton's Banner was a sort of suicidal sadsack throughout the entire film. Which I've always felt was the reason it never clicked with a wider audience.

I like Thor a lot, I'd definitely recommend it on its own merits, there's some questionable CGI and the plot is a bit too condensed but Hemsworth and Hiddleston give great performances and have very nice arcs. Cap's pretty good, worth a watch too.

I would definitely watch Thor & Cap before you watch the Avengers. Both lead directly into the Avengers.

Yeah Ruffalo's Banner is pretty different. He's sort of tense and uneasy while he stays energetic and engaged. Whereas Norton's Banner was a sort of suicidal sadsack throughout the entire film. Which I've always felt was the reason it never clicked with a wider audience.

I like Thor a lot, I'd definitely recommend it on its own merits, there's some questionable CGI and the plot is a bit too condensed but Hemsworth and Hiddleston give great performances and have very nice arcs. Cap's pretty good, worth a watch too.

Great! That reason is why I'm really excited to see Ruffalo's Bruce Banner onscreen. I rewatched TIH today and I realized that Norton's Banner never jived well with either me or my husband because he, himself, was exactly how you described him. And Norton's a fantastic actor, mind. But he didn't convey the energy I always imagined Bruce to have.

T"Challa;23013435 said:
yeah me too..never seen it before. And it had some dialogue that i don't remember seeing in the movie

Details?!

This movie is getting so much praise i am lovin it!
It is one thing to finally sink in the idea of this movie happening but it is another to exceed everyones expectations...

The full and final cast & crew list has been released. Reveals a few supporting actors and characters from the comics. Did a rundown on CBM

avengerscastlist.png

Hey now don't forget everyone wants to be Faceless Pilot.

The full and final cast & crew list has been released. Reveals a few supporting actors and characters from the comics. Did a rundown on CBM

avengerscastlist.png
Noticed Alexis Denisof's name since he's married to former Buffy co-star Allyson Hannigan, which means he has a good connection to Whedon.

The tornado scene comes to mind, there my be more but that's the only one I can think of right now.

avengerscastlist.png

Powers Boothe, Harry Dean Stanton, Philip Baker Hall....

I guess this is the new cameo trend in CBMs started by Nolan's use of William Fichtner in TDK.

sqli09.jpg

I didn't realize the guy Black Widow beats up is played by Jerzy Skolimowski, the great Polish director. That's awesome.

Evan Kole is a Carrier BridgeTech? He looks a tad young for that role. Also, what is a Carrier BridgeTech?

I don't think PBH is in it. That was based on some extra recognizing him, not on anything solid. It looks to be the role played by Kenneth Tigar, who has a similar look to Phil Baker Hall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"