The Batman (1966) Appreciation Thread - Part 1

tvc-02-68-768x1088.jpg

Future BATGIRL Yvonne Craig on an episode of "77 Sunset Strip" with Efrem Zimbalist, Jr. the future voice of ALFRED.

lady-in.jpg

I know quite a few people who are not fans of the superhero genre, but they enjoy this show. This is the best superhero show ever because it doesn’t follow the same repetitive formula that every superhero movie has followed for the last 25 years.

Start Bidding! - One-of-a-kind 1:6 scale Batman Batcave Diorama with Prototypes (Hot | Lot #98230 | Heritage Auctions (and clearing out the garage/basement)

457483-alf.jpg

lf

lf

lf
lf
lf

One-of-a-kind 1:6 scale Batman Batcave Diorama with Prototypes (Hot Toys, 2016).

1966 Batman TV show... the Bat Cave! Meticulously recreated by a talented team of artists and craftsmen, this one-of-a-kind diorama was created to be displayed publicly at the Batman 100% Hot Toys Exhibition in September of 2016.

The diorama measures 9' wide by 5' deep by 4' tall and includes an impressive number of custom-made pieces,

four unique Bat-suits brings to life the cover of Detective Comics #165 - "The Strange Costumes of Batman!"

7s9wp1.jpg

7s9xam.jpg

Those are a bit off brand, but that's fantastic.​

Last edited:
Link Wray who I admit I had never of until I came across his version of the BATMAN theme.
It's from 1966.

Seems like they’re getting into more material from the Batman ‘66 comics, but I really wish they’d circle back to the suited-up Riddler look…

a7eadb61583487254ff03e33434e19ac8f5961b1.jpg

Start Bidding! - One-of-a-kind 1:6 scale Batman Batcave Diorama with Prototypes (Hot | Lot #98230 | Heritage Auctions (and clearing out the garage/basement)

457483-alf.jpg

lf

lf

lf
lf
lf

One-of-a-kind 1:6 scale Batman Batcave Diorama with Prototypes (Hot Toys, 2016).

1966 Batman TV show... the Bat Cave! Meticulously recreated by a talented team of artists and craftsmen, this one-of-a-kind diorama was created to be displayed publicly at the Batman 100% Hot Toys Exhibition in September of 2016.

The diorama measures 9' wide by 5' deep by 4' tall and includes an impressive number of custom-made pieces,

four unique Bat-suits brings to life the cover of Detective Comics #165 - "The Strange Costumes of Batman!"

7s9wp1.jpg

7s9xam.jpg

Those are a bit off brand, but that's fantastic.​
7uv5ae.jpg

Final bid $27,500.00:wow: So which one of you won this!:astonished:

Last edited:
Seems like they’re getting into more material from the Batman ‘66 comics, but I really wish they’d circle back to the suited-up Riddler look…

a7eadb61583487254ff03e33434e19ac8f5961b1.jpg
file.php

1:6 scale, It's from Mars an unlicensed company, so buyer beware, yet their already released Romero Joker looks outstanding, and reviewers I've seen are very satisfied.
They also plan on making Meredith Penguin and Newmar (Meriwether & Kitt) Catwoman.

I can wait to see The Penguin one.

Please let this Adam West thing be respectful. Hopefully it is just archive footage, but even so, it still feels a bit ghoulish.

Please let this Adam West thing be respectful. Hopefully it is just archive footage, but even so, it still feels a bit ghoulish.

Batwheels, new episodes starting Monday, September 11 at 7:45a, 9/15 episode features Adam West
Yeah is this animated, just using clips of his voice? Live Action CG(deep fake?) Or re-using actual old footage of him? (of what, him in the Batmobile?) "Batwheels"?
I would love to see more Adam West, yet it's a bit odd to see him credited.

Last edited:
The show will be using archival voice recordings, so overall, a nice nod to The Bright Knight. I wonder if they'll do the same for Conroy and the BTAS Batmobile some day.

Still feels a bit odd, and to label it as "going to appear in"?
So Batwheels is like Disney Cars, but with Batmobiles?

Though now I have the old Hotwheels cartoon theme in my head...

If they similarly got existing VO of Romero as the voice for the Barris Mongrel-T Joker-Mobile, now that would be sensational!
381cdd398dd88e4b61ffba2730f57a6e.gif

Last edited:
The show will be using archival voice recordings, so overall, a nice nod to The Bright Knight. I wonder if they'll do the same for Conroy and the BTAS Batmobile some day.

I personally still can't wrap my head around these digitally recreated dead actor cameos.
Even without touching ethical questions, it just always feels off. More like a ventriloquist having fun at the taxidermist than a sincere homage.

Yeah, that's it : it's for me the movie equivalent of those memes with people taking selfies at funerals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"