The Batman (1966) Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we'll have some good news by the end of the weekend, that's my gut feeling.

Someone posted this on my newsfeed and I almost had a heart attack.

cyxa3Tb.jpg

Oh dear lord... please let this be real. :wow::wow:

0AbNW99.jpg

z0w79a5.jpg

http://tomztoyz.blogspot.com/2013/07/2013-sdcc-visitors-look-for-classic.html

DC Comics and Warner Bros will both be there and this year they have a special promo give-away that every serious Batman Fan is gonna want to get their hands on. I love the color photo of Adam West and Burt Ward! Then they did an "Andy Warhol-inspired" treatment on Cesar Romero's Joker!

This year they have a special "Classic 1966 BATMAN TV Series" Backpack (or "Goodie Bag, as some people call them) that also comes with a special CAPE! Yes, you read that right, they put a removable "cape" on it! Don't believe me? Just look at the pic down below, ha!

if those pictures of a bluray boxset are fake, i will find the dude and hunt him down until he dies.

Whoa are they action figures or statues?

Those would be 1/6 scale (12 inches tall) high-end (about $170-$200) action figures from Hot Toys. Should be excellent, they do terrific work.

My heart is racing at the sight of that possible box set. Wow...

Now I'm only checking news from Comic Con solely on the possibility of a Blu-Ray box set.

I wish I had enough cash laying around to purchase any Hot Toy, let alone those gorgeous figures.

You can always count on Hot Toys to do an amazing likeness to their figures.

Oh dear lord... please let this be real. :wow::wow:

I hate to tell you this but it isn't.

This is one of the rare non-news stories we have to post every so often, usually when fans become extremely hyped about a release that our sources tell us isn't coming. We hope the information we've been given is wrong, as we'd absolutely love to have this in our collections, but the evidence.

We started receiving emails earlier in the week from fans that had been hearing Warner Bros was going to make an announcement for the 1966 Batman series at Comic Con this week in San Diego. The rumors were fueled by the "show bag" given out at the San Diego Comic Con featuring images from the series, and "Warner Bros" along the spine. Some even said that there would be a promo disc in the bag featuring episodes from the series (there wasn't).

More emails came yesterday when the image below started showing up on various Batman/DVD forums:

That definitely looks like a professional job, and is a very attractive case for the complete series. Dave Lambert, our own "DVD Detective," managed to track down the origins of the art. The key art was created by Christopher Franchi at Metaluna 5 Media, a company that has a 2-decade history of designing artwork for pop culture, and their clients include Warner Bros, among others. The artwork was posted on their Facebook page on August 10, 2011. The artists are also Bat-fans, and - like many of us - wish to see the 1966 show on DVD, and even possibly Blu-ray Disc. The artwork posted above showing the Blu-ray sets was posted on September 24, 2012 (we had to crop the image to only show 2 out of the 3 boxes on the original post). The box is apparently an idea (a speculative one, we presume?) of what it might look like if Mataluna 5 Media was given the assignment to make up a package - using their litho design - of a Blu-ray Disc set they would call "Batman - The Complete Classic Television Series." On the spine is the same image (from the litho) of Batman and Robin, but with Batgirl added in. That Batgirl image was taken from a separate piece of artwork Christopher Franchi did, with a 2012 copyright. The artwork that started showing up on forums yesterday isn't new, and it shows no sign of being legit enough to convince us that an announcement of the 1966 Batman series, starring Adam West, is truly imminent.

Unfortunately all this hype appears to be caused by the previous deal that Warner Bros has done for merchandising rights for the Batman series (the bag was designed by Warner Bros., Worldwide Television Marketing), and the wonderful, but speculative artwork by Metaluna 5 Media. Also, the studios that have been connected to the show in the past have all told us they have no announcement to make regarding the series. We really hope we're wrong, but we're not expecting the series to be announced at the San Diego Comic Con this week.

Taken from: http://tvshowsondvd.com/n/18730#ixzz2ZR1nDptH

It ain't over till it's over! :argh:

It's all good, I'll just continue to watch the entire series on youtube. BluRay would be beyond amazing, but youtube works for now. ;)

I got a nail gun and a ballpoint pen. Let's hunt this bastard down!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"