The Batman (1966) Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't imagine with all these '66 Batman products coming out (and there's a ton) that it's not leading up to the eventual release of the show on DVD. This is just the kind of product tie-ins they would do for such a release. I suspect this is all more or less test marketing to see if there is enough of a demand for the show after all this time.

They know the interest is there... but the legal complications are clearly putting them off.

They amount of money to release the show on home media is HUGE. I was hoping some of it was resolved by now, but I guess not.

The problem might be the music/soundtrack... Everything else might have been solved, why else should DC be able to publish all this stuff about the series but not the show itself?

If that's the case a release is unlikely, except they replace the music like the did in some releases of old shows.

Don't forget royalties for all the guest stars who popped their heads out the windows.

That's alot of negoiations and alot of money.

Thanks for the info. Great name btw. :up:

Well if you liked that there is more where that came from, as I have been working on a 15 part project which will be posted at the Arkham City forums in installments at 10:00am UK time every Saturday.

The first and every other entry in the series has been or will be posted here;

http://forums.arkhamverse.com/viewtopic.php?f=69&t=19827&sid=2a615e7e5c5728dc3daea8d1eacb3736

And thank you I'm quite fond of this username myself. Lol.

Last edited:
From Michael Crawford's action figure review site, taken at the current SDCC, upcoming Hot toys 1/6 scale Batman '66 figures and Batmobile:

Notice the "Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb" bomb accessory.

They are fantastic. Batman would be holding that bomb above his head if I had him lol.

DmBxEzb.gif

nrsr4HF.gif

In the second gif it looks like Robin is saying, "oh ****". :funny:

Don't forget royalties for all the guest stars who popped their heads out the windows.

That's alot of negoiations and alot of money.

Not just that, but also the rights to the ones that appeared as characters from other TV shows - Ted Cassidy as Lurch (complete with the Addams Family theme music on harpsichord accompanying their climb up to his window), Werner Klemperer as Col. Klink, and then there's the episodes with the Green Hornet and Kato to contend with too.

everytime i watch Futurama, I'm amazed at how Fry's voice reminds me of Robin's voice.

To Joker and everybody else who is interested, the second entry in my 1966 Batman project will be posted on the Arkham City forums tomorrow morning.

The entries about the Comic Book References in the TV Series\Batman: The Movie will be posted on 3rd and 10th of August.

And the entry on the Comic Book stories that were used in the series will be posted on the 17th of August.

BUT I realize that MOST people will want to know when the 6th entry with the unused Two-Face scripts will be posted, well that particular entry will be posted on the 24th of August.

Last edited:
Anyone looking for the 1966 Batman TV Classic Movie Masters Batmobile? I scored 2 at SDCC. PM me if you're interested.

Lord, she might as well be wearing a t-shirt saying the words "I want you to **** me". :o

I don't know how West's Batman resisted her through the whole series.

Because he's ♪Aaaadddmmmnnn Weeessstttt♪

Because he's ♪Aaaadddmmmnnn Weeessstttt♪

Mayor West wouldn't resist Newmar's Catwoman charms :o

I'm sure Adam West wasn't so strong behind the scenes.

He openly admits that in his autobiography, but nothing ever happened between them, though he wanted it to. Julie was a notorious flirt according to Adam. She caused curious stirrings in his utility belt.

NEW bat-book on AMAZON & eBay: “BAT BAD GIRLS”, HOT photo-anthology with sexiest villainesses & henchgirlsfrom ´66 Batman TV show.
PURRRRRFECT!

BG-Newmar.jpg

To The Joker, Senator Pleasury, Two-Face, and anybody else who may be interested, I thought that I would let you know that I will be posting the 3 unused Two-Face scripts as part of next week's entry in my 1966 Batman project.

NEW bat-book on AMAZON & eBay: “BAT BAD GIRLS”, HOT photo-anthology with sexiest villainesses & henchgirlsfrom ´66 Batman TV show.
PURRRRRFECT!

BG-Newmar.jpg

Wow, does this book cover all the female villains on the show and the villain's molls, too?

To The Joker, Senator Pleasury, Two-Face, and anybody else who may be interested, I thought that I would let you know that I will be posting the 3 unused Two-Face scripts as part of next week's entry in my 1966 Batman project.

Look forward to it :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"