The Avengers The Avengers: News and Speculation - Part 27A sub-se - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 51

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm holding out hope for a J.A.R.V.I.S./Vision mashup. Android body provided by Pym with the AI provided by Stark (with Paul Bettany's voice).

Wow we're goin' through Threads faster these days lol

This is what I'm talkin about for comparison:
15axwk.jpg

Their faces don't really match up imho. The brow is totally different and cheekbones..idk....for some reason it looks like they used an old pic of Hulk

THREAD MANAGER!!!!!!!!!

I could do without a Pym movie altogether, tbh. But that's just me...I'd be fine with them being introduced ala Hawkeye as new team members, or SHIELD scientists or what have you.

I'm holding out hope for a J.A.R.V.I.S./Vision mashup. Android body provided by Pym with the AI provided by Stark (with Paul Bettany's voice).
Like that idea. Or Jarvis becoming ultron-like

THREAD MANAGER!!!!!!!!!

I could do without a Pym movie altogether, tbh. But that's just me...I'd be fine with them being introduced ala Hawkeye as new team members, or SHIELD scientists or what have you.

They aren't strong enough characters for their own film IMO. I'm glad the Ant-Man solo film was scrapped, hope it stays that way.

Like that idea. Or Jarvis becoming ultron-like

Absolute speculation/fan fiction: if Pym creates the "ultimate" android body but Stark has to provide the AI (via JARVIS), then you get Vision. Following that train of though, Pym's ego would kick in in an attempt to one-up Stark, which leads to him creating Ultron on his own.

Personally I never liked the idea of Giant man/Ant man, don't know why, just doesn't interest me.

Since IM2 I've been thinking I'd like for Tony to give Jarvis a bit more oomph. He had way to hard a time bypassing Vanko's hack of the WarMachine armor.

question: Someone mentioned Avengers takes place 2 years later, I've heard one year, which is correct and how do we know?

question: Someone mentioned Avengers takes place 2 years later, I've heard one year, which is correct and how do we know?

i'd say a year or less... i'd assume cap would have been somewhat acclimated to the current time period in a 2 year period. Far more than he seems to be in what we've seen so far anyway.

Absolute speculation/fan fiction: if Pym creates the "ultimate" android body but Stark has to provide the AI (via JARVIS), then you get Vision. Following that train of though, Pym's ego would kick in in an attempt to one-up Stark, which leads to him creating Ultron on his own.
I think it would make more sense if Pym had more to do with the AI and Tony with the android body. That is part of Pym's scientific repertoir afterall. It has to do with his helmet invention and it would place the blame more on him when Ultron goes berserk (which is how it should be).

I believe it's 2 years. Numerous sources have said its been 2 years since Banner had his last hulk out, and TIH is supposed to be relatively in conjunction with IM2.

Someone is free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the 2 years came from footage screened at one of the cons or expos (I want to say the D23 expo), in the description for the footage where Widow comes to 'recruit' Banner she mentions something like "It's been 2 years since your last incident"

i'd say a year or less... i'd assume cap would have been somewhat acclimated to the current time period in a 2 year period. Far more than he seems to be in what we've seen so far anyway.

It does seems that way...

I believe it's 2 years. Numerous sources have said its been 2 years since Banner had his last hulk out, and TIH is supposed to be relatively in conjunction with IM2.

And Thor takes place around IM2 as well doesn't it?

15axwk.jpg

Their faces don't really match up imho. The brow is totally different and cheekbones..idk....for some reason it looks like they used an old pic of Hulk

It's new. They're just different angles. There's no way they'd use a still, let alone from an incredibly old movie.

They aren't strong enough characters for their own film IMO. I'm glad the Ant-Man solo film was scrapped, hope it stays that way.

Who said "Ant-Man" was scrapped? Last report, a few months ago, was that Cornish had turned in the latest (fourth...?) rewrite to Marvel for review, and the ball was in their court.

But in all honesty, I'd rather see Ant-Man and Wasp introduced via an Avengers sequel proper, instead of their own film. As much as I like and believe in Wright, and have no doubt he'd make an interesting film no matter what the angle, it just makes more sense to see Hank and Janet as Avengers instead of a solo joint.

Yes, IM2, TIH and Thor happen around the same time. Each story starts at a slightly different time and may end earlier or later than the others but at one point they overlap.

15axwk.jpg

It looks like the promo Hulk.

Who said "Ant-Man" was scrapped? Last report, a few months ago, was that Cornish had turned in the latest (fourth...?) rewrite to Marvel for review, and the ball was in their court.

But in all honesty, I'd rather see Ant-Man and Wasp introduced via an Avengers sequel proper, instead of their own film. As much as I like and believe in Wright, and have no doubt he'd make an interesting film no matter what the angle, it just makes more sense to see Hank and Janet as Avengers instead of a solo joint.

It's done. Marvel isn't WB or Paramount. If they publicly scrap a project it's a big deal, so they won't.

More or less. Coulson goes to new Mexico almost right after helping Tony discover his dads secrets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"