The Avengers The Avengers: News and Speculation - Part 27A sub-se - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 61

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's them just talking (mainly Tony). Not spoilerish at all in my opinion.

seeing as it was the last page I post it again on the first page of this one :woot:

Don't know if anyone's seen these but its the first time I've seen them sooo....yeah. Nothing really new, but interesting reads anywho :woot:

http://www.totalfilm.com/features/to...usson-facebook

Tom Hiddlston

Who'd win in a fight - Loki or Ernest Hemingway?
Hemmingway is constantly going ‘do you box?’ and ‘ever shot a charging lion?’ Loki would put Hemmingway’s machismo back in its box!

Did you ever get wig envy on the set of Avengers working with Scarlett and Chris?

No! The top half of my hair was my own and then they kind put a half wig at the back. Like an evil mullet. I am like an evil Pat Sharp.

Did you ever get wig envy on the set of Avengers working with Scarlett and Chris?

No! The top half of my hair was my own and then they kind put a half wig at the back. Like an evil mullet. I am like an evil Pat Sharp.

In the comics Loki briefly turned into a woman. If this were to be introduced in The Avengers or Thor 2, would you be comfortable relinquishing Loki to another person, or would you insist on playing the part in drag?

I don’t know that in drag I would look nearly as good as Loki would like to look. What really happens in the comics is Loki comes back in the body of Sif – she was the warrior valkyrie played by Jaimie Alexander. So Jaime would have to play it. Jaime is gorgeous and I’d be right behind her.

If you weren't playing Loki and you could play one of the superheroes instead which superhero would you most want to play and why?

I’ve always loved the bad guys. I love Batman. Batman’s cool. Michael Keaton as Batman – I love Christian Bale but no one will surpass Michael Keaton for me. He was the best Bruce Wayne too because he was a bit off the wall and a bit weird.

I've recently named my cat after your character in Thor/The Avengers. Besides this, what is the proudest moment of your career?

Incredible! I’ve had so many amazing moments. I think it was the end of the day that we shot the scene in the middle of Thor between Odin and Loki in the vault when he finds out the truth of his origins. At the end of that day Ken [Branagh] came up to me and said, ‘You were brilliant today and I’m very proud of you’ and then on the way past, Tony Hopkins tapped Ken on the shoulder and said, ‘He’s alright, isn’t he, this kid, he’s alright’.

Joss Whedon

http://www.totalfilm.com/features/jo...w/buffy-reboot

Gerry Keane wonders how bad was the urge to fondle Scarlett in her leather outfit? Dear Jerry – some things are actually anti-social media and should be kept to oneself.
But I will tell you a story that made me laugh. She was doing a scene, she had been off for awhile, everybody only worked a certain amount of days and she was doing a scene with Mark and they were both great in it.
But there was something she was doing that I was like, ‘This is extraordinary, it’s different to what I’ve seen her do before, I can’t put my finger on it what is it? That’s just so compelling…’
I was thinking about it and was talking to Seamus, the DP and I just realised – ‘I’ve been shooting dudes for awhile! Oh, it’s my latent heterosexuality.’
I told Scarlett that, she laughed. No, we’re just good friends. Let me also say this, Chris Hemsworth leather outfit wasn’t bad either.

Lula Madison wonders if there will there be a post-credits sequence at the end of The Avengers.

Well she’ll have to sit through it won’t she? That means no walking out. Having said that, if you’ve paid for it – you may walk out.

How long is The Avengers?
I believe it will be over 2 hours – just a bit, I’m not a fan of the 3 hours ‘Crunchapalooza’.
I love to tell a story as tightly as I can but it’s also an epic starring six or seven of the best actors out there so I was always going to spend some time with them.

What’s your favourite Marvel movie pre Avengers or your favourite superhero film in general, and that’s from David Smart.

There have only been a few Marvel movies... I would say Iron Man.
That was sort of a watershed moment having a guy of Downey’s calibre and having Gwyneth really grounding it and making it really true to the book, and it’s also got a bit of its own thing.
Also it was the beginning of this whole thing.

Last question, and it's from Adie Astill. Were you surprised to get the director's chair for The Avengers?
Not really, it was sort of a natural progression, I had been talking to Marvel for a long time on various projects that didn’t come through and I’ve known Kevin for a long time, we’re very compatible.
It just sort of made sense, I didn’t realise when I came in to talk about it, that I was even considering it or they were considering me.
It was more like they knew me and I was there to read the script and give them advice. Which I did, ‘chuck it’.
Then gradually after a few days, ‘Oh wait a minute, this seems to be happening.’
It makes sense because I’ve been working for a long time, it makes sense because it’s the sort of thing I do.
And it makes sense because Marvel, very wisely, give the projects to those who the experience will be a game-changer because they get someone with a vision that’s a little bit different and they don’t have to pay them that much.
Favreau, Branagh, myself – we’re all in a different sphere before and after and that’s useful and I think each one of them brought something very personal to their movies and I’ve definitely been able to do that with mine.

Me thinks some spoilers ahead soon, maybe it's time to come in here a little less lol

Maybe Mr Stark is buying time for the others to arrive - just before the portal opens and he's chased by the flying serpent thingy.

