The Batman (1966) Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
uoJTT3K.jpg
XXcDg53.jpg
HhOPLIy.jpg

by Jakob Staermose

Now you mention it, there was one. Catwoman's young apprentice, Pussycat, I think. She had a crush on Robin.

It's been a while since I've watched that episode, but from memory she was only pretending to like him so Catwoman could drug him and make him be in love with ***** Cat and become Catwoman's willing henchman.

A group of girls in the "Joker's Riled and Batman is Wild" were interested in him too, as was Lady Penelope in the Londinium Trilogy.

Oh yeah those crazy chicks lol. Forgot all about them.

"Oh that Robin. I'm out of my skin over him"

uoJTT3K.jpg
XXcDg53.jpg
HhOPLIy.jpg

by Jakob Staermose

Awesome :up:

You got me too excited, Kane, I thought it was DVD news. :csad:

*crosses fingers for news at SDCC*

Whoa are they action figures or statues?

Brilliant 60s Batmobile art up there. I'm looking forward to seeing what these action figures look like. Roll on SDCC and please announce the series on DVD/Blu-ray. Then we can put it on the shelf along with the others - BTAS, Burton, Nolan, etc.

I also need to start reading the new digital comic series. It's been getting solid reviews.

Covers and synopsis to the first four issues of the new Batman '66 comic.

BATMAN%20%2766%20%231%20CoverLR.jpg

Batman '66 #1

Put on your go-go boots and get ready to “Batusi” back to the Swingin’ 60s as DC Comics reimagines the classic Batman TV series in comics form for the first time! These all-new stories portray The Caped Crusader, The Boy Wonder and their fiendish rogues gallery just the way viewers remember them. In this first adventure, The Riddler’s out to steal some valuable artwork from under the noses of Gotham’s police. But Batman gets help from an unlikely source: a certain femme fatale dressed in feline finery!

Batman%2766%20%2302%20Cover%20DOTS_0.jpg

Batman '66 #2

It's the middle of summer, so why is an iceberg blocking Gotham harbor? Aided by his new accomplice, Mr. Freeze, the Penguin floats in on a giant iceberg that he declares to be a soverign nation. Now, in order for ships to pass and commerce to continue, everyone is going to have to pay a toll to "Emperor Penguin." Will the beaked criminal really be able to use diplomatic immunity to pull off this pernicious piracy?

Batman%2766-%2303-Cover_zbadhjkv75_.jpg

Batman '66 #3

To protect his beloved Gotham City, The Batman is forced to release his deadliest enemy…THE JOKER! Will Batman be able to put the genie back in the bottle? Who does The Joker have working with him on the outside? Why does Robin have to ride in a sidecar on the Batcycle? BATMAN ‘66 rolls into high gear with mystery and mayhem!

BATMAN_%2766_4_vjnygumpbh_.jpg

Batman '66 #4

Batman and Robin head to 1960s London to take on The Mad Hatter! When the Caped Crusader hears that hats are being stolen from England’s famous Beefeaters, he knows it can only be the work of Jervis Tetch. But something’s also amiss at Big Ben. Could the Clock King be up to his old tricks?

I hate when artists put the bat-symbol so close to the neck.

Adam's symbol kind of centered in between his pecs more than anything (or at least the bottom half of his chest).

*cough*Nit-picker*cough*

You got me too excited, Kane, I thought it was DVD news. :csad:

*crosses fingers for news at SDCC*

We’ve been talking with multiple individuals about what’s afoot for Batman at Comic Con, and there seems to be something big happening that has to do with the 1966 TV series.

The thing is… nobody is in agreement about what exactly these secret plans, showpiece or announcement might be.

As you may be aware, there’s been no DVD release for the show as yet. Reasons for this appear to include a dispute between 20th Century Fox, who own the actual footage, and Warner Bros. who own the Batman and his likeness, though there’s often said to be rights issues with some of the music, costumes and even the Batmobile design too.

If it’s true that the show is about to reach DVD and maybe even Blu-ray, this may well all be down to Warner Bros. decision to make a Watchman movie. Why? Well, here’s how that particular twist was reported by a pre-Bleeding Cool version of Rich, way back in 2008:

The situation has Fox filing suit against Warners and other connected companies over the rights to produce and distribute the upcoming Watchmen movie, based on contracts signed a considerable while ago. And it appears that they have a very good case indeed.

But do Fox really want to make a Watchmen film of their own? Do they want the money from the Warners Watchmen film? Do they want a cut? A payoff? Or just holding up a rival?

None of the above. Sources tell me that Fox want the 1960s Batman TV series. Currently Fox own the TV footage, but Warner Bros own the characters and trademarks, via their ownership of DC Comics. The rights to a DVD release have been held up for a long time now, and this case looks like it may be the instrument to release them.

If the deal was made, it never became public. And it would also have been necessary for Fox to then follow through with a a good number of other new deals, both with the actors and various other rights holders involved.

Perhaps that all works with the timing – from 2008 until an announcement this week. It’s not impossible.

The plot thickened last Summer when it became clear that Warner Bros. would be releasing a line of consumer products themed around the TV series, from action figures to beach towels.

Could it be that they made a deal with Fox that went something like “You can release the series if we release the merch?”

Well, yes. That’s entirely possible. We don’t know how Warner Bros. cleared the way with Fox to be able to release all of these lunchboxes and t-shirts and the like, but surely allowing a DVD release would be their one main bargaining chip?

So, one party has told us that there’s going to be some kind of announcement to do with the series in San Diego, and it’s expected – not absolutely confirmed – to be a home video release.

Another has told us that there’s going to be something to do with Batman ’66 on the exhibition floor.

And a third, entirely separate voice has piped in with a sounds-too-good-to-be-true tip-off that there will be free, giveaway sample discs at the show, maybe even inside the Warner Bros.-sponsored bags that all attendees will receive.

It might all be true, it might all be some kind of misunderstanding, but that so many people have spoken up in just a few days is pretty compelling to me. And is it really just a coincidence that the Batman ’66 comic book is receiving a print release this week? Or is it another part of a carefully co-ordinated marketing scheme?

We’ll be sure to let you know as soon as we can what exactly is going on.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/07...c-con/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Last edited:
Well, if nothing else you can rejoice for all the Batman '66 swag that's coming out. Action figures, model kits, comics ... There's even an (unconfirmed) rumor that Hot Toys will be getting in on it.

Someone posted this on my newsfeed and I almost had a heart attack.

cyxa3Tb.jpg

A Big Batman 1966 TV Series Announcement At SDCC ’13?
BY COMICS XAMINER – JULY 15, 2013

POSTED IN: TV
According to Bleeding Cool: We’ve been talking with multiple individuals about what’s afoot for Batman at Comic Con, and there seems to be something big happening that has to do with the 1966 TV series.

b111.jpg

Best guess. The release of the entire series on DVD/Blu -ray as that is the only piece missing from the recent Batman 1966 merchandise bonanza.

http://comics-x-aminer.com/2013/07/15/a-big-batman-1966-tv-series-announcement-at-sdcc-13/

Oh my god PLEASE let that be true!!!

On a side note I picked up the first issue of Batman '66 today and it was terrific. They captured the spirit of the show perfectly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"