The Avengers The Avengers: News and Speculation - Part 27A sub-se - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 50

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm getting the feeling that each Avengers has the others back type vibe from those Character Posters... definitely Digging it!!!

Given that Whedon has described his film to be like a war film, I wonder if that means that we'll also see a lot of civilian casualties take place in this film.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I haven't see as much civilian casualties in the last 3 Marvel Films as opposed to Iron Man 1 and TIH.

We saw people running scared and panicked in IM2 and to a lesser extent, in Thor, but it was mainly soldiers or armed forces that got killed in the last three films.

I kind of want to see in visual context on the Avengers realizing on what's at stake here, that if they don't win, that not only will humanity be enslaved but that a lot of people are going to die as a result, with them already having failed to save some people to emphasize their need.

I'd definitely like to see on what Whedon has in stored that would make audiences think that both Thor and the Hulk would be endanger of losing their lives in the battle given their levels of strength and power.

In the set photos Thor and Cap look like they got the crap kicked out of them. Hopefully they'll bloody up Hulk, too, none of that absurd "never gets injured" BS from the comics.

In the set photos Thor and Cap look like they got the crap kicked out of them. Hopefully they'll bloody up Hulk, too, none of that absurd "never gets injured" BS from the comics.

Agreed; for the threat to really be taken serious imho, even the Hulk needs to be shown that he could very well lose this battle instead of presenting him as the plot device that miraculously turns the tide of the war within a instant.

Do you guys think Hawkeye will also be proficient in Hand to Hand combat? Cause those arrows can't get him out of everything...

Found the Cap/Hawkeye poster in UHQ (2150x3000)
avs120314.jpg

Given that Whedon has described his film to be like a war film, I wonder if that means that we'll also see a lot of civilian casualties take place in this film.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I haven't see as much civilian casualties in the last 3 Marvel Films as opposed to Iron Man 1 and TIH.

We saw people running scared and panicked in IM2 and to a lesser extent, in Thor, but it was mainly soldiers or armed forces that got killed in the last three films.

I kind of want to see in visual context on the Avengers realizing on what's at stake here, that if they don't win, that not only will humanity be enslaved but that a lot of people are going to die as a result, with them already having failed to save some people to emphasize their need.

Hard to say. Joss Whedon has no problem with body counts in most of his material, but he might have a slight leash on him because of Disney. But if last years Transformers 3, Harry Potter did it, don't see no reason why this won't.

Found the Cap/Hawkeye poster in UHQ (2150x3000)
avs120314.jpg

Thanks! It's beautiful, and different from the Hawkeye/Hulk one. I like seeing Hawkeye get a little love in the posters.

They still need to put out one with Agent Coulson, though. The man's been in four films, he deserves some respect.

Hard to say. Joss Whedon has no problem with body counts in most of his material, but he might have a slight leash on him because of Disney. But if last years Transformers 3, Harry Potter did it, don't see no reason why this won't.

True, but Disney didn't seem to have that problem with having body counts in their Pirates films, heck we saw a kid ready to be hanged in the opening of "At World's End".lol

I wouldn't mind something like seeing a similar devastation in the way that the Decepticons had brought when invading Chicago in TF3.

Imho, instead of just implying that a lot of innocent people will be killed in the process if the heroes don't win...show it in dramatic fashion to make it more effective imho.

The dead thread has pages and pages of back and forth over civilian casualties in Marvel films. Literally reams of stuff. We spent most of the day discussing the pros and cons. It's all over there. >>>>> Promise.

The dead thread has pages and pages of back and forth over civilian casualties in Marvel films. Literally reams of stuff. We spent most of the day discussing the pros and cons. It's all over there. >>>>> Promise.

Really? Wow, I never knew of that. Interesting to know about indeed.

Oh, and another thing I'd like to add is that I hope Loki's invasion lasts longer than "one day's" worth.lol

Superheroes gone to war. Awesome!

I just can't wait for this film.

Superheroes gone to war. Awesome!

I just can't wait for this film.

Indeed; I had been hoping to see a film about superheroes going to war in the X-Men films...especially with X3 prior before its release...course I never got that.lol

We've never really had a group of heroes presented, whether it was a singular group like the X-Men or the Fantastic Four, really shown in a serious War Environment till now imho.

Do you guys think Hawkeye will also be proficient in Hand to Hand combat? Cause those arrows can't get him out of everything...

Definitely. There's no way that one of SHIELD's top agents wouldn't be a beast in hand-to-hand. I wouldn't mind a scene where Cap shows Clint a few fighting moves though, as a reference to how Steve trained Clint in hand-to-hand combat in the comics.

What sucks is that this film has a ton of characters and a ton of story to cover. So we cant see everything we want to see from each character. We can trust though, that every character will have their fair share of moments to shine

What sucks is that this film has a ton of characters and a ton of story to cover. So we cant see everything we want to see from each character. We can trust though, that every character will have their fair share of moments to shine

I would think that it'd be harder to bring in Thor and Captain America into this film considering that both of their films ended on somewhat of a cliffhanger when compared to IM2 and TIH.

I mean, it can't be easy bringing all of that baggage into this film without running the risk of spending a lot of time dealing with all of that while still making the film not feel as though it were a direct sequel for those characters.

Definitely. There's no way that one of SHIELD's top agents wouldn't be a beast in hand-to-hand. I wouldn't mind a scene where Cap shows Clint a few fighting moves though, as a reference to how Steve trained Clint in hand-to-hand combat in the comics.

Yea I just hope that doesn't get skipped over. When Widow fights him, he better give her a run for her money... that's all I'm saying. :ninja:

I would think that it'd be harder to bring in Thor and Captain America into this film considering that both of their films ended on somewhat of a cliffhanger when compared to IM2 and TIH.

I mean, it can't be easy bringing all of that baggage into this film without running the risk of spending a lot of time dealing with all of that while still making the film not feel as though it were a direct sequel for those characters.
Thats why I was really excited about cap being the focus of the avengers. Thor and iron man both have their own films next year, cap doesnt.

Remember when he fought Zeus? :p

Agreed; for the threat to really be taken serious imho, even the Hulk needs to be shown that he could very well lose this battle instead of presenting him as the plot device that miraculously turns the tide of the war within a instant.

Ugh I don't want him to be the game changer, we have seen Thor's level of power as city busting, there is no way in hell Hulk will be able to top that, and I hope Thor's power isn't reduced from that, that would bring inconsistency to the character, and that would be something pointed out for sure.

I really don't wanna see any "game changer". Especially since this is a team, if there is a game changer, lets hope its not one solo character, its an ensemble film, so it would have to be something as a team. But it seems like there won't be a game changing moment, like whedon said, we wont see something along the lines of, the avengers are together, yayy.

double post

Last edited:
Remember when he fought Zeus? :p

That was good, but it was the exception rather than the rule. Nowadays, very little can touch Hulk, which to me makes him a very uninteresting character. In the Hulk thread I was assured that even when he's in the Banner state Hulk cannot be killed or permanently injured because the second his body senses damage it will automatically repair anything, even damage from bullets fired into his brain.

That is utter insanity. I wouldn't expect the movie-verse to embrace that level of invulnerability because there would be nowhere to go with the character. Hulk has to be vulnerable to injury and defeat like all of the others or there's no point to the exercise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"