HAHA!

I have succesfully not watched all 3 released clips.

I rule. My willpower is all.

^ The "headcount" clip doesn't really even count as a "spoiler" in my book, especially considering we've already heard 70% of that conversation already.

Woohoo, I got my ticket for Berlin for the broadcast from the Europe premiere in London. I'll watch the movie at 19.04. already. I can't tell you guys how excited I am.

party.gif

Woohoo, I got my ticket for Berlin for the broadcast from the Europe premiere in London. I'll watch the movie at 19.04. already. I can't tell you guys how excited I am.

party.gif

April 19th?

Maybe Mr Stark is buying time for the others to arrive - just before the portal opens and he's chased by the flying serpent thingy.

question about the clip. I have heard the line where Tony says "we have a super soldier" used in some of the tvspots and clips which is different from the "Living Legend" line that I love. I hope the Living Legend line is in the final film. I wonder why there are 2 different lines that look to play out in that scene

Last edited:

I really like what I'm seeing here. It's hard to get a sense of what Loki's head space is.

question about the clip. I have heard the line where Tony says "we have a super soldier" used in some of the tvspots and clips which is different from the "Living Legend" line that I love. I hope the Living Legend line is in the final film. I wonder why there are 3 different lines that look to play out in that scene
From articles I've read, RDJ is known for throwing out different lines for different takes as well as Joss writing different lines for different takes. Giving multiple choices to choose from when it comes down to editing... here's an EW article from last September that addresses it (and gives an example):
http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20532978_3,00.html

In the sequence they're about to shoot, Iron Man has just suffered a serious ash-kicking, and Thor and Captain America are coming to his rescue. When Thor rips Tony Stark's helmet free, the unconscious billionaire was supposed to wake suddenly, catch his breath, and ask, ''What's next?'' Downey felt there should be more. Whedon agreed and put pen to paper, which resulted not just in a new series of exchanges between the three heroes, but a few alternates for Downey to say, giving the editors some options when it's time to assemble the movie. One choice line from the bunch: ''What happened?'' Stark groans, coming back to consciousness as Captain America and Thor loom over him. ''Please tell me nobody tried to kiss me.''

I gave in and watched it lol, very cool. Them bracelets are so small though, but yeah I assume he maybe presses them or something and it calls his suit maybe? I think his suit materialising from the bracelets is a little much.

edit: I guess this would also officially be clip 2 from the line of clips they're releasing. wonder how many more they'll be? when was clip 1 released again?

I gave in and watched it lol, very cool. Them bracelets are so small though, but yeah I assume he maybe presses them or something and it calls his suit maybe? I think his suit materialising from the bracelets is a little much.

edit: I guess this would also officially be clip 2 from the line of clips they're releasing. wonder how many more they'll be? when was clip 1 released again?
Would it be considered 2 or would it be "3" since there was the clip when Cobie was on Letterman?

Anywho... Clip 1 (the Black Widow Clip) was released on Mavel's youtube channel last Friday (the 6th)

Speaking of the Bracelets, last night Colantotte released a neat motion-comic-like rundown of Tony's armors, up to Mark VII. Shows how the bracelets have some influence.
[YT]2cmtP7-kjwA&hd=1[/YT]

Okay, May 4th can't come soon enough for me.

That reminds me of a funny German TV thing a few years ago...

It was an interview with George Lucas. At he end, the interviewer said to Lucas: "And now, please say to us the one sentence that we all want to hear."

Lucas, of course, said: "May the force be with you."

The German translator, however, understood "May 4th we'll be with you" and translated it that way.

It was priceless. :woot:

I love when Tony says, "you're brother, the demi-god". You can tell Loki didn't like it, he seemed bothered when he said it. Then Tony notices it and puts on the bracelets. He knows things are about to go down. Love that attention to detail.

Also, can someone explain this line to me:

"Maybe your army comes and maybe they are too much for us. But it's all on you."

How is it all on him?

It's a bit surreal to watch my two favorite characters interact with one another. I still can't believe this is happening. :woot:

I love when Tony says, "you're brother, the demi-god". You can tell Loki didn't like it, he seemed bothered when he said it. Then Tony notices it and puts on the bracelets. He knows things are about to go down. Love that attention to detail.

Also, can someone explain this line to me:

"Maybe your army comes and maybe they are too much for us. But it's all on you."

How is it all on him?

It's a bit surreal to watch my two favorite characters interact with one another. I still can't believe this is happening. :woot:
I don't think it's so much him noticing Loki's reaction that inspires him to put on the bracelets, I think it's more like he's been wanting to get them on probably since Loki arrived and he's just taking advantage of the fact that Loki has (albeit briefly) turned his back on him... giving him the chance he needed. If that makes sense.

Speaking of the Bracelets, last night Colantotte released a neat motion-comic-like rundown of Tony's armors, up to Mark VII. Shows how the bracelets have some influence.
[YT]2cmtP7-kjwA&hd=1[/YT]

Awesome video! thanks Freshman! That 'date' with Pepper, I don't remember that, is that in Iron Man 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